“Great place to get caught in the rain”
Review of Solo

Solo
Ranked #195 of 838 Restaurants in Hoi An
Cuisines: Vietnamese
Dining options: Breakfast, After-hours, Reservations
Dining options: Breakfast, After-hours, Reservations
Reviewed 2 August 2013

I ended up having dinner at Solo after renting a bicycle in Hoi An with the plan to ride in a triangle to An Bang beach, Cua Dai beach and back. A storm moved in as I was riding back along Cua Dai, and since it was about dinner time, I decided to look for a restaurant. I'm glad I stopped at Solo. Had some delicious noodles, mango juice, and coffee for almost nothing, specially compared to the overpriced restaurants in Hoi An proper. As it was still raining, I hung out for a while longer after my meal. The quiet atmosphere and sound of the rain was great to get some writing done over coffee!

There are newer reviews for Solo

Reviewed 25 May 2013

Eat at Solo! Great, great, great food served by wonderful hosts...who even let me hold and play with their baby boy. Solo is a wonderful little restaurant that caters to a variety of tastebuds and the bonus is that you don't have to go all the way into Hoi An town, where everything is overpriced, to get a great meal.

Reviewed 20 May 2013 via mobile

Came here most nights, as I knew the food was of good quality and quantity, and for the price you can't go wrong. Right across the road from sun flower hotel. Deffs worth checking out!

Reviewed 9 May 2013

Myself and my partner just had lunch in Solo. We both had a noodle dish each. We didn't think it was as good as some of the other noodle dishes we have tried in Vietnam but it was ok. Then after eating half of mine, I noticed dead ants in it. I checked my partner's bowl too and sure enough, I found a good few floating around in his too. I called the waitress and told her about it, and she told me it was pepper. I had another look and I knew they were ants. She finally agreed with me but was so rude about it. She took my dish off me, and then I showed her my partner's bowl also and she took that. She did not apologise once that we had just eaten dead ants or say anything about the situation. She charged us for everything apart from 1 bowl of noodle soup even though we found ants in both. We just paid and left but I could not believe how unapologetic she was to us. We will not be returning to Solo!

Reviewed 6 May 2013

Directly opposite the Sunflower hotel, the Solo restaurant has a good variety of local and Western food at pretty reasonable prices. While service was sometimes a little slow, the staff were very friendly, and they provided salted peanuts while I waited, and watermelon to finish - a nice touch which persuaded me to visit several times during my stay in Hoi An.