We stayed here for 3 days with our 18-month old daughter.
On the plus side, the spa, gym, massage centre and pool were all fabulous (although I agree with other comments that the pool could do with being colder so as you can escape from the relentless heat). We also greatly enjoyed the ability to drop our daughter off for a couple of hours each day at the Kids Centre (which was pretty much empty the whole time we were there), plus the babysitting service at $4 per hour (we capitalised on our 3 days of freedom!). The location is gorgeous and we had absolutely no concerns re the street noise as others have referred to.
On the downside, the service was a bit hit and miss, which is not acceptable at these prices. On one of the 3 days, our room wasn't cleaned at all, and they finally turned up at 6pm to clean the room - not much help when you are bathing your daughter to get her ready for bed. The breakfast service was also a little hit and miss - on a couple of occasions I had to go and help myself to my own coffee . We also had to breakfast at 6am due to an early flight, which is when the hotel claims breakfast is open from, yet the staff were clearly not happy with us turning up at this time, and a number of food items were not available at this hour. Finally, our deluxe room, which was gorgeous and had a fabulous view, had an awful sewage smell emanating from the bathroom which tended to knock the luxurious feel somewhat.
Having come from Hanoi, where we stayed in a 3* hotel but received 5* service (Hanoi Elegence 4 - seriously stay here!), this almost felt like the reverse.
Despite the shortcomings I would recommend this hotel, but I am not convinced it represents great value for money.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Discover Hoi An, splendor of the past Annam, a most charming town listed as a World Heritage site by UNESCO. Explore the vestiges of a glorious Cham past. Victoria Hoi An Beach Resort & Spa replicates a traditional fishing village with small streets, water ponds and village houses with clay-tiled roofs, providing a warm and restful environment. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Booking.com, Hotels.com, Travel Republic (UK), Ctrip TA, Southall Travel, Agoda, Ebookers, Evoline ltd, HotelQuickly, getaroom.com, 5viajes2012 S.L. and Cancelon so you can book your Victoria Hoi An Beach Resort & Spa reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Victoria Hoi An Beach Resort And Spa
- Victoria Hoi An Beach Hotel Hoi An