“A stay so good we didn't leave!”

Essence Hoi An Hotel & SPA
Ranked #17 of 159 Hotels in Hoi An
Reviewed 8 January 2014

Our wonderful experience here all began with the warm welcome we received from the staff at the hotel. Greeted with refresher towels and a lovely tropical drink we felt spoilt.

We found our room to be beautifully appointed and clean, with a lovely little balcony and a comfortable bed (but I must say the pillows were the star here. Considered smuggling them back to Australia).

We originally only planned to stay here for 4 nights, however I became ill halfway through our stay and decided to extend for a further 3 nights. This was happily accommodated and most importantly, the help we received when I became ill was very much appreciated. Nothing is too much trouble for these wonderful people.

On our second to last day we were contacted by front reception and offered an upgrade to the honeymoon suite - just our luck! What a magnificent suite, totally loved the spa bath.

Food was great, room service much appreciated, and the spa was lovely too.

All in all I would recommend this hotel to others and would happily stay again!

1  Thank Tina D

Reviewed 7 January 2014

I LOVED this hotel. My husband and I stayed there from Dec 30-Jan 1st. Hospitality and cleanliness are excellent here at this modern boutique hotel. I usually stray away from hotel breakfasts, but their breakfast buffet was so delightful with both western and Vietnamese treats I couldn't wait to get breakfast in the morning, it was so fresh, delicious with a wide assortment. The room was super clean and they are so attentive to everything and anything you need. They also have a lovely pool and spa there. I got a 90min salt rock massage at their spa that was awesome. It's just an 8 min walk into the main part of the town, but the walk has some good local restaurants to eat at if you want to explore. They also offer free bikes and had a convenient service set up for transportation to and from the airport. Concierge was also excellent with a great recommendation for a local bike tour in the countryside called Heaven and Earth. I only wish I stayed longer in Hoi An at the Essence, when I return I will absolutely return to stay here again.

1  Thank SYNYC
Reviewed 7 January 2014

Nice, comfortable and spacious rooms. Very tasty and nice restaurant for breakfast and dinners. As we occupied rooms with pool view, a picture of the pool and rice terraces was amazing, then because of view there were very silently. The staff is very warm and responsive.
The main shortcomings are probably the location and water supply. Location is not quite good for walking. It's needed about 20 minutes to reach the old city center of Hoi An and this way isn't comfortable because traffic. Meanwhile, the hotel provides guests with free bike. And of course it's very cheap and fast if you take a taxi. Then, there was a serious problem with water supply. Really, I couldn't take a shower in my bathroom and every time used other one (happily, we booked two connected rooms). My only bad experience in service was when once I left shirts for laundry but nobody took them.

Room Tip: For me it's better to choose a room with pool view. Likely, they are more quiter
  • Stayed: January 2014, travelled with friends
Reviewed 6 January 2014 via mobile

Stayed in Hoi an for a total of three days. The hotel is located far enough away from the main town to be quiet enough to sleep. Staff were polite and very helpful. Room was fantastic, clean and super modern.. The free shuttle to town is a great extra.

Stayed: January 2014, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Dansea12
Reviewed 5 January 2014

Essence was amazing. It was the best accomodation that we picked over our whole stay in Vietnam, and we had quite the range. To begin with, the service was incredible. Everything you would expect from a high class resort. The property was stunning with gorgeous gardens, nice spa, big swimming pool/jacuzzi. The food at the restaurant was fine dining. And my gosh, the breakfast buffet. Incredible! Our room was spacious with a view of the property. The hotel offered free bikes to use and made the 4 minute trip into town very convenient. Picture being amongst the beautiful countryside with an array of wildlife being heard from your room. Such a memorable experience. Our 4 night stay was ridiculously well priced for what we got.

1  Thank Clair S
Reviewed 4 January 2014

My wife and I stayed at Essence Hoi An the 25th through 29th of Dec '13. The rooms are spacious, clean, and very modern with comfortable beds and nice large rain showers. The hotel is slightly out of the way compared to others - about 7-8 min walk to the main shopping area and about 10-15 min to the center of town. However since taxi's are only $1-2, the fact that it is away from the hustle and bustle makes it a nice place to escape to after a day of exploring Hoi An.

The hotel is choc-full of amenities - there is a great pool area as well as a nice game lounge complete with pool table, foosball, and board games. The hotel has a very comprehensive on-premise spa that includes jacuzzi, sauna, steam room and baths. The spa was much nicer in comparison to the other spa's we visited while in Hoi An.

Breakfast was plentiful and provided a range of typical asian, european and western food options... although we found it odd that you had to pay extra for a Vietnamese coffee.

All in all a great place to stay and we would absolutely return the next time we are in Hoi An!

3  Thank ACatInLondon
Reviewed 4 January 2014

Beautiful hotel on outskirts of Hoi an. Free bike rental made it a short ride to the central district. The rooms were clean and staff extremely helpful. The Buffett was beautifully done and nice to start the morning. Overall a great experience.

Stayed: December 2013, travelled with family