“Excellent banh mi”

Banh Mi Phuong
Ranked #146 of 978 Restaurants in Hoi An
Cuisines: Vietnamese
Dining options: After-hours, Breakfast
Description: We have been serving up the most delicious banh mi in Hoi An for more than 30 years. We use a special sauce made from the juice of the smoked pork to create a standout flavor for own brand . See you at my shop
Reviewed 2 weeks ago

This is the place that everyone talks about because Anthony Bourdain ate here. It was excellent. The place is steadily busy. There is sit-down service and we got in immediately.

Write a ReviewReviews (2,582)

Reviewed 3 weeks ago via mobile

This place is all the hype. We needed to visit it just like anyone else who came to Hoi An. Why? Because Anthony Bourdain.
Is it worth it? I guess you should try and judge on your own, it's all personal preferences after all.

The staff is super friendly and you can dine in in the back of the crowded restaurant.
I will not come back again AT NIGHT or whenever it is as crowded. You really don't want to queue in the heat (even evenings are hot yes) for half an hour. At least I wouldn't want to repeat that experience.

They have so many options of filling, we went for classic mixed style and barbecue. In case I visit again, I might try their chicken cheese option :D

Reviewed 3 weeks ago via mobile

I had been told that Hoi An had some amazing Bahn Mi. This place did not disappoint! I have tried the bbq, combination and chicken Bahn Mi. My favourite is a chilli BBQ one.
I have to admit that I have eaten at least 6 of these in 4 days.
A must visit for lunch.

Reviewed 3 weeks ago via mobile

Came here to experience what all the fuss was about. Ordered the everything banh mi also with a fried egg.
Was very delicious, though was not expecting the heat from chilli. I asked for no chilli sauce. So apart from that though it was very delicious.
There was quite the queue but no drama as so many ladies are making food the line moves quickly. Pretty keen to go back and have the cheese and chicken one, sounds delicious.

Reviewed 3 weeks ago via mobile

Seriously the best banh mi I had in Vietnam. Get the 5, 8, 10 and 13! Also a tip is don't wait in line ... Walk into the back and order from the table..also an upstairs area. We are here 2 times a day for 3 days it was that good