“Great value for money”

Ranked #85 of 147 Hotels in Hoi An
Market Drayton, United Kingdom
“Great value for money”
Reviewed 27 June 2014 via mobile

Stayed for a week as our "chill out" part of holiday.
Can't believe the quality and service for the money.
Nice walk into town or shuttle, shuttle to beach and taxi back...taxi prices so cheap not worth the hassle of biking etc.
Can't complain about staff or breakfast...all good
Good spot and can well recommend this virtually new hotel

Stayed June 2014, travelled with family

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (99)
  • Polish first
  • Vietnamese first
Reviewed 23 June 2014

I was very hesitant to write this review however, if I were thinking of booking here I'd like to know this story. On our stay we encountered four staff at reception who worked in shifts - the younger staff members were lovely - the two older ones were the rudest people I have ever met. They were very helpful when we checked in, but once they realized we were not buying anything they became cold. One night my husband and I went out drinking and, I came off the back of a bike and hurt myself quite badly. We had a lot to drink and details from here are foggy, but here is what I do know. A staff member helped me to my room and when I woke up my iphone5 was gone. I sesrched the room and it was gone. The staff told me that I had it when I went to my room and it must be there. Seriously. They 'called' it for me - but no answer. I asked them to let me know if someone handed it in to which they repeated the same story that I had it at my room. Later, I asked them to call it again - to be clear -they were not helpful at all and behaved as though I was wasting their time. When I had them call again, I took the phone and it was clear they were not calling the right number at all. I absolutely believe they were stalling. It was a nightmare. Do not stay here!!!!

• Stayed May 2014, travelled as a couple
3 Thank Lynda L
Colchester, United Kingdom
Reviewed 23 June 2014

We stayed for seven nights and were sad to leave this hotel. Situated a fair walk from the centre of Hoi An, but there is a shuttle bus (free), and also free bike hire, so this was never a problem for us. One very noisy night was experienced, but on the whole there was not a problem. The staff were very helpful and friendly and nothing was too much trouble. Our room was very comfortable and always cleaned thoroughly. Really nice to have a balcony and will cost only a little more. Breakfast is served from six until ten, which is great for early starts as well as lazier days. Well worth trying!

Room Tip: Go for the best you can afford and I think higher floors may be quieter.
  • Stayed June 2014, travelled as a couple
Melbourne, Australia
Reviewed 15 June 2014

Was a little nervous about decision to stay here as we are usually high end travellers but if you don't try you will never know. I found the staff to be very friendly and helpfull. The pool was great but one MUST realise this is a $30 a night hotel not the $250 Anantara. I was terribly ill the first night we arrived and in no time at all they had a very thorough doctor who spoke perfect English arrive at our room. For this I give them 5 stars. Thanks so much for your help.

Room Tip: It's very noisy ! So if that bothers you perhaps 4th floor
  • Stayed June 2014, travelled as a couple
1 Thank chilifan m
Hong Kong, China
Reviewed 15 June 2014 via mobile

We stayed at this hotel for 4 nights in a three person room and had a great time. The room was large and clean, the bathroom had a large bath and it was all very comfortable. The staff where extremely friendly and helpful, the pool was great to lounge by and the temporary afternoon cocktail bar was a welcome surprise. It was a good location with the free good quality bike hire meaning both the town and the beach are easily within reach. The staff where also great at helping us to arrange travel by air after the trains where full at the last minute. All of this was surprisingly cheap as well. Highly recommend.

Stayed June 2014, travelled with friends
Helsinki, Finland
Reviewed 13 June 2014 via mobile

The hotel was in my opinion more like 4-star quality than 3-star.

Our room was spacious and clean. The WiFi worked everywhere (room, lobby, breakfast room, swimming pool) and it was pretty fast. Even if I had suspicions about the size of the swimming pool (too small), they turned out to be false, the pool was decent and it really came in handy after a sweaty day.

Considering the price (20€ a night) this was an awesome deal, in Hanoi we had a lot poorer accommodation for the same price, in Hong Kong a similar hotel would cost 6-7 times the price.

The hotel can provide transportation to/from Da Nang railway station or airport at a reasonable price. The minibar prices are on par with local mini marts, so there was no reason to head out hunting for that late night beer.

The service was friendly and prompt. No issues there either.

Stayed June 2014, travelled as a couple
Vancouver, Canada
Reviewed 9 June 2014

The rooms are as advertised: big, there are balconies with great views, and the design is modern. But the place would benefit from some cleaning with a little more elbow grease. We were by no means grossed out by the state of the floor to ceiling stone tiled bathroom, but it would have been nice if it and the room hadn't felt as though they had been sitting empty for a week and accumulating dust.

The pool was excellent: big, very well cleaned and seldom used. We depended on the pool to take a break from the heat in the early afternoon. Take my word for it: when in Asia, get a hotel with a pool where possible. It re-energized us for more touristy stuff at night in a way that sitting under the AC didn't. The hotel isn't right in town, but it's close enough to be both quiet and convenient. The beach is quite close and the hotel has free and well maintained bikes. I highly recommend taking a bike and spending the day on the beach, where you can safely leave your bike in a "parking" for $0.5.

We had our laundry done here since it was our halfway stop. I re-laundered everything when I got home, even things we didn't wear again on the trip. Maybe they dried the clothes on a clothes line, but they were sort of dusty...

Room Tip: ask for a higher floor so that you can look out to the sea and over the neighbouring houses
  • Stayed May 2014, travelled as a couple