“Best in town”

Tony The Tailor
Ranked #38 of 406 Shopping in Hoi An
More attraction details
Recommended length of visit: 1-2 hours
Owner description: Tony the Tailor is a family business employing many well known Hoi An tailors. It is owned by a tailor and designer: Mr. Bui Quy Binh, whose family has a tradition of garments. We spent over 15-year experience in making Men’s suit and Women luxurious Clothes.Tony the Tailor prides itself on the professionalism of his team of highly skilled tailors. The tailoring process used is manually, and executed with high degree of accuracy and perfection. This results in the completion of even the very complex of garments within a short period of time to the satisfaction of the most demanding of customers. Each one of the three teams of tailors, supervised by a main tailor, specialize in a particular type of garment. This ensures that after the first fitting, any necessary alterations are redirected back to the original team, thus ensuring prompt continuity for completion of that garment. Tony the Tailor has ensured that knowledge has been gained of the requirements and tastes of our customers from all corners of the world. The university training of staffs in languages and fashion means that ưe will professionally consult with you about your thoughts and ideas, together achieving a perfect finished product. Our mission is “Prestige, Quality, Reasonable prices”. We are willing to receive your straight feedback so that we can do better to meet customers’ requirements. We can make all kind of clothes: suits, shirt, dresses, skirt, pants…We stock cotton, wool, cashmere, specialize in unique, made-to-order silks from our suppliers across central Viet Nam. Tony the Tailor is located on 294 Nguyen Duy Hieu St, the main road within Hoi An Ancient Town. Tony The Tailor – We are happy to serve you.
Useful Information: Activities for young children, Activities for older children, Bathroom facilities, Wheelchair access
Brisbane, Australia
11 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 12 helpful votes
“Best in town”
Reviewed 30 July 2013

I originally got 2 pair of shorts made but on picking them up and seeing and feeling them quality I then got 2 more and a top as well. Me travelled in Vietnam for 4 weeks and on our return to Hoi An I needed 2 more shorts before heading home. Once again the service as fast and efficient. The quality highland the friendliness of them staff amazing as always. I would not go anywhere else but back to see Lan and staff for more clothes if and when I return again. You will not be disappointed in annoying you get made, just extremely happy you came to Tony the tailor.

Visited July 2013
3 Thank kerrie m

Durham, North Carolina
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 4 helpful votes
“Amazing clothes & great service”
Reviewed 7 July 2013

I went to Tony's after going to a smaller, cheaper shop first. I had originally intended to go to one of the top in places like Yaly for a suit but aftet chatting with Lan and the other ladies at Tony's I was sold. All the material felt great and they have a warehouse of other colors, just bring what you want and they wil find it. I had two suits made and they fit perfectly and look stunning. I also got quite a few more shirts after and when my friends some them, they came to Tony's to get their shirts done here, even though they had been to other places. Lan is extrememly nice and helpful, giving advice on styles and colors to fit my body type. I can't imagine you'll find this level of customer service at the other places and the prices here are much more reasonable. They also will do as many fittings as you want to make it just right. Go to Tony's, you will be very happy you did.

Visited July 2013
3 Thank Dave R
Buderim, Queensland, Australia
6 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 8 helpful votes
“Fantastic tailor”
Reviewed 12 June 2013

We found Tony's a little late in our visit to Hoi An on recommendation from some other guests at our hotel. We paid them a visit with only a few days left, loved what we saw so ordered some clothes (well lots) They made them all up in the 2 days we had with fittings and adjustments done with a smile. The clothes are fantastic, we only wish we had found them at the start of our week. The staff also organised the postage back to Australia for all of our items from various shops around Hoi An. The ladies had great English which made things so much easier and the clothes they made for us were superb. A huge thumbs up!

Visited June 2013
3 Thank Nadine M
Melbourne, Australia
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 2 helpful votes
“Research worth it”
Reviewed 2 June 2013

After researching for hours to find the desired tailor, as you need to in Hoi An, we came across Tony's with few reviews and all gave us a good positive feel. We walked the long st to find them and were rewarded when we did with a huge friendly welcome, a seat in front of the fan and a bottle of chilled water to help cool us after our hot walk.
The shop it self is very simple but exactly what it needs to be. They are not showy but honest, and we were instantly comfortable with them.
We had a really good idea of what we wanted before going in, replicas of our favorite items of clothing, new and perfectly fitted suits, all with a huge range of fabrics to choose from. The beauty of dealing with this place is they also have a wholesale fabric warehouse, which opens up the options of fabrics by hundreds, and if the right lady is there, she'll even scooter you across town to go and have a look.
We spent three days, choosing and negotiating on the first day, fitting and altering on the second, another fitting on the third (they did have to re do my jeans but got them close to perfect in the end) and our collection and packaging up for delivery to Melbourne at the end of the third day. Amazing to have 9 items of clothing, two of those three piece suits, created to fit us perfectly in three days.
We were there in mid April and has taken this long to write the review as we wanted to try everything on again after returning from our trip, to be able to give honest judgement of how each item fits and is put together. It's only been three days of our being home and wearing the clothing but all looks great, is holding together nicely and can now write this and feel like we can recommend Tony's with absolute sincerity.
If your staying in the Old Quarter, it's definitely worth hiring a bicycle and making your way to Tony's. You'll be looked after and really enjoy the experience.

Visited April 2013
2 Thank Cara H
Bo I Telemark, Norway
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 3 helpful votes
“Excellent!”
Reviewed 19 May 2013

My two friends and myself ordered one suit each, as well as a couple ties and shirts. We were all extremely satisfied with the finished products. Top quality and handcraft, and the service was... well, extraordinary. They seemed to have adequate ideas about fashion, as we were advised about all kinds of details, as opposed to some of the other tailors in the town. My friend has a bit monstrous thighs in comparison to his calfs, which at other tailors posed a fitting problem. But that was no problem at Tony's! They were very patient regarding the fitting, which in the end made for a perfect result.

The family served us a traditional Hoi An dinner, which of course complimented our impression.

All in all I would definitely recommend this shop to anyone looking for a high quality tailor.

Visited May 2013