“Great location”

Hoi An Historic Hotel
Ranked #74 of 157 Hotels in Hoi An
Reviewed 23 July 2014

We have had a group of six of us stay here at the Hoi An Historical Hotel. We all enjoyed our stay. The location was fantastic. It was within a few minutes walk to the main attractions of the area. There are lots of restaurants close by as well as the ancient area and the river being an easy walk. There are a couple of laundry services just outside the grounds which were cheap and did a good job. They weighed the laundry at a cost of around $1.25 a kilo. There was a shuttle bus to the beach which went regularly. It certainly was worth the trip to see the beach area although we loved staying in the heart of it all. There are plenty of tailors and optometrists which were really cheap and did a great job. I had my eyes tested before I left home and took my prescription with me although they will test your eyes if you don't have a script. A few of us had glasses made and were really happy with them for a cheap price. The shopping was good. There are lots of tailors in the street although we went to the market area which were really good and reasonable. It is very cheap to eat here with lots of variety. Our favourite area was by the river. We also did a cooking class which was a lot of fun.
Our rooms were great. They were a good size and the bed was comfortable. The air conditioning worked well. The in shower bath leaked. This was obviously a design issue but really not a big deal although you did have to be careful getting out of the shower. The breakfast was adequate. The staff were very helpful. We had a birthday in our group which the staff had delivered flowers to her room. A special touch. The pool area is nice although the pool water was warm but it was very hot when we were here so to be expected. The location of this hotel was fantastic , as was the staff so I would definitely stay here again. Our group was very happy with our accommodation choice.

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled with friends
1  Thank marnology
Lan P, Manager at Hoi An Historic Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 10 August 2014

Dear Ms.Marnology ,

Warmest greetings from Hoi An Historic hotel .

The Hotel Management and team would like to express our sincere thanks for your staying with us

It is our pleasure to know that you have had an enjoyable trip in Hoi an Hotel and service of hotel is met your expectation .

We are looking forwards to welcoming you back to Hoi An Hotel next time in near future .

Yours respectfuly ,
Phan Thi Ngoc Lan
Rooms Division Manager

There are newer reviews for Hoi An Historic Hotel

Reviewed 20 July 2014

I stayed in Hoi An for 2 days and the hotel is really good.The staff is really helpful and kind.It didn't take me a long time to check in and if i order something from my room, they will bring it up at once.I had problem in getting to the market in Hoi An because I don't khow where to buy some traditional food in Hoi An so they arranged the staff to help me.Thanks for a lovely stay!I will come back here again if i have a chance.

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled with family
Reviewed 17 July 2014

I just stayed at the Hoi An Historic Hotel, which is a very nice hotel close to old town of Hoi An.

It is a short walk into the old town of Hoi An and close to many restaurants and shops.

The hotel has a good sized pool but a very small gym.

The breakfast is OK but nothing to write home about. The gardens of the hotel are very well kept and a nice retreat from the heat of the day.

I was very lucky to be upgraded to a junior suite room, over-looking the pool. Good sized room and facilities within the room.

The staff at the hotel were very friendly.

There is a shuttle bus between the hotel and the Hoi An Beach Resort. I was happy that I was not staying at the Beach Resort, as there is nothing to do out there except sit by the pool or sit on the beach.

Go for the Hoi An Historic hotel, it is in a great location.

Well done everyone.

Room Tip: Upgrade to a suite room, it is worth it for the extra space.
  • Stayed: July 2014, travelled solo
Reviewed 15 July 2014

This bills itself as a high quality hotel, and the rooms and buildings are lovely. Service is not good though, some of this is due to poor English skills, but some staff were quite rude and organisation at reception is really poor. When we arrived the receptionist took a while to respond, then no one organised to help with bags. We had to ask. Internet was not working and while sometimes in VN this cannot be helped, the way the reception staff dealt with it was really poor. We rang through twice before anything happened, then went down to speak directly to them. The receptionist was quite rude. Far more concerned with her discussion with her friend, then did not help but told me I should put in the code and dismissed me. On checking out, the reception staff asked us to sit and wait while they checked the room, then forgot to actually check until we reminded them. I ordered prosciutto pizza from room service, which was a cheap frozen base and cheap ham, badly cooked. I refused to eat it and sent it back. The waiter was very nice and sorry when I explained why, but once he'd gone I had a phone call from the restaurant manager, aggressively asking me if I ordered this or not. Her English was poor and she could not understand so she then insisted I ring reception. I went down instead and explained. He insisted I speak to the main restaurant manager the next day. It was a big drama. Overall, this place has potential but they desperately need training in English and customer service. Value for money only because I had an Agoda discount.

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled with friends
1  Thank Ablingdon
Reviewed 15 July 2014

We spent 3 days in Hoi An and appreciated the proximity of the hotel to the centre of the town. Clean, comfortable room, friendly staff and a regular free shuttle bus to the beach. We had a great time.

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 14 July 2014 via mobile

first off I'll start by saying we are used to travelling comfortable but budget, I'm
Not a resort person. This place was really great value for us. it is big and relaxing with sprawled gardens and many quiet spots. I'm not one for staying locked up in a hotel/resort and usually hate tacky resort activities but here I felt like I could sit on one of the swinging chairs or garden pagolas with a beer and enjoy the afternoon, without being disturbed.

very clean, and the staff is super helpful! breakfast is an event, and everything is on offer, I enjoyed the cinnamon donuts.

what attracted us to the hotel was not only the Great price (and what you get for it) but also the closeness to the old town of Hoi An! It's a short 3min walk till you're in the centre of the quaint old town.

Other features I enjoyed:
- helpful staff
- great aircon
- pharmacy across the road
- easy pick up for bus tours to Hue, my son and Cham island

features that didn't appeal to me, but might appeal to you?
- 2 cafés and one restaurant
- gym
- average sized pool, very warm due to weather
- good pool bar & service
- very helpful spa & salon service (I'm not a spa goer but I did get a sunburn wrap after being cooked on Cham island, it was a treat)

Overall great spot to enjoy Hoi An, even my dad an absolute anti resort person couldn't help but enjoy the simple comforts of the place, not tacky, not expensive and right in the heart of Hoi An

• Stayed: July 2014
1  Thank madtravel1991
Reviewed 9 July 2014

We stayed for five nights and were very happy. The room was comfortable with all the facilities as listed. The pool area was great...although the pool was a little hot (though it was 36degrees everyday!) Food service at pool bar, breakfast and room service was good. Short walk to restaurants, shops and sites.

Hotel offered tours and bicycles available which was cheap and easy!

Only downside was that they are in the process of renovating rooms which meant that there was banging quite early everyday.

Stayed: July 2014, travelled as a couple