“Good value”
Review of Thien Trung Hotel

We can't find prices for this hotel
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this hotel, but we can search other options in Hoi An
Thien Trung Hotel
Ranked #145 of 152 Hotels in Hoi An
Vancouver, Canada
“Good value”
Reviewed 2 May 2013

Good value. Pool is a big plus as the ocean is a bit out of town. Good location to walk through the town. Some great and very cheap restaurants nearby. A/C and television. 2 dollar buffet breakfast in the morning was average but always a good deal.

• Stayed February 2013, travelled with friends

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (16)
Reviewed 30 April 2013 via mobile

Although for the price this is ok of a place with decent sized bedrooms and deluxe services however after having no hot water or bathroom light we were still forced to pay full price from a very ignorant hotel owner. The pool is also pretty dirty. Get treated right- go elsewhere, these trip advisor comments don't lie in abundance

• Stayed April 2013

Travellers are raving about these Hoi An hotels

Reviewed 27 April 2013 via mobile

Never have I received such awful service from such ignorant people. The staff her are just plain rude and dismmisive. We stayed here after getting off the bus before reading any reviews on the place. We were lucky going by the previous reviews on here. We checked out the day after to avoid this thieving happenning to our belongings.

• Stayed April 2013
Seattle, Washington
Reviewed 26 March 2013

I'm quite the savvy traveler and believe in reviewing all places, both good and bad, so I feel it's necessary to post this and make others aware. I almost always check the reviews for places before booking, however, this time was an exception as I wanted a hotel with a pool. Our guide found this place for us so we booked site unseen. HUGE mistake! We arrived and the staff was rude. The pool I had wanted was murky and disgusting. We checked out the room and it was hot, muggy, and down right filthy. Yellow stained sheets and felt like a dungeon! We switched rooms hoping for a better one, but it was still extremely dark and damp. We had lunch and I decided to check out the reviews of this place. After seeing that it was #69 of 70, largely due to theft, we immediately went back and checked out. If we had to pay the $15 then fine, we just wanted out. The man was extremely rude, had zero customer services, and charged us just $7 as we had left our backpacks in there for 2 hours. So happy we checked out and into a highly recommended hotel around the corner. Please, please beware and read the reviews of this place, and spend an extra $5 on a nice place!

• Stayed March 2013, travelled as a couple
4 Thank Cheryl L
Manchester, United Kingdom
Reviewed 25 March 2013

This hotel is as close as you'll get to the old town without paying huge amounts - and breakfasts are well priced too. Pool is a nice treat. However, I can't express how rude many of the staff were. One of several examples: We witnessed another guest at reception complain that her camera was stolen from her room through the window while she slept - the manager replied, "What do you want me to do about it? You shouldn't have had it in there." When she started to argue, she was told "You don't like it, check out."

I WOULD recommend this place, but only for location and price - don't expect good service, and keep your belongings close.

Room Tip: Try for an upstairs room not facing the road to get a quieter night.
  • Stayed March 2013, travelled as a couple
1 Thank alreba
Reviewed 22 March 2013

These people are criminals. My whole suitcase was stolen from my room during the night as i slept, i had locked my door before going to bed. When i woke i was mad. i went to reception and they laughed about it, a really evil belly laugh. Police didnt help, lack of evidence. Our guests had similar experiences, one girl had her guide dog robbed, who does that?..Shes blind and that dog was her best friend. please dont stay in this kip.

• Stayed March 2013
6 Thank JCopey
Almelo, The Netherlands
Reviewed 22 March 2013

This happened from the moment I stepped in and left. Thirty minutes later.

When I stepped in a guy directly said to me ''don't stay here'' (they were checking out). I asked why and he answered that you can't leave your valuables in your room. You can't trust the maids and the hotel isn't responsible for the theft. A couple of days ago there was a laptop stolen in one of the rooms. The reception has a locker, but then again. I was talking with the receptionist, but she was actually behaving very rude.
I walked into the room. It wasn't clean, but also not dirty. I also noticed that there was a lot of noise from other rooms, people and the television. I decided to take it because it was cheap. When the receptionist left I tried to turn on the A/C, but it wasn't working. I have to admit. The A/C looked as old as my grandfather.
After a shower I wanted to check in and ask them for insect spray because the shower was loaded with mosquitos. Not 1, but more something like 40 to 50. Nobody want that much bloodsucking parasites in his shower/room. When I arrived at the reception there was a huge discussion. The receptionist refused to give the passport back to a woman. I saw it from the start and the receptionist was just acting as a true extortionist. Saying a price and later adding extra money by making something up. Never have I seen a employee behaving so rude and unfriendly to a guest. I started to doubt more and more.
I was still waiting to check in. Enfin, I decided to walk outside to ask two other guys if it was wise to stay here and they told me that I really needed to find something else/better. During their staying there were 2 people robbed of their valuables. I packed my bag and as a proper sneaky rat I sneaked out of the hotel.

P.s.: the pool looks and smells like poop*.

*: Tripadvisor doesn't accept the slang for this word. :)

• Stayed March 2013, travelled solo