“amazing fish in a clay pot”
4 of 5 bubbles Review of Phone Cafe - CLOSED

Phone Cafe
Cuisines: Asian, Vietnamese, Soups
Dining options: Dinner, Seating, Serves Alcohol
Dining options: Dinner, Seating, Serves Alcohol
Paris, France
“amazing fish in a clay pot”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 21 August 2013

you can easily miss it from outside, but when you get in, you let yourself enjoy nice atmosphere and very tasty food!!!

• Visited August 2013

Perth, Australia
“Great food, great price”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 8 August 2013

Such good value. Probably the best beef soup we had in Vietnam, and it's cool because it's a family run affair. Beautiful little setting, and no matter how loud you are you wont wake Nana napping in the back room. Deserves five stars, especially for value.

• Visited July 2013
3 Thank doalittledance1
“Great food”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 23 June 2013

We tried phone cafe as it is recommended in lonely planet after checking out morning glory restaurant and deciding it was a bit pricey for our student budget. Phone cafe is unassuming and no one is outside trying to entice you in with 2 for 1 cocktail deals- a rare thing in hoi an. However the food was fresh and authentic, probably one of the best meals we've had in Vietnam. Plus its great value for money at 175000d for 3 dishes and drinks.

• Visited June 2013
1 Thank Jenny R
London, United Kingdom
“Best Vietnamese food in town...”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 19 June 2013

Came across this place accidentally, after I stomped out of somewhere else. It's not my dodgy memory - my picture of the front of the restaurant shows either this charming and authentic little restaurant is called the Phon Cafe, or the "e" at the end has recently fallen off. So don't get confused, and don't miss the food here. It's easy to find - go down Le Loi to the waterfront, turn left, and it's a couple of hundred yards at most, past some posher looking places, a big, plain doorway into a small room with half a dozen tables. So it doesn't look fancy, but my god, the food... it was the best we ate in Hoi An, maybe in Vietnam, everything was fresh, absolutely full of flavour, and cooked there in the family home. So if you want authentic and non-touristy, this is it, and amazing value. It was so good that me and my girlfriend immediately forgot the argument we were having, and we have some very long arguments. We argued once, and went twice. Shame it isn't in London really.

• Visited June 2013
Hanoi, Vietnam
“Hoi an's finest cheap eat...”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 25 April 2013

So impressed with the food here, it was so cheap and tasty at just under 10 Aus dollars for 2 of us for 2 mains and 3 local beers, I think I tipped almost half again. No one else there, we only tried this place because of the lonely planet guide and we half questioned when we went in whether we should move on somewhere busier. I had a chicken mixed rice dish and my wife clay pot pork. Honestly so impressed by the lady who obv did both front of house and cooking. Don't go there expecting incredibly attentative first class service, do go there if you want value for money and fantastic tasting food. It is my first of 3 nights in Hai an and in the words of Arnie....I'll be back(sorry!!!)

• Visited April 2013