Vinh Hung Emerald Resort
Ha An Hotel(Hoi An)
US$80
US$64
1,374 results
All reviewsstreet foodfree boat tripthe rivermrs saold townevery afternooninfinity poolshort walknight marketvinh hungper kgthe general managergood sizehired bikeslaundry donegreat poolthu bon river
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 13 July 2014

We stayed at Vinh Hung Emerald for 10 nights and thoroughly enjoyed it. Booked via the web from TA reviews and it did not dissapoint. It is not a large flashy 5 star resort but a great value for money- 4 star with buffet breakfast included in the room rate. Location is excellent, only 5 mins stroll or ride to the old town in Hoi An and a great location on the river with pool overlooking this.
Rooms comfortable, good A/C and minibar, free wifi etc.
Resort is 2 stories with several 3rd story suites. U shape layout with majority of rooms overlooking the pool. Around 50 rooms in total, about 8 being Riverview.
Pool view rooms -upstairs rooms have a balcony and downstairs a small outdoor area with direct access to the pool.
Resort can organise trips, competitive money changing and nothing is too hard. We were given a complimentary dinner for being a valued guest.
Pool and bar very good, 4 hour happy hour with 2 cocktails for $5 or 4 beers and chips for $4.
Broad range of nationalities staying at the hotel, no issues here and the resort is generally pretty quiet.
Bikes, motorbikes, washing, mini mart, massage, trips can all be booked from the several shops outside the resort. Mrs Sa is very good, washing $1/ Kg, beers 80 cents etc. Bikes $2 day and well worth it to get arounf hoi an.
Hoi An is fantastic, beautiful buidings and history, great shopping, excellent eating (Mermaid, Miss Vy, "the market", Streets cafe, Sau etc).
Would go back tomorrow!

Room Tip: River rooms may get a little more river noise (boats) very early in the morning. ground floor rooms have direct pool access.
  • Stayed: June 2014, travelled with family
2  Thank jonoandmarji
Reviewed 12 July 2014

This is the second time we have stayed at Vinh Hung Emerald resort , we can not recommend this place highly enough , last year we stayed here with another couple for five days and this year we all returned for eleven days .
They cannot do enough to please you for a three star resort you would think you were in a five star resort , there is nothing you could fault , unfortunately I had a little accident which say me going to the local hospital at midnight , they arranged everything for me and even the next day all the staff were most concerned on my well being the general manager even arranged for his staff to go to the pharmacy for me, for pain relief .
We will defiantly will be back next year and stay even longer , the location is also a huge plus as everything is within walking distance .

Stayed: July 2014, travelled as a couple
1  Thank SueTappy
Reviewed 12 July 2014

We stayed here for 7 nights at the beginning of June. We were a part of a larger group of family and friends staying here for a wedding. It was a great place to meet and get to know each other at breakfast and cocktails in the pool. The staff were lovely and all the facilities were spotless. Location wise it was a short walk or bike ride to the Ancient town and many eating options. Would recommend couples as well as groups of family and friends.

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled with family
Reviewed 11 July 2014

My boyfriend and I were on a relatively tight budget traveling throughout Vietnam. However, we also knew that we wanted to account for some relaxation and comforts in the trip -- Vinh Hung was the perfect balance of wallet-friendly and luxury (approx $55-60 USD a night). The rooms are big, modern and clean. The pool is nice. Breakfast is plentiful and good. The location is a short and safe walk to the ancient town; it's a quiet scenic spot looking out over the water. With it being so hot in the summer, we spent a lot of time lounging at the hotel during the day and we enjoyed every minute of it. We had train/airport transfer pickups from Da Nang which came out to $18 each way, which might be a little pricey but we appreciated the convenience. The only cons were: the bathrooms are a little dark; the geckos would somehow make it into our room; and the pool/pool area is just small enough that it can get pretty full during the day. However, all in all, it's a great value and it's an important component to why we enjoyed our time in Hoi An.

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 10 July 2014

I have to be honest in saying that I feel a bit unfair rating this place "average" but I just couldn't bring myself to say it was "very good" (maybe, "good" is a better description).

Overall, this resort was very well located (5 min. walk to the river), and is beautifully landscaped, and there's an excellent view of the river with wonderful seating and an inviting pool. The staff and service was nice enough, and the breakfast was okay.

My reasons for rating it average is partly based on the fact that we stayed here during high season, so the hotel was completely full - and partly due to my personal preferences regarding the design on the room. Most people will find it petty, but as someone with a design background - I was constantly baffled about some parts of our room.

First, we had a deluxe pool-view room- It was a little smaller than expected, but I think it's because the king-sized bed took up the majority of the floor space. Being next to the pool doesn't leave a lot of privacy. Any time we were getting dressed / sleeping / hanging out... we felt like we needed to close the curtains, otherwise it felt a bit too public.

The pool was at capacity, and there was a real battle for lounge chairs. A lot of guests would wake up early, 'reserve' their chair with a towel, and go off to eat breakfast or sleep. We actually never really got to lounge - we had to sit on our patio. It would be great if the hotels could accommodate more chairs around the pool.

As I mentioned, the place was at capacity - so, having a room in front of the pool ended up being a poor choice because it was incredibly loud. I understand the playful nature of children, but these kids were just screaming so much, and our door was constantly being hit by a football and/or sprayed with a hose. One day, I couldn't even hear the TV.

Now, the some features in the room. Where should I start?

1) There were only 2 outlets. One was located conveniently located near a desk, and the other was in the center of the wall. Why? It was useless unless we had brought an extension cord. I will also say, there was space for two nightside tables, but we only had one (but, since you can't charge anything next to your bed, I suppose you don't need the table)

2) The bathroom was SO dark! It would be wonderful to have more lighting in there instead of a singular florescent bulb. I had to put on makeup in the bedroom using the tiny mounted-mirror.

3) The shower is comically large and would comfortably accommodate 8-10 people. This isn't really the issue though - The issue was that the only shampoo/soap rack was located on the opposite end of the shower, away from the shower head. Again, why!? This required stepping out of the spray-range, and taking a brief, but annoying, journey across the shower to get some shampoo.

4) Speaking of shampoo, be sure to bring your own. The shampoo and gel soap from the resort are in refillable pumps, and they both smell like cough syrup. I unscrewed the cap to smell, and it was just a lot of built up, puss-yellow gunk. Very poorly maintained.

5) For some unknown reason, the closet doesn't have a clothing rack that hangs horizontally from one side to the other. Instead, it's almost like a plant hanger mounted to the back of the closet, and coming forward - ... so all of your clothes have to be staggered on top of each other. Why?!

In general, for being the newer Vinh Hung resort, there was already a lot of wear and tear on some of the furniture. While all the cleaners were friendly, I have to be honest in saying there were a few maintenance issues (we had a burnt lightbulb, air conditioner leaked, there were lots of little ants and mosquitos, the stationary / guestbook was full of old brochures/paper)

A lot of my issues with the resort just came down to personal preferences. I wanted somewhere really quiet, relaxing and a little luxurious - but the whole trip, I just felt like my room was in this public space, and it was FAR from luxurious. It just felt more like a family-friendly hotel.

Although it didn't ruin my trip or anything, I have to say that the positives weren't enough to make me want to stay here again. Will be looking elsewhere next time.

Room Tip: If you want some privacy, don't bother with the bottom level pool-view rooms.
  • Stayed: July 2014, travelled as a couple