“Great Location”

Hoi An Historic Hotel
Ranked #73 of 158 Hotels in Hoi An
Reviewed 28 July 2014

The Hoi An Historic Hotel is conveniently located just outside the old town, about 5 minutes walk.
Front Desk - welcome and check out service was efficient. Rooms - good size and clean. After being starved of cable news channels staying at a local hotel in HCMC, I was very happy that they have CNN and BBC.
There is a big garden with egg-shaped garden swings hanging from some really big old trees. You can also have breakfast in the gardens. There is a spa and a decent sized pool.
As it was too hot to venture into the old town for dinner, we decided to have dinner at the hotel, we selected food from the Vietnamese menu and was pleasantly surprise, food was unpretentious, good old fashion home cooked meal, portions were generous too. On the 3rd night, there was a power outage, we decided to eat at the hotel again, we were not disappointed at all.
I recommend this for location to the old town.

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled with family
Lan P, Manager at Hoi An Historic Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 10 August 2014

Dear Mr.Yuncai ,

Warmest greetings from Hoi An Historic Hotel .

The Hotel Management and team would like to express our sincere thanks for your staying with us

Your comment on TripAdvisor will be good motivation for our team to improve the service continueously be more and more better to meet guests' expectation .

We are very honoured and happy to serve you in Hoi An Hotel .

We do hope that we have other chance to serve you again in Hoi An Hotel next time in near future .

There are newer reviews for Hoi An Historic Hotel

Reviewed 27 July 2014 via mobile

After a rigorous 12 hour bus journey from NHA Trang, my partner and I were tired and hot in need of comfort. From the moment we arrived at Hoi An Hotel we were greeted by friendly staff who sat us down, provided refreshment and also let us check in early at 7am. Our deluxe room was spacious, clean and appealing. After a few hours rest we were ready to explore. The hotel complex itself is set in lovely green surroundings, with areas to sit and relax, enabling one to take in the calm atmosphere. The heated pool and jacuzzi were excellent, with a bar and gym. The breakfast catered for many tastes, mine being a full English but there was fruit and continental. The complex also included a tourist information site, tennis courts, restaurant, and front bar. This hotel made our trip and has left us with fond memories of Hoi An and Vietnam. The best hotel I have ever stayed in and I would recommend to anyone who wants high standards and luxury

• Stayed: July 2014

Dear Ms.DaleGreen1,

Warmest greetings from Hoi an Historic Hotel .

We would like to say thank you very much for your choosing Hoi An Hotel on your vacation when you have come to visit Hoi An city .

It is our privilege to have your high appreciation to the service of hotel has been met your expectation .We are very happy for receiving this information and continue maintaining and improving the service more and more better in order to meet guests' expectation .

We are looking forwards to welcoming you back to Hoi an Hotel in near future .

Reviewed 27 July 2014

This hotel is exactly what I was looking for. Great location, only a five minute walk to the old town, great pool, I coudl spend hours there day or night.

The rooms were well appointed and the bed & bathroom all very comfortable and exceeded my expectations of a 4 star hotel. I loved the boutique feel, and the beautifuly manucured gardens.

the buffet breakfast was also good.

While staying there, I found the service good, and enjoyed my entire stay.

I found the front desk staff could have been more helpful. We left our bags there on the last day and they were not left in a secure room, just behind the front desk. When we asked them to call a taxi for us they seemed quite put out, as if now we had checked out we werent entitled to their help.

Room Tip: If you want a quiet room, ask for one in the centre of the grounds (there is a school behind the hot...
  • Stayed: July 2014, travelled with friends

Dear Ms.Sarah_jr01 ,

The Hotel management and team would like to send you warmest greetings from Hoi An Historic Hotel and express our deeply thanks for your being customer .

We are honored and happy to serve you in Hoi An hotel and get your high appreciation to our service .We continue improving the service more and more better to maintain best quality to meet all guests' expectation when having chance to serve them at Hoi An Hotel .

We do hope that we have other privilege to serve you again in hoi An Hotel in near future .

All the best to you and your family .

Reviewed 26 July 2014

I picked this hotel for our family (two young boys ages 5 and 2) based on online reviews and location. It really is the perfect location for those wanting to explore the Old Town. The pool and grounds are ideal for kids to play in. There were lots of families when we were there and our kids had no problem finding playmates.
The hotel has great curb appeal. Our first room was very nicely appointed with a balcony overlooking the pool. Unfortunately, there was some discrepency between how the room was portrayed on Agoda and what the hotel actually offers. We thought we were getting a room with one twin bed and one double. Instead we were shown a room with two twin beds. The hotel does not offer a double/twin option (which every other hotel we’ve stayed at in Vietnam does). Also, while Agoda states that children 11 years old and over are treated as adults and that children under that “…are free of charge if using existing bedding”, that is not the hotel’s policy. And they refused to honour the Agoda deal. Hoi An Historic Hotel’s child policy is that the first child under 11 stays for free and any other children require you to pay for an extra bed. In the 2 and a half years since my second child was born I have never ever come across another hotel that has had this policy. Their point of view was very much that they had a hotel policy regarding children. Fair enough. My point was that this policy was, in no way, made clear on the Agoda booking site. Their rebuttal was that they know about this discrepancy and that they would very much appreciate if I were to write about it in my Agoda online review for them to warn other customers. “Maybe then Agoda will change.” That was honestly said that to me. Seriously? Needless to say, we were stuck and had to accept the twin room for the first night. This made for a very uncomfortable stay. We changed rooms the next morning but were charged an extra 15USD/night for the extra bed (a single roll-a-way cot) for our two boys to sleep in. Reception staff kept telling us what “a discount” this was on the rate. Essentially, for our family of four to sleep comfortably, we had to change to an inferior room and were charged an extra 15USD/night for the privilege. Reception kept telling us that our room was an ‘upgrade’ – in what sense that was true still eludes me.

I did ask for a ground floor room and we were given room 137, which backs onto to a small road facing a school. Luckily, school was not in session during our stay. Still, the noise from the street can be rather loud first thing in the morning. And the rats scurrying around outside can be equally noisy about an hour after sunset. It’s not so much the hotel’s fault. Rodents are opportunists and ubiquitous in this part of the world.

Room 137 also has a feature, which I can honestly say is completely unique. Something that I have never seen in my decades of travel; a bathroom with a window into the main room that doesn’t, I repeat, does not have a blind and/or frosting. So anytime anyone uses the toilet or the shower, the rest of the room has a clear view of the proceedings. Let’s just say that our family is a whole lot closer after this experience. LOL. I shiver to think what traveling with a parent, sibling or friend would have been like in this room!

Breakfast has been good all week. The egg and pancake station more than makes up for the lack of options in the buffet. On odd days though, the only drink options (apart from tea, coffee and water) have been guava and some other really random fruit juice. Odd. My husband and five year old also got pushed around by a group of Chinese tourists on our second to last morning at breakfast. It’s quite a funny story now, but in the moment it felt quite threatening. Apparently, while my son was told by his dad to sit down and wait while dad went to the buffet, some members of the tour group decided that they wanted my son’s table so they tried moving his dad’s bag and their bottled water to another table. Imagine my husband’s reaction as he was returning with two plates of food only to see our son chasing down two fellow tourists saying, “Excuse me but that is my daddy’s!” What would you have done?

Oh, and one other thing, and this is a small thing but, again, something that I have never come across in all my years…the cable TV. I would say that roughly a third of the English language channels (can’t vouch for the non-English ones) were on the fritz. By that I mean that the picture came in brilliantly (ok, the odd freezing glitch) but the audio was roughly 15 minutes behind. Unfortunately for us, this affected the only two cartoon channels. Sort of a big deal when you are travelling with two kids five and under. In all fairness, we never reported this to the hotel as their bedside manner had been previously proven so poor that I had no desire to engage them in any matters that, frankly, weren’t dire. I can also say that the wifi is very spotty in Room 137. It was not so in the rest of the hotel though.

When we decided to extend out stay for one night, we were not offered the same rate that we had been paying but instead had to pay the rack rate – but we were given the “discounted” extra bed rate – and made to feel special for the privilege.

Despite all the little annoyances, this place meets all our needs. Great pool area for little (and big) kids. Great access to the Old Town. I would probably return to this hotel, but not until my eldest is 11 years old so as to justify the rate. I mean where else in the world but the hospitality industry is someone considered an adult at age 11?

BTW, we took our laundry to the place right across the street from the hotel (three meters down a little alley). They lost my husbands best pair of shorts and they charged by the piece and not the kilo so it was a rather expensive. In fact, it was 4X more expensive than the laundry I had done days later just down the road. They did offer to make my husband a new pair of shorts to replace the lost ones. My husband is now the not-so-proud owner of a pair of shiny shorts that make him look like a US postal worker.

Dear MrsCommons ,

Warmest greetings from Hoi An Historic Hotel .

The hotel Management and team would like to express our sincere thanks for having your family staying with us .

It is our privilege to record your comment and some your appreciation to our product .We are really to be happy for that and be willing to improve the service and product more and more better to meet guests' expectation whe they have been chosen Hoi an Hotel on your vacation .

We are looking forwards to welcoming you back to Hoi An Hotel in near future .

Rooms Division Manager .

Reviewed 24 July 2014 via mobile

Very central right on the brim of the old quarter. Staff were friendly and helpful. Rooms clean and tidy. Buffet breakfast amazing with a huge variety. Pool and spa facilities great. Definitely recommend and the nicest place we saw in hoi an!

Stayed: July 2014

Dear Ms.Emma S ,

The Hotel management and team would like to send you warmest greetings from Hoi An Historic Hotel and express our deeply thanks for your choosing Hoi An Hotel on your vacation .

Your high appreciation and service of the hotel is met your expectation will be good motivation for our team to promote their skills and knowlegdes being better in order to meet guests' expectation

We high respect your comment and your staying will be recorded in our history profile .

We are looking forwards to welcoming you back to Hoi An Hotel next time .

Reviewed 23 July 2014

We have had a group of six of us stay here at the Hoi An Historical Hotel. We all enjoyed our stay. The location was fantastic. It was within a few minutes walk to the main attractions of the area. There are lots of restaurants close by as well as the ancient area and the river being an easy walk. There are a couple of laundry services just outside the grounds which were cheap and did a good job. They weighed the laundry at a cost of around $1.25 a kilo. There was a shuttle bus to the beach which went regularly. It certainly was worth the trip to see the beach area although we loved staying in the heart of it all. There are plenty of tailors and optometrists which were really cheap and did a great job. I had my eyes tested before I left home and took my prescription with me although they will test your eyes if you don't have a script. A few of us had glasses made and were really happy with them for a cheap price. The shopping was good. There are lots of tailors in the street although we went to the market area which were really good and reasonable. It is very cheap to eat here with lots of variety. Our favourite area was by the river. We also did a cooking class which was a lot of fun.
Our rooms were great. They were a good size and the bed was comfortable. The air conditioning worked well. The in shower bath leaked. This was obviously a design issue but really not a big deal although you did have to be careful getting out of the shower. The breakfast was adequate. The staff were very helpful. We had a birthday in our group which the staff had delivered flowers to her room. A special touch. The pool area is nice although the pool water was warm but it was very hot when we were here so to be expected. The location of this hotel was fantastic , as was the staff so I would definitely stay here again. Our group was very happy with our accommodation choice.

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled with friends
1  Thank marnology

Dear Ms.Marnology ,

Warmest greetings from Hoi An Historic hotel .

It is our pleasure to know that you have had an enjoyable trip in Hoi an Hotel and service of hotel is met your expectation .

We are looking forwards to welcoming you back to Hoi An Hotel next time in near future .

Yours respectfuly ,

Reviewed 20 July 2014

I stayed in Hoi An for 2 days and the hotel is really good.The staff is really helpful and kind.It didn't take me a long time to check in and if i order something from my room, they will bring it up at once.I had problem in getting to the market in Hoi An because I don't khow where to buy some traditional food in Hoi An so they arranged the staff to help me.Thanks for a lovely stay!I will come back here again if i have a chance.