“Old house nearby Janpanese Covered Bridge”

The Old House of Phun Hung
Ranked #35 of 132 things to do in Hoi An
More attraction details
Owner description: Another interesting Hoi An home, this one is constructed using eighty columns; the roof is traditional convex and concave interlocking tiles known as Yin and Yang style.
Reviewed 25 July 2014

It is well-preserved. People in Phung Hung are friendly and helpful. They provide you any information you want to know about their property.

There are newer reviews for The Old House of Phun Hung

Reviewed 23 July 2014

It was refreshing to have a good English speaker guide us through her family home , pointing out historical details and personal artifacts. I felt some pressure to buy handmade embroidered tablecloth but as an embroider myself a appreciate quality workmanship and quality. I much prefer to buy from the source and enjoyed watching embroider at work.

Reviewed 21 July 2014

Like: location is near the Janpanese Bridge so it is very convenience to discover both at one time.
Staff: very friendly and helpful
Dislike: It was really hot when we went up stairs in summer (Must bear)

Reviewed 16 May 2014

This house had some really great history to offer, but I felt a bit like they said the obligatory historical speech as quick as they could and then spent ages on the hard sell of souvenirs.
The did have some nice items to sell, but I would have been far more inclined to buy if I felt I'd gotten a bit more history/story of the house to go with them, rather than just making it feel like a store.
The people who lived there were very friendly, they chatted to us for a bit and gave us some tea, but it was very busy and once it was clear no one from our group was going to make any further purchases we were ushered out of the house reasonably quickly.

If you've got all day it might be worth a stop, its close to the Japanese Bridge, it's a good photo opp, but historically its a big wasted opportunity.

Reviewed 27 April 2014

You need to cross the Japanese Covered Bridge in order to reach the Old House of Phung Hung. Of all the old houses in Hoi An Old Town this is my favorite. You need to present the entrance ticket as you enter. There are lots of tourists coming here so the place gets too congested. Souvenir items are sold at the second floor of the old house so you get a feel that this is another commercial shop. I have checked all the items but nothing is really outstanding.

The wooden furniture inside the house are still intact. I love to watch the street life from the terrace. Silk lanterns hang on every house and stores and they add beauty especially when lighted at night.

Phung Hung Old House is a "must see" attraction when you visit the Old Town.

2  Thank pinoytraveller2