“NEVER EVER STAY HERE”
Review of Thien Trung Hotel

We can't find prices for this hotel
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this hotel, but we can search other options in Hoi An
Thien Trung Hotel
Ranked #140 of 144 Hotels in Hoi An
sheffield
“NEVER EVER STAY HERE”
Reviewed 21 March 2013

Absolutely shocking from start to finish, dirty hot room and charged more than our mates for the same room. The staff are incredibly rude and unhelpful. I had my camera stolen from my room by the cleaning staff and they refused to help me, even trying to charge me to ring the police from their phone. They say that it's not there responsibility if you leave things in your room but its locked and we had the key so could only have been their staff. I asked to put my camera in the safe the previous day & the very rude manager just left it on the side behind reception not locked up so hence why I left it in my room. We got the police involved and are retrieving our items but another couple staying there had there iMac stolen the same day at the same time. They get the bus companies to drop people in there car park which is the only reason people go there. Never ever stay here

• Stayed March 2013
3 Thank k8freakyfeet

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (16)
Helsinki, Finland
Reviewed 3 March 2013

I was brought in to this hotel when wandering on the streets and looking for a place to stay. For the price and location room was ok compared to the other hotels I'd been seen on my way in Hoi An. Not the cleanest place, but really ok for the price. Noisy, when people were coming home in the night. Breakfast was ok for the price as well, but the lady making the omelettes was even more rude than the man in the reception. Lady at the reception was very friendly and nice in the beginning, but her attitude changed when she realized I wasn't going to use the tailor they would get commissions from.

I was traveling solo, and booked a taxi from the reception to Danang airport at 4 am, since my flight was at 6 am. I wasn't picked up by a taxi but instead the oldest car I've ever seen, with doors almost falling off when opened. Since I was alone, I didn't feel safe there even though he did take me straight to the airport anyway. Next time I would definitely just book a taxi myself!

• Stayed February 2013, travelled solo
1 Thank elina84

Travellers are raving about these Hoi An hotels

C
Reviewed 17 February 2013

When the hostels we wanted in HoiAn were booked, we walked around looking for an available room. A man with fliers told us we could get a private room with 2 beds and a private bathroom here for $15USD/night. The man working the counter was super friendly and so helpful! He checked us in and got us into a room in minutes and gave us a map and showed us where to go to enjoy HoiAn on a budget (we were backpacking) - his recommendations were great. He helped us with bus tickets and even dealt with a local travel agent who we were working with for us. The room was very basic and not the cleanest place in the world, but having spent so many nights in hostel dorm rooms, this was pure luxury to us! There wasn't any hot water, but again, not something we were expecting having been in so many hostels. THe location was EXCELLENT - only a few minutes walk from everything in Old Town and the river, and still nice and quiet at night. Bring your own towels and steer clear of the murky pool. I would recommend this to anyone traveling on a backpackers budget.

• Stayed February 2013, travelled with friends
Reviewed 14 February 2013

The location and rooms are ok but save your self the headache and hassle from the staff. They are rude and they solve most problems by saying if you don't like it, leave my hotel. They also own the restaurant across the street were the bad service continues.

• Stayed February 2013
2 Thank Dodi87
Gosport, United Kingdom
Reviewed 11 February 2013 via mobile

Had to move here as our amazing previous hostel could not accommodate us extending our stay again! Only came here for convenience as close to the other hostel.

Room rate was ok & we were lucky no other scams or problems but my god the room stank. Really damp & moldy, super hard (even for Asian standards) & a pillow thinner than a pancake. Thank god we were only there one night!

• Stayed January 2013
Reviewed 25 January 2013

We got a OK welcome, but that's it..... The service is bad... We paid full price for to nigths at a room, where we couldn't take a hot shower, and when we ask them to fix it, they did not do anything just told os ' a man will fix it later ' / we never saw that man... In the morning the staff is making a lot of noise so we couldn't sleep (before 7 am)... We paid for getting breakfast, which was all rigth, but the staff was looking us over shoulder all the time, so it was not so cozy to sit and eat at the hotel with eyes in the neck. But if you just need a place to put your things its fine .... But when we have asked the staff about something they just gave us a angry look and sad look....

• Stayed January 2013, travelled with friends
Pully, Vaud, Switzerland
Reviewed 8 January 2013

Staff unfriendly, they always try to overcharge! Be very carefull with bills. Don't book anything with them. We had to pay extra fees for our tour. Our room was very very humide and noisy. Our guide recommended us this hôtel, but mistake.

• Stayed January 2013
Hoi An Viet House Homestay
Vinh Hung 2 City Hotel
Vinh Hung 2 City Hotel
#76 of 144 in Hoi An

Been to Thien Trung Hotel? Share your experiences!