Vinh Hung Heritage Hotel
US$93
US$87
  • Breakfast included
Anantara Hoi An Resort(Hoi An)
US$209
US$36
US$60
US$38
Agoda.com
All reviewsmichael caineantique furniturewooden bathauthentic hotelmerchant's housestreet noisesister hotelcomplimentary extrasold townhand held showerleg massagefour poster bedvietnamese housemosquito nettingmodern conveniencesroom hotelthe river
Reviewed 28 December 2012

A very unique hotel located right in the centre of the Old Quarters. Nice and clean hotel with only 6 rooms. Friendly and helpful staff. All the major tourist spots are within walking distance. Would definately like to stay again during my next vist to Hoi An.

Room Tip: Both the rooms on the ground floor will be good. First floor front room will be a bit noisy.
  • Stayed: December 2012, travelled with friends
1  Thank andrewchoo55
Reviewed 7 December 2012

Want to step back in time? Want to imagine Vietnam hundreds of years ago? Check in to Vinh Hung 1 and treat yourself to a stay unlike most any hotel experience. An Asia beauty, filled with the sights and sounds and beautiful fragrances of Vietnam. Simply beautiful, located in the heart of Hoi An, just a minute to the river and old Bridge. The staff treated me like a friend, arranged a bicycle for me when I decided to tour the countryside and returned it when I got back. Same with arranging transport for me whe I was checking out. What others have said about the showers is true, but trust me you won't care, and I promise it will be a highlight of your hotel experience in Vietnam.

Room Tip: The rooms facing the street (which is quiet at night) have more light. I was in the rear, my window opened to tiled rooftops of Hoi An, and while darker, was enchanting.
  • Stayed: November 2012, travelled solo
Reviewed 16 November 2012

A beautiful hotel where the service is outstanding. It is centrally located, close to all major sites and restaurants. The hotel is beautifully presented. The staff are very friendly and helpful.I will stay here again.

• Stayed: November 2012, travelled solo
Reviewed 12 October 2012

Staying in the Vinh Hung 1 Hotel was a unique experience. There are just six rooms in what was originally a Chinese trader's home and the atmosphere remains authentic and utterly beautiful. The furnishings are lavish, the rooms comfortable and large and the caring staff round out what for me was unlike any stay I've had except 1, also in a Chinese house, in Penang.

I must point out that it may not be for everyone. If you require quiet and absolute privacy the traditional single wall partitions of the rooms do not provide it. And the marble bathrooms have bathtubs but only an inadequate hand held shower so if your morning requirements include a good shower it won't be here.

But these small sacrifices are well worth a stay in such a unique place. It was, for me, the absolute best part of my 5 days in Hoi An.

Room Tip: Some rooms have no outside window. Ask for one that does if light is important to you.
  • Stayed: October 2012, travelled solo
1  Thank jyphoto
Reviewed 19 September 2012

This little hotel excels when it comes to atmosphere, it's like stepping back in time. Wonderful red lantern lit corridors and a building that literaly oozes history and charm.
I really enjoyed my stay here - I stayed in one of the back rooms, and yes - as other reviewers say - they are dark, but certainly not gloomy - in fact I found it added to the charm. This little hotel is an old merchant's shophouse and so has wooden shutters rather than windows.
I'm truly glad I stayed here, the staff were all so friendly and helpful, and I didn't experience any of the pushiness that others report, quite the opposite - I was constantly offered green tea :), greeted always in the warmest way and made to feel like I was truly welcome.
I was recommended some local places to shop and eat, but I was in every hotel I stayed in in Vietnam, so it wasn't unusual and it was done in a helpful manner in my opinion.
This little hotel is right in the heart of the old town, so an unmatched location but very peaceful as Hoi An is a sleepy, laid back little town. A really wonderful way to experience the charm of Hoi An, truly one of my highlights whilst traveling there.
Hoi An has lots of lovely places to stay but, if you can, stay here for one night as it is a magical experience staying in this fine old building in the old town.

• Stayed: August 2012, travelled solo