Vinh Hung Emerald Resort
US$174
US$187
US$129
Anantara Hoi An Resort(Hoi An)
US$235
Hotels.com
US$61
US$38
1,383 results
All reviewsstreet foodfree boat tripthe rivermrs saold townevery afternooninfinity poolshort walknight marketvinh hungper kgthe general managergood sizehired bikeslaundry donegreat poolthu bon river
Reviewed 9 February 2014

Every aspect of our stay at Vinh Hung was excellent. If I had to mention the best aspect it would have to be the staff. Front desk staff were always friendly and very helpful. All our questions were answered and needs seen to. The rooms were kept in an immaculate condition and you must stay there to experience a surprise. We stayed nine fantastic nights. The staff looking after the grounds and pool made the surrounds very pleasing. And then there is the breakfast, more like a feast. The grilled tomatoes were delicious. But there was such an array of exceptional food to choose from. Fresh and tasty. Again the service staff made dining a pleasure. It is well situated near town, is not too large to be impersonal and has a great ambiance. The lounges around the river front provided a pleasant way to spend an afternoon.

Room Tip: Our room was on the second floor with a pool view. It faced west so we did not get woken at sunrise. You must do a bicycle tour with Heaven and Earth who are close by.
  • Stayed: February 2014, travelled on business
Reviewed 9 February 2014

We have just spent 3 wonderful nights in this resort with our young adult kids who felt very spoiled. The pool was beautiful and lovely to sip our cocktails overlooking the river. Our rooms were very nice with balcony overlooking the pool. The Buffett breakfast a huge hit with the kids - location was great only 10 mins walk to Hoi An centre.

• Stayed: February 2014, travelled with family
Review collected in partnership with this hotel
Reviewed 8 February 2014

This hotel has everything that a traveller could want. A great pool, right on the river, staff who go out of their way to make your stay as pleasant and easy as possible and not too bad a breakfast thrown in. It is just out of the hustle and bustle of the main town, probably only a four minute walk. Hoi An is gorgeous, safe and you are really not hassled too much. We had a late flight so we arrived back at the resort at 2pm and we could have a swim and lounge around the pool knowing that there was a bathroom available to us to use prior to leaving. What a great service. I will be recommending this hotel to our friends.

Room Tip: We had room 303 which is on the bottom floor facing the river. We were very pleased with it's location and quietness.
  • Stayed: February 2014, travelled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with this hotel
Reviewed 7 February 2014

We had a great stay at the Emerald. We loved the modern design of the overall resort. The pool area was great and the river views seemed really special and calming. Our room was super basic but clean - bathrooms are bare minimum but again, clean (quite new I think). Our bed was maybe 2 fulls pushed together? it was huge. The breakfast buffet was great and they seriously had the best baguettes I have ever had in my life - and I LOVE bread, and I have been to Paris, yes. Better. We would stuff them with scrambled eggs, cheese, bacon for the best breakfast sandwich ever or just plain with jam. Anyway - location was great. A very close walk to the central part of Hoi An, but in a quieter residential area that we found charming and interesting to walk through. Minutes to town. And the river view, along with the complimentary river boat trip, were wonderful. Very nice and helpful staff who were especially kind to my 2 year old son. I took the cooking class there and was the only student! I had a wonderful time and my husband and son helped me eat what I cooked - they set up a special table for the 3 of us, it was very sweet! The woman who assisted the chef, and took me to the market, was wonderful and I am sad to say I can't recall her name. She was GREAT with my son too. I would stay here again in Hoi An. Great for kids b/c you can wander the grounds, it isn't in the heart of town, and the pool has a sectioned off "kiddy pool" area that was wonderful for us although it was the only amenity for kids. The balconies were nice too but it was too hot/humid to enjoy them. AC worked fine. I loved Hoi An and this hotel helped make our stay great.

Room Tip: We had a room that faced the pool; the buildings are nicely lit at night so it was fine. Not sure you need to pay extra for the river view, which you can see from the balcony. It was nice and quiet.
  • Stayed: May 2013, travelled with family
Reviewed 6 February 2014

We booked the Vinh Hung Emerald Resort because of the location and positive reviews – and we were not disappointed. A relatively new building (~1 year?) with rooms that are clean, quiet and fairly large sized – this is a resort that provides good service and solid value for your money.

Location wise, it is located on the Hoi An Islet, which is a short walk/bike ride to the old town. We wanted a place that was close to the activities, but not in the middle of town, and this truly met our needs. It is only about a 5-10 minute walk to the bridge to cross into old town, and slightly less than that to go to the night market. It is located on what is essentially a “side street” meaning that there isn’t much traffic in front of the hotel which we consider a positive. It isn’t a “high end” fancy hotel – simple lines, simple rooms, but clean, good service and a great place to stay.

From the hotel, if you are returning to Da Nang airport, we booked a taxi for 300,000 VND – oddly enough you can do this via Mrs. Sa (see below – yet another one of her offerings) – I am not sure how much it is if you book it through the hotel although I have to believe it will be more. It takes about 35 – 40 minutes to get back to Da Nang airport (if you are heading that way).

The rooms are larger than one might guess. We had a room that faced the river (small balcony) and the pool, so we had a good view. Breakfast is a buffet in the restaurant, simple – what I would consider solid/ample, nothing truly outstanding – but does the trick.

We walked around Hoi An the first day, and then rented bikes from Mrs. Sa who has the storefront directly across from reception. Mrs. Sa (who was a lovely lady and highly animated) has the bicycle/motorbike rental, laundry service and beer/alcohol/snacks concession stand. Quite an odd mix, but it works! Bikes are a dollar a day, motor scooters for USD $4 per day (I think) we had our laundry done by Ms. Sa for USD $1.00 per kilo for same day service (makes traveling and packing/carrying so much easier when you can get laundry done at a reasonable price). There are several storefronts all servicing the same bikes/laundry/snacks/alcohol across from the hotel so there is more than one choice.

We do recommend that you rent the bicycles to see Hoi An as it just makes things a lot easier and quicker to get around. Several times we would ride the bikes to town and park them and walked around – but when we wanted to longer distances it was very helpful. Given the price, it can’t be beat.

The hotel does offer a free boat trip up and down the river, but it is only once a day and we never seemed to be around when it was scheduled.

Lovely hotel for the price – we would go back in a minute.

• Stayed: December 2013, travelled as a couple