“Good food - Great service”
Review of The Vetiver Restaurant - CLOSED

The Vetiver Restaurant
Price range: US$2 - US$8
Cuisines: Vietnamese
Dining options: After-hours, Reservations
Description: The Vetiver Restaurant is located at 580 Cua Dai, the arterial road that connects the quiet ancient town with the business district of Cua Dai. The Vetiver is an attractive stop for visitors who travel to Hoi An.
Reviewed 24 November 2013

Restaurant seems to have two names - at least two names on the building; Heaven Garden and Vetiver.

Vetiver has good reviews. Heaven Garden, not so much.

We had a great experience. The waitress, Thjep, was delightful. She was helpful. Her English was limited, but she worked hard to get it all right.

I had the cao lau and it was some of the best I have had. My wife enjoyed the grilled eggplant.

The service was so good that we stopped in for drinks on another afternoon. Thjep remembered us and make us feel especially welcome.

It is not in the Old Town area, but on the main drag through town. It is well worth the visit!

There are newer reviews for The Vetiver Restaurant

Reviewed 20 November 2013

I have never had a bad dish here and that's saying a lot! The burger, mussels, just everything is tasty and generous. Good choices of beers and drinks, big screens for watching soccer in season. Cute fireplace warms the spacious back room. The benches aren't my favorite type of seating but all in all this is a great spot to hang out in.

Reviewed 14 October 2013

With so many restaurants in Hoi An, we took a gamble and tried out this restaurant and loved it, and of the 5 days we were in Hoi An we probably ate there three times.
We were usually the only guests eating there, which is a shame, though supply far outweighs demand in many places throughout Vietnam.

I found the food to be *clean*, really well presented, and very tasty. One dish we ordered each time was Hoanh Thanh/fried wonton dumplings....ohhh yum

The main waiter was a really happy little guy, always smiling, and took such care to set out the cutlery and place the napkins over our laps. It's that kind of attitude that makes me remember this place several months after having visited.

Reviewed 20 August 2013 via mobile

Service was excellent, food was amazing. The manager was so helpful when it came to explaining the menu. His suggestion was perfect. It's a shame we only came across this in our last day of being in Hoi An.

Reviewed 3 April 2013

Unfortunately my husband and I didn't come across this place until our last night in Hoi An otherwise we would have been frequent customers. The restaurant was empty but we liked that it only has vietnamese choices on the menu and the prices were very reasonable so gave it a go - so glad we did, unlike MelWG our fresh spring rolls were the freshest and tastiest we've had in a month of being in Vietnam. Our meals were excellent, I had the Hades rice, we cant remember the spelling of the pork noodle dish but hubby says it was excellent (shocking memories) we also received a complimentary dessert (creme caramel) very light and fresh. would definately not hesitate in recommending this restaurant and in fact we joined trip advisor specifically to do just that. Staff were brilliant, friendly, attentive and helpful, tablecloths a little dingy but overall well worth a visit.