“Centrally located, just don't stay for Breakfast!”

Huy Hoang River Hotel
Ranked #141 of 159 Hotels in Hoi An
Reviewed 13 August 2013

Stayed in a nice river front room which has a private terrace. Gd to be away from the noise of the road, although Hoi An is very quiet from 9-10pm, can't say the same for the early mornings though (if your room is by the river you may also hear the sound of the boat traffic).

Location for being central is perfect although Hoi An isn't a big place and it's not an effort to walk for 10mins if you want to stay a little further out.

One note, find breakfast elsewhere- staff got every order wrong somehow on 3 of the tables at the hotel (only 4 were occupied), eggs were undercooked/almost raw, cheese & ham omelette was tiny and the cheese came on the side of the plate in the form of a third of a processed cheese single.

• Stayed: August 2013, travelled as a couple
There are newer reviews for Huy Hoang River Hotel

Reviewed 4 August 2013

We stayed for 2 nights at this small but beautiful hotel which was right on the river and right in front of the public river market. I was surprised at how beautiful the room was for the price plus it came with a free breakfast. The bed was a bit hard but I wasn't expecting my tempurpedic bed. The staff were also very friendly and recommended what to see and tailors. They also have moto rentals from the hotel although the moto we got wasn't very powerful at all and I had to ask for a different helmet than the polo helmet I initially got. I paid 2 star price for a 4 star hotel.

• Stayed: July 2013, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 29 July 2013

We stayed in Hoi An for 5 nights in one of the two river-view rooms. The room itself was modern and of a high standard, with a balcony overlooking the river from which we could eat our complimentary breakfasts every morning. The staff were very helpful in recommending places to dine, as well as quality tailors to get some suits made for myself as well as dresses for my girlfriend. They also helped organise a boat trip down the river (although it was a bit more expensive than hoped for) as well as a recommendation of an 11-day Easy Rider tour down to Ho Chi Minh which turned out to be EXCELLENT.

If you don't get one of the river-view rooms then the other options are window-less which I can see as being a problem for some. If you get a room over-looking the river, though, I would very much recommend this place to you.

• Stayed: July 2013, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 17 July 2013

Caught the train to Danang and caught a cab in for the first time as a Solo traveller. The room was small, but had everything I needed. No noise, good AC, wifi and breakfast was CHEAP! Close to the river and there's a bar a few minutes walk away called the Dragon Bar that showed every AFL and cricket game, which was awesome as theirs not a heap of nightlife. Staff were friendly, never pushy and super helpful.

Definitely recommend getting a push bike and peddling to the beach.

Overall, value for money! Probably even more so if you're a couple.

Stayed: July 2013, travelled solo
Reviewed 29 May 2013

We chose this hotel because its good location and affordable price and we got that but we were a bit disappointed about some details. They offered us a room without windows and, after our complain, they gave a better room. We gave the passports for the registration and they took them for the entire stay (as a sort of guaranty, we suppose). The personal is professional but not friendly. The general impression is not negative but I think you can find a better place for the money

• Stayed: May 2013, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 8 May 2013 via mobile

Friendly staff always smiling, helpfull but never pushy or deceitfull. Great location right next to the markets and a short distance to the Japanese bridge, noise at night was never a problem. Rooms clean and tidy with good wifi reception. Hoi An is wonderful, I found myself staying more nights then I had originally planned.

Ps. The beach is super easy to get to from the hotel.

• Stayed: May 2013
Reviewed 7 May 2013

I stayed at this hotel and I think it is a very nice place to stay!. Relatively cheap. Good location and Staffed by nice people. The fixtures and fittings need a bit of TLC , but , other than that, it is fine. Close to the centre, set on the river, All you need for a stay in this DELIGHTFUL part of Vietnam! I would stay here again!

Room Tip: Any room will do! If I had more time I would change rooms every day. They all looked comfortable...
  • Stayed: February 2013, travelled with friends