Sunshine Hotel Hoi An
US$31
US$465
Hotel Website
  • Breakfast included
All reviewstin tinfree bikesold townnice hotelswimming poolbuffet breakfastnice poola free shuttle busstayed here for nightsbike rentalstriple roomsun loungerstown centrerooms are spacious and cleanminute cycleloved this hotelfresh fruit
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 18 October 2013

We stayed here for 4 nights in total and its definitely worth the $15 a night that we paid. The pool area is very nice & the food is good, if a tiny bit overpriced. The included buffet breakfast was very varied and tasty. The bathroom in our room did have quite a bad smell (drainage problems?) and the bath hadn't been cleaned very well on the day we arrived but I think that was just a case of human error rather than laziness on the cleaners part as we didn't have any other issues with cleanliness. The hotel have bicycles that you can borrow free of charge which is very handy as it's a little bit far to walk into the old town at night.

• Stayed: September 2013, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 14 October 2013

My fiancé and I stayed 6 nights at Sunshine. This is a very nice, clean hotel. The rooms are spacious, have decent size minibars/fridges, TV and the best wifi we've experienced in Vietnam. The pool is also amazing, clean, comfortable and very relaxing. The staff at the front desk was extremely nice, spoke good English but take their recommendation with a grain of salt as they seemed to only recommend the big name spots they had received some kind of incentive.

One thing that is receptive is that the hotel is not right no Hoi An old town. They even give you a map that makes the hotel look much closer than it is, but the scale is completely off. They make up for this in having free bikes available, and for just a 5-10 min bike ride, it's really not that big of a deal, and with the pool and the price,

Breakfast is hit or miss. It's free, so it's hard to complain. But it's hit or miss.

I would avoid the the spa. I asked for a neck and shoulder massage and they started on my feet. It was probably the worst massage I've ever received and much more expensive than the amazing massages I've had elsewhere in SEA. My girlfriend asked for a pedicure and they were just going to paint her nails. All she really wanted was her clauses scraped with a pumps stone and all the basics of a standard pedicure. They told her, "no that's not a pedicure, we just paint your nails." Well there's also a simple polish change on the menu, and separately a pedicure. When we showed them this they said they didn't have the right tools. So basically they were going to charge us for a service they were not going to perform. So just avoid the Spa and it seems like an after thought and they don't seem to be properly trained.

Overall , unless you really need to be right in the middle of old town, don't hesitate, just stay at Sunshine.

• Stayed: October 2013, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 10 October 2013

I cannot say enough great things about this hotel! The staff were friendly and helpful. The hotel, rooms, restaurant and pool were very clean. It's only a VN40-43000 trip to the centre of town which makes it a great location. BE AWARE of dodgy taxi drivers ripping you off. We were ripped off twice. The first time the cab driver protested he did not have a light in the car (it was night time) and the second time we were taken the long way around to get to the centre of town which cost us double then what we had paid the previous 4 days. We protested while still paying but then he had the cheek to try and not give me my change so he could get a tip. You can complain to the taxi company but I was so miffed that I forgot to take the number of the taxi.
Don't let this deter you from staying at such a great hotel though - the hotel does run a very reliable free shuttle service 3 times a day.
As for the inclusion of breakfast - I don't know why other reviewers on here have whinged about the breakfast. We found it fresh and plentiful. Yes much the same is served each day but they do provide a substantial variety.
We will definitely be staying here again on our return visit.

Stayed: October 2013, travelled with family
1  Thank SoniaLouise74
Reviewed 8 October 2013

Been there last year and highly recommend.
A litter bit far from old town for walking but too close for taxi.
Room: clean & clear (we stayed there when it has just opened few month)
Service and breakfast is ok for 3 star hotel.

• Stayed: November 2012, travelled with friends
Reviewed 6 October 2013 via mobile

Great place in Hoi An and price is awesome . Buffet breakfast fresh and well taken care of . Rooms are spacious with a nice balcony towards the pool . Free bikes and good wifi. About 12 minutes walking to the old town in a quiet area with the rooster waking you up ! Highly recommending it .

• Stayed: September 2013