“A modern, comfortable hotel with a lovely pool and garden”

Hoi An Historic Hotel
Ranked #78 of 163 Hotels in Hoi An
Reviewed 23 January 2012

We were lucky to be upgraded to the Presidential suite for our one night in this modern and comfortable hotel. It's a great location about 5 minutes walk from the market and the centre of Hoi An. Our room was very large with a separate lounge, separate bath and shower and looked out over a pretty garden. The bed was very comfortable and the room very well equipped as you'd expect. The breakfast was excellent with lots of choice. Staff were friendly and helpful. We weren't able to use the swimming pool but it would be very inviting on a hot day.

Only problem at the moment is the building works next door which start around 7.30am.

Room Tip: Ask for a room on the other side from the building site if you want to sleep in in the morning.
  • Stayed: January 2012, travelled as a couple
Lan P, Manager at Hoi An Historic Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 26 January 2012

Dear SjhHove,

Warmest greeting from Hoian Hotel .

Thank you very much for your stay with us as well as your good comment .Your comment will be good information for anyone who wants to come to stay in Hoian Hotel .We must continue improving our service getting better to meet all guests' pleasant while we have not done it be good at the moment .We also sorry for the noise from outside hotel , we will contact them to limit the noise to avoid effect to inhouse guest .

We are very happy to serve your again in Hoian Hotel next time .

Best regards ,

Phan Thi Ngoc Lan
Room Division Manager

Write a ReviewReviews (1,731)

Reviewed 21 January 2012

I stayed at this hotel as part of a tour group. The staff were so friendly and helpful. The receptionists knowledge was amazing she helped recommend a tailor. The hotel facilities were amazing the buffet breakfast was delicious the cinnamon donuts were divine. The rooms were comfortable. I will stay here again next time I am in Hoi An and will tell all my friends to stay here.

• Stayed: January 2012
Reviewed 20 January 2012

We stayed two nights at the Hoi An. Their welcome was lovely. The reception staff were very friendly and helpful. The common areas are delightful. The pool and bar area very charming. The rooms were comfortable but the beds were a bit too firm and the lighting was dim. Rooms were serviced daily and were clean. Air-conditioned. No lift to upper floors but bellboys carried luggage. Short walk into the town centre (5 mins). Great!

Room Tip: Choose a ground floor room if you have trouble with stairs.
  • Stayed: January 2012, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 20 January 2012

We arrived without a booking, but knowing what the internet price should be. The price we were given on arrival was $40 more than online and they weren't prepared to negotiate. We then used the internet to make an online booking and tried to check in. The receptionist would not accept our online reservation price, in fact, 5 receptionists wouldn't accept our online reservation price. So, I ask to speak to the manager. In fact, I asked to speak to the manager several times before the receptionists even appeared to have heard me, let alone tried to get the manager. After a wait, the manager appeared and explained the problem. There were 3 of us and only 2 beds. Well, that's ok because I'm travelling with my partner and our niece, we expect to share a room and my partner and I expect to share a bed.

The manager shows us the room, which is just about ok and we go back to the lobby to wait while they get it ready, even though it looked pretty ready to us when we went to look at it. While we are waiting, I think, actually, that room wasn't so good, I booked a deluxe room, and it looked pretty standard. So, I get back on the internet and look at the hotel website to check which block the room I booked should be in. Surprise, surprise, the room I had been shown was not the deluxe room I'd booked, but a lower standard room, at a cheaper pricer, that I didn't book.

So, I ask for the manager, much to the receptionists horror, "You want to see the manager again?"

I point out to her that the room she showed me was not the standard I booked and, eventually, she agreed to show me the room I had booked. When we got to the room she did her best to convince me it wasn't suitable, it didn't have a pool view, it would be noisy etc.

At this point, I thought I'd establish exact prices for each room. The lower standard room was $20 cheaper than the booked room, but an extra bed would be $20. Surely that makes it the same price?

Eventually, after 11/2 hours, we got the room we had booked. Had we been shown this room at the beginning of the check in process, we would have taken it and this review would be a lot more positive.

Breakfast was yum!

• Stayed: January 2012, travelled with friends
2  Thank Hen03

Dear Hen03,

Thank you very much for your stay in Hoian Hotel as well as your comment .We will record all things that you have commented although some mistakes were belongs to internet system . We had repaired system when we got your comment at check in time and this problem never happens again for any next guest .

Once again we are very sorry for delay time when you check in Hoian Hotel .We hope that we are very happy and honoured to serve you again here with more perfect service .

Best regards ,
Phan Thi Ngoc Lan
Room Division Manager

Reviewed 13 January 2012

My husband and I stayed at the Hoi An hotel for two nights in November.

The hotel has a great location and you can get by on foot around all the local tailors, restaurants and markets.

The hotel itself is nice & clean. The rooms are very large, and well fitted, with wooden floors and asian decor. Most rooms seem to face onto the pool with nice balconies to catch the sun.

The pool area is great, with the bar located just adjacent to it, the sun lounges are a great place to spend an afternoon.

The disappointments were the noise from the bar at night... the walls are paper thin and the bed was like sleeping on a rock!

Don't miss Red Bridge Cooking school if you have the opportunity... tour with the Chef through the markets, before taking a boat ride down the river to the cooking school to pick up some great vietnamese culinary skills!

• Stayed: November 2011, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Cathandco
Reviewed 12 January 2012

We stayed at the Hoi An Hotel as part of our honeymoon trip during December 2011.

We had seen the photos online, but still weren't expecting a beautiful hotel that awaited us. We arrived late in the evening and pretty exhausted. The staff were so welcoming and gave us a cold facecloth and a cup of tea. They gave us a map and orientated us very well as to where the main spots were around the town.

They also assisted us very well in arranging tours (we went on a great one to the My Son ruins), as well as our airport transfer.

Our room was a junior suite in the renovated part of the hotel and it was amazing! Flat screen TV, huge bathroom, huge bed, beautiful wooden shutters. Really great value for only about $100!

The minibar was not too badly priced and the housekeeping was great.

Breakfasts were adequate, but definitely above average.

My only criticism is the bathroom, which looked beautiful, but the water pressure was non-existent - it took FOREVER to fill up the bath. In addition to that the shower didn't drain properly and ended up flooding the floor!

The hotel is in a great, very convenient location in the Old town near some great restaurants - try the Cargo Club (amazing!)

All in all a great choice!

Room Tip: Ask for a room in the renovated area
  • Stayed: December 2011, travelled as a couple
Huynh Thi M, Manager at Hoi An Historic Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 16 January 2012

Dear LilaSA,

Warmest greetings from Hoian Hotel .

Thank you very much for your good comment on Tripadvisor and being our customer .

We are very happy and honoured to serve you again in Hoian Hotel next time .

Best regards,
Huynh Thi Minh
Sales Manager

Reviewed 12 January 2012

Stay 3 nights at the beautiful hotel. The rooms are nice and clean and the location is great. Great for newly married couples like us. A window overlooking the campus. Staff very good service 24/24 hours. Pool clean and we liked it because at the heated swimming pool. very safe and convenient.

• Stayed: December 2011, travelled as a couple
Huynh Thi M, Manager at Hoi An Historic Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 12 January 2012

Dear MariLugect,

Warmest greetings from Hoian Hotel ,

Thank you very much for your stay in Hoian Hotel and you good comment on Tripadvisor.

We are very happy and honoured to serve you again in Hoian Hotel next time .

We do hope that we can get any booking from your friend and other by your recommendation .

Best Regards,