“Exceptional”

Banh Mi Phuong
Ranked #148 of 976 Restaurants in Hoi An
Cuisines: Vietnamese
Dining options: After-hours, Breakfast
Description: We have been serving up the most delicious banh mi in Hoi An for more than 30 years. We use a special sauce made from the juice of the smoked pork to create a standout flavor for own brand . See you at my shop
Reviewed 7 July 2012

These women know how to make the most tasty, crispy and fresh banh mi EVER! If you want to see what goes into them, just youtube 'banh mi anthony bourdain'. They are acknowledged by the locals as the best. I waited months to get to this stall and I must say it was worth the wait.
Cost without egg is 20,000 dong, thats $1. With egg an extra 2000 dong.
BTW dont throw your rubbish on the ground where you sit (as suggested by another post), it will get blown straight down the street and into the river. Help keep Hoi An clean please.
Banh Mi Phuong is a little hard to find. Get yourself to the corner of Tran Phu and Hoang Dieu then walk down towards the bridge. It's on your right about 50 meters from the corner at the entrance to the first laneway.
The first time we went was about 3pm and they were just about sold out so dont get there too late.

2  Thank Bofman
Write a ReviewReviews (2,580)

Reviewed 5 July 2012

It was just the right mix of everything! Crispy bread, yummy ingredients, and just the right size too. And of course, you can't believe the price! I can't tell you what was in it because I ate it too fast and didn't have time to look inside. Hmm...maybe I'll go get another one and write another review to let you know.

Reviewed 29 May 2012

we saw this place in No Reservations and we decide to try it in our trip to Hoi An and what an amazing Banh Mi....
The baguette was crispy and fresh....the veggies and meat were tasty and the egg on top was awesome....I loved it so much that I we went twice to the place and I had two each time....
The ladies that work there are super nice and friendly
I highly recommend this place if you are in Hoi An

Reviewed 5 May 2012

I just love the baguettes in Vietnam and this place was one of the best that i have tasted. Just on the outskirts of the market it serves up great baguettes. Be sure to ask for everything including chilli and an omelette. Pull up a plastic stool, order a beer and away you go.

Also try the Bahn Mi on Tran Cao Van (opposite the white sail restuarant ). Don't know the name of this woman who makes these but her Baguettes were outstanding.

Reviewed 19 April 2012

You just have to visit this place on one of the eastern entrances to the Hoi An market. Anthony Bourdain was right this place is the best. These yummy sandwiches consist of a lovely warm crusty baguette crammed with pâté, cooked meats, herbs and vegetables. Pull up a plastic chair and tuck into the tastiest sandwich you ll ever have for under £1. Dont forget to throw your napkin on the floor too : )