Thien Trung Hotel
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation but we can search other options in Hoi An
See available hotels
Sala Hotel(Hoi An)
  • Restaurant
  • Pool
  • Breakfast included
See what travellers are saying:
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 22 March 2013

These people are criminals. My whole suitcase was stolen from my room during the night as i slept, i had locked my door before going to bed. When i woke i was mad. i went to reception and they laughed about it, a really evil belly laugh. Police didnt help, lack of evidence. Our guests had similar experiences, one girl had her guide dog robbed, who does that?..Shes blind and that dog was her best friend. please dont stay in this kip.

• Stayed: March 2013
6  Thank JCopey
Reviewed 22 March 2013

This happened from the moment I stepped in and left. Thirty minutes later.

When I stepped in a guy directly said to me ''don't stay here'' (they were checking out). I asked why and he answered that you can't leave your valuables in your room. You can't trust the maids and the hotel isn't responsible for the theft. A couple of days ago there was a laptop stolen in one of the rooms. The reception has a locker, but then again. I was talking with the receptionist, but she was actually behaving very rude.
I walked into the room. It wasn't clean, but also not dirty. I also noticed that there was a lot of noise from other rooms, people and the television. I decided to take it because it was cheap. When the receptionist left I tried to turn on the A/C, but it wasn't working. I have to admit. The A/C looked as old as my grandfather.
After a shower I wanted to check in and ask them for insect spray because the shower was loaded with mosquitos. Not 1, but more something like 40 to 50. Nobody want that much bloodsucking parasites in his shower/room. When I arrived at the reception there was a huge discussion. The receptionist refused to give the passport back to a woman. I saw it from the start and the receptionist was just acting as a true extortionist. Saying a price and later adding extra money by making something up. Never have I seen a employee behaving so rude and unfriendly to a guest. I started to doubt more and more.
I was still waiting to check in. Enfin, I decided to walk outside to ask two other guys if it was wise to stay here and they told me that I really needed to find something else/better. During their staying there were 2 people robbed of their valuables. I packed my bag and as a proper sneaky rat I sneaked out of the hotel.

P.s.: the pool looks and smells like poop*.

*: Tripadvisor doesn't accept the slang for this word. :)

• Stayed: March 2013, travelled solo
2  Thank Amigoe1
Reviewed 21 March 2013

The hotel itself is not too bad, the pool is fairly clean, our room had a good shower and the breakfast is pretty good value....BUT while we were here (4 days) we heard of 4 separate incidents where things were stolen from people's room. After reading a few more comments on trip advisor it's clear it's far rom the first time! The guests involved were upset but polite and after asking 'management' for help they were completely dismissed and called liars. The police were called, who looked like they'd seen it all before, but the poor tourists couldn't prove anything. There isn't a great feeling to the hotel, if you need a place to crash for a night or two it isn't bad value (although rooms are humid and sticky!) but I'd be really careful with anything you leave in the room!!!

Room Tip: Locks, keys and chains :)
  • Stayed: March 2013, travelled as a couple
2  Thank danf50
Reviewed 21 March 2013

We stayed here for 3 nights and it was THE WORST STAY EVER. We were put in a dingy room at the back of hotel next to the kitchen, which was covered in cockroaches. Our room was dirty, we had ants everywhere and the room was damp and humid. The staff were rude and unfriendly, they know NOTHING of customer service. We were overcharged as we later found out our friends were paying less than us for a much nicer room. But none of this compares to the fact my friend's camera stolen from Our locked room. When we realised that it had been stolen we informed the manager who did nothing!!!he shouted at us for waking him up , (this was about 11pm) we asked to use the phone to call the police as we did not have a phone, he wanted to charge us an extortionate amount so we ended up having to walk through hoi an trying to find the police station at 12 o'clock at night. To cut a long story short, two of the women who work at the hotel were taken to the police station and it after hours of questioning, it has now transpired that one of the cleaners stole the camera and we are now in the process of having it returned. Whilst at the police station, an American couple turned up as their MacBook had been stolen from the same hotel on the same day. DO NOT STAY HERE!!! I cannot stress this enough!! Hoi Am is a beautiful city and places like this ruin its reputation.

Stayed: March 2013, travelled with friends
4  Thank emmacgodfrey
Reviewed 21 March 2013

Absolutely shocking from start to finish, dirty hot room and charged more than our mates for the same room. The staff are incredibly rude and unhelpful. I had my camera stolen from my room by the cleaning staff and they refused to help me, even trying to charge me to ring the police from their phone. They say that it's not there responsibility if you leave things in your room but its locked and we had the key so could only have been their staff. I asked to put my camera in the safe the previous day & the very rude manager just left it on the side behind reception not locked up so hence why I left it in my room. We got the police involved and are retrieving our items but another couple staying there had there iMac stolen the same day at the same time. They get the bus companies to drop people in there car park which is the only reason people go there. Never ever stay here

• Stayed: March 2013