“Paradise from Sunrise to Sunset”

Sunrise Premium Resort Hoi An
Ranked #61 of 155 Hotels in Hoi An
Sydney, Australia
“Paradise from Sunrise to Sunset”
Reviewed 26 June 2012

Can't return quick enough. Sunrise Hoi An Beach Resort delivered a slice of paradise from sunrise to sunset. The resort has established it's own style for Cua Dai and is five star all the way. Staff are friendly and welcoming, willing to assist with any request. Almost all rooms have views of the ocean and islands, overlooking the pools. Our suite was sensational capturing sweeping views of the beach, ocean and islands. Well worth the extra if you can afford it. Had a look at the beach front villas while they were being finished and they are truly beach front and luxurious. Sunrise has set the standard for Hoi An and Cua Dai. We have stayed at all the other major resorts over the past 5 years and this is our favourite.
Breakfast is first class and the staff are friendly and attentive. Had dinner in the main restaurant with cocktails and a superb steak. Good value for money for this level of food and service. The head chef was regularly inspecting food and service and speaking with guests. The General Manager Sven introduced himself and welcomed us to Sunrise. He was clearly committed to a high standard of service. This was reflected in all areas of the Resort.
Both pool areas were relaxing with plenty of umbrellas and sunlounges. Families with small children seemed to appreciate the shallow swimm areas and life guards were always on hand with fresh towles and a smile. They even supply goggles for the lap pool if you don't have your own.
Our suite was superb. Views to die for from our third floor bedroom with a large seperate lounge area. The sunrise and sunset could have been right out of a brochure.
Shuttle bus service to Hoi An Ancient Town was great and front desk staff could not have been more helpful. We stayed a week and could have stayed a month. The resort was still being finished in several areas but this did not distract from a great experience.
There are several good restaurants on Cua Dai road, just a couple of minutes by taxi. I will put them on a Hoi An post. Suggest everyone try Twist (next to A Mart on Cua Dai Road just before the bridge) due to re open with a new menu this weekend. We were lucky enough to be invited by Big Wave Dave to test the new menu ..... great food, cold beer and friendly staff (toilets new and very clean). Speak with Van if you want to know anything about Hoi An. Her english is excellent and she very professional.
Can't wait to get back to Sunrise.

Room Tip: Third floor suites have great views with lots of light.
  • Stayed June 2012, travelled as a couple
10 Thank ReggieT102
, General Manager at Sunrise Premium Resort Hoi An, responded to this review, 13 July 2012
Dear ReggieT

Greetings from Sunrise Hoi An Resort!

It was a pleasure meeting you personally and also to read your review. My team and I are encouraged to provide the best possible service for our guests. Yet a new property I do hope that within the next months we will be able to fine tune any services available and I would like to invite you to return next year once again for another holiday at Sunrise Hoi An Resort.

My warmest regards to your wife and you,
Sven Saebel

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (776)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Greek first
  • Hebrew first
  • Korean first
  • Polish first
  • Vietnamese first
Melbourne, Australia
Reviewed 25 June 2012

This is a new hotel offering everything a 5 star hotel should offer. It has it's own private beach and the rooms have a lovely balcony that can be enclosed in bad weather. All rooms are private with beach or pool views. The hotel is about a 20 minute bike ride from the old town of Hoi An and there is a free shuttle every couple of hours. Taxis cost about $5.00 and scooters for the day, $1.00. Being away from the town is a welcome relief as you really feel like you have had a holiday when at this hotel! Food and drinks at hotel are beautiful and relatively cheap! Staff are very friendly and welcoming.

Room Tip: The ground floor rooms are not very private!
  • Stayed June 2012, travelled as a couple
2 Thank Michelle R
Dear Michelle R,

Greetings from Sunrise Hoi An Resort!

Thank you for your review and and positive comments. I do hope to welcome you back in the near future. Please do feel free to contact me for any future inquiries.

London, United Kingdom
Reviewed 22 June 2012

A lovely hotel! We stayed there about a week after opening and it was one of the highlights of our trip to Vietnam. The shower in the room is amazing! Staff very pleasant and helpful.
The only two negative things - I guess by accident our card was pre-authorized twice which caused a lot of inconvenience after it declined and it took seven days to release over £300.00. Since it was the end of the trip - we ended up not buying any presents for the family which was very disappointing. Since the hotel was very quiet, the waitress was a bit too chatty - she wouldn't leave our table while we were eating and kept on talking how she can only survive on tips - this kind of ruined our intended romantic meal. I felt bad to tell her to leave us alone..
The breakfast buffet was the most amazing one I have ever seen and I have stayed in quiet a few five star hotels!
I would deffinately recommend this hotel for anyine staying in Hoi An.

• Stayed March 2012, travelled as a couple
Dear London 9699123,

Greetings from Sunrise Hoi An Resort!

Thank you for spending your holidays at Sunrise Hoi An Resort! I would like to apologize for the inconvience it has cause to you in regards to the pre-authorization. Unfortunately the bank procedures within Vietnam require a 7 day turn-around. Nevertheless I have reviewed the policy on the this topic with the relevant Department Head and take measures that this will not be repeated with future guests.

As for our waitress, we will reiterate in a training on a more professional approach.

I do hope to welcome you back and thank you for your recommendation.

Adelaide, Australia
Reviewed 21 June 2012

My husband and I have just stayed 6 nights at the Sunrise Beach Resort, we loved it! All the staff were friendly and attentive to our needs throughout our stay! Our room was cleaned daily and bed turned down every evening. The daily breakfast was very good and all other meals we ordered were with no complaints. We will definately be back to stay again, thankyou to all the staff for making our stay in your hotel special!
Kate and Linden, Adelaide Austalia

Stayed June 2012, travelled as a couple
Dear Kate and Linden

Greetings from Sunrise Hoi An Resort!

Thank you for your visit and review on our resort. It was a pleasure having you stay with us and I would like to send my appreciation for your positive recommendation.

My team and I hope to welcome you back in the near future.

Ho Chi Minh City, Vietnam
Reviewed 15 June 2012

My husband, my one year old daughter and I, just spent 6 nights at the Sunrise in a deluxe garden view room. We decided on this hotel because there was a great deal on the price and the reviews put the hotel in a very good position.

Traveling with a toddler, we did appreciate the size and layout of the room which enabled her to walk and run around in plenty of space.
Our room was just by the tennis court and we could see and hear a bit of the ocean. It was extremely quiet and perfect to get the rest we needed after a morning at the pool or an afternoon in town...
The pools are really nice, especially with the weather being so hot during our stay.

The staff was friendly, but we didn't feel they were very efficient. During our two first days in the hotel, our room has only been cleaned up once and we had to ask for housekeeping to be sure it would be done on day 3. We did stay quite some time in the room, but would also have lunch and dinner in town, so there was plenty of time for our room to be cleaned up. There is no "Make up room sign" available to put on the door, I would advise to put one. It might make it easier, for the housekeeping to get organized. It is a bit disappointing from a five stars hotel, not being able to manage housekeeping.
Also, I think our baby's bed sheets were changed only once. When we asked for it.
We also came back to our room and the door was opened once... A previous reviewer mentioned this problem before.

The trees need to grow to offer a bit more shade, especially by the main pool, and a more tropical feel to the place. The hotel is pretty new and lacks in character. I am not a big fan of the architecture, on the first night when we came back to the hotel, it looked like a prison...
I am sure, though, that the hotel is going to be great in a year or two. It just needs improvement.

1 Thank Jean-Wei
Dear Jean-Wei

Greetings from Sunrise Hoi An!

Thank you so much for your visit and stay and also for your comments which i highly appreciate. The Make-up Room Signages will be set-up soonest and i agree that this is not up to 5-star standard not to have the room cleaned. In the meantime we have added additional staff members in our Housekeeping Team to ensure more effective cleaning for all guest rooms and I would like to apologize if this was not the case during your stay.

In terms of efficiency I will be working with our Department Leaders to improve this matter and I would expect to see improvements.

Please be so kind to contact me upon your next booking under gm@sunrisehoian.vn as I would like to personally look int your reservation to ensure all matters are well handled.

With warm regards and thank you for your stay!
Hanoi, Vietnam
Reviewed 13 June 2012

I love my staying here. I was here for one week. The food is absolutely delicious. I love breakfast here. The staffs are friendly and helpful. I also love the swimming pool. Great place! Just ten minutes to Hoi An. They have shuttle bus hourly. I talked to the director and the chef, they are amazing

Xin Cao Anh L,

Greetings from Sunrise Hoi An Resort!

I would like to thank you for your time writing your review. I do hope to welcome you back soon with family and friends.

Singapore, Singapore
Reviewed 13 June 2012

We stayed at Sunrise beach resort 4th June and must say was very impressed. I traveled with my wife and son, it was the first time we had turned up to a hotel and the cot had been there. The next day was my birthday, they sent up a birthday cake!
I had read lots of reviews about the construction, I think now must be one of the best times to go, with the prices still low and the construction relatively minor. The main work we saw was a tractor moving some palm trees for a couple of hours.
Staff were very friendly and helpful, they took extra care to look after our 11 month year old with food. We also used the baby sitting service at night and had no problems.
Would recommend a room as close to the beach as possible, as this has the best views, we stayed in a Ocean room Deluxe, it was the room next door to the suites and gave us a beautiful view of the ocean and the sun set.

Room Tip: Ocean room near the suites on the sunset side are great.
Dear bvella,

Greetings from Sunrise Hoi An Resort!

Thank you for your visit and your time writing your review. Lovely pictures! I appreciate your comments and I am happy that our team looked well after your little one. Sunrise Hoi An is focused to provide parents their well deserved break and we hope to welcome you back soon.