“Love this place!”

Essence Hoi An Hotel & SPA
Ranked #16 of 159 Hotels in Hoi An
Reviewed 15 April 2014

We stayed at the Essence with a 8 and 10 year old in connecting rooms. It was a 5 star hotel in my book and exceeded our expect ions. The staff was top notch and attentive to our every need. The Spa service was equally as good. The bikes were a bonus to ride into town. The location was great. The pool and food was superb. The hotel coordinated our trip to My Son Ruins (we opted for the private guide and car=good choice) and our snorkel trip to Cham Island. We were pleased with both. We can't say enough good things about Hoi An, the Essence and we would love to go back.

Room Tip: Connecting rooms if parents want privacy or the Deluxe Family room if it doesn't matter to you...
  • Stayed: April 2014, travelled with family
1  Thank 91Jennifer95

Reviewed 15 April 2014

We booked the majority of our latest trip to Vietnam through the Essence Hanoi hotel group. They recommended their sister hotel for our Hoi An leg. We where not disappointed. Our room was on the sixth floor in the main building, stairs next to the 5th floor lift took us up to the penthouse rooms. The room was very large, spotless and well equipped with a quaint roof terrace overlooking the surrounding rice fields. All the staff were exceptional as was the breakfast. We had a wonderful trip arranged to My Son which included lunch at the hotel which was superb. It takes just over 10 minutes to stroll into the historical centre and about 20 minutes by scheduled hotel minibus to a wonderful beach area, the hotel supply beach towels and there are free sun loungers at the restaurant where they drop and pick up. Bikes are available free if you prefer. We didn't use the pool area or spa as we only had 5 days and seemed to always be out exploring somewhere. There's plenty to do in Hoi An and we believe we could have spent more time here and intend to return in the not to distant future.

Room Tip: Penthouse rooms are via fifth floor stairs to the 6th floor which commands wounderful views over the...
  • Stayed: March 2014, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Merl1n2004
Reviewed 15 April 2014

We stayed at Essence hotel in April 2014 and it was terrific! We had already stayed at the partner hotel in Hanoi so were pleased to find that this hotel was equally as good if not better! The pool was lovely, food was excellent and everybody was super friendly. This was one of my favourite hotels in Vietnam. I would definitely recommend this place and hope to return one day.

• Stayed: April 2014, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 14 April 2014 via mobile

We stayed with Essence last year in Hanoi, which was a good stay and led to us booking the same brand when in Hoi An.
In my view this hotel is even better, it's a great boutique hotel, Vanessa and the team do a fantastic job in welcoming people and ensuring a great stay.
Everyone acknowledges you when leaving and arriving, and all staff are helpful and friendly.
Rooms are spacious, well laid out with good finishings.
Spa was not expensive, particularly given the quality, unusual for a hotel spa!

The only area that could possibly be improved is the availability of sun beds, although to be honest we found that people did come and go quite a bit so we never waited long.

It's about 15 minute walk from town, which was fine for us as we prefer being a little out of the hustle and bustle of town, and a cab costs $1!

Stayed: April 2014
Reviewed 14 April 2014

We initially booked four nights here, but extended our stay twice. Beautifully appointed hotel, every need met. Especially loved the attentive staff so a big thank you to Vanessa, Tuhey, Tu, Qwa and everyone else (apologies for my poor memory and probable spelling mistakes). P.S. Master Oscar's ego is struggling now isn't treated so royally now!

Stayed: March 2014, travelled with family
Reviewed 14 April 2014

I had very high expectations about this hotel as I had read every single review on here prior to my 12 night stay.

For only the second time ever in all my travels, my expectations were exceeded. This hotel is a perfect 10. It is a 15 minute walk maximum to town along a very vibrant local street. The hotel setting next to paddy fields is idyllic.

All of the staff, without exception are a credit to this hotel. However Vanessa the guest relations manager is the real gem, worth her weight in gold. I had booked the most basis room which was perfect for my requirements.

The brekkie was so fresh and the nicest I have had anywhere, including several 5 star establishments. I so miss sitting out on their lovely patio. I also had lunch and dinner at the hotel , both of which were excellent.

I spent every day by the stunning pool.I cannot wait to return next year.

ps for your laundry, local trip, airport taxis or food and drink try brown eyes directly opposite the hotel. a really nice Vietnamese family runs this place.

Room Tip: I visited several of the rooms, I preferred the one's facing the paddy field with a balcony.
  • Stayed: April 2014, travelled solo
1  Thank leethomaswales
Reviewed 14 April 2014

One of the best value for money hotels in the world we have had the pleasure of staying in. A haven of peace. Well managed. Wonderful, friendly, efficient service and, kind, caring, welcoming staff. We were given an upgrade to a family room with a balcony, which was palatial and very comfortable. The hotel is relatively new, with a very nice indoor/outdoor restaurant with good food. The swimming pool is in relaxing surroundings. It is close to town and has a range of bikes you can use.

• Stayed: March 2014, travelled with family