“Beautiful place”

Full-day Silk Cloth Producing and Lantern-Making from Da Nang
Ranked #29 of 150 Outdoor Activities in Hoi An
More attraction details
Recommended length of visit: 1-2 hours
Owner description: The Hoi An Silk Village, officially opened in August 2012, is based on the ancient silk weaving traditions of Quang Nam province that used Hoi An as a commercial seaport for over 300 years. Located down the street from Hoi An's town center, the Silk Village offers an experience like no other. During the tour you'll learn about the entire production of silk from silkworm to dress. We also have a spacious restaurant serving up local delights and a high-end silk showroom where you can have custom garments designed.
Useful Information: Food available for purchase
Reviewed 18 November 2013

The tour was very nice. In the beginning we learned a little about the different tribes of Vietnam and their heritage after that we were taken on a tour around the site. On the tour we were shown different phases of the traditional silk production process. The method was interesting and the tour was informative. In the end we were brought into a shop where reasonably priced silk items were sold. Very recommendable attraction.

There are newer reviews for Hoi An Silk Village

Reviewed 10 November 2013

We had an extra morning in Hoi An and almost came upon this relatively new attraction by accident, but it was one of the highlights of our stay in Vietnam. On arrival you are greeted with a delicious mystery drink (all is revealed later), and then taken on a tour of the silk making process. The guide and all the workers we saw were ladies, who were charming and very informative, offering us the chance to participate in various processes. It was really good to take time away from the clothes making in Hoi An to see how the beautiful fabric is made.

Reviewed 5 November 2013

I visited the silk village on a quiet Saturday morning and was greeted by a polite local guide. I opted for the short tour due to my packed schedule which lasted for around 1 hour.

My guide, Hue, was pretty knowledgeable and provides interesting two way conversation throughout the tour. The silk production process as well as its history was clearly explained by my capable guide. Besides, I also witnessed and participated in the actual process of extracting silk from the silkworm using simple equipment.

They also have a silk shop there to make clothing for visitors. Its a pity that I already visited the tailor in Hoi An, if not its definitely worth a try to make something here.

The price for this guided tour was very reasonable and highly recommended. I went home with a great ton of additional knowledge and was definitely satisfied on my visit here.

1  Thank Patrick C
Reviewed 30 October 2013 via mobile

A nice little place but overly touristic for my liking. Just depends on what you are lookibg looking for

1  Thank zaphroit
Reviewed 26 October 2013

Very good explanation of the silk making process by a lovely and easy to understand employee. I had a dress made and am very happy with the quality. The range of silk fabrics was excellent> The people there were very friendly and seemed to enjoy their job. Restaurant was closed when we were there because of the typhoon.