“Really nice dress, exactly what I hoped for!”
Review of Hanh Hung Tailor

Useful Information: Activities for older children
Wellington, New Zealand
22 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 71 helpful votes
“Really nice dress, exactly what I hoped for!”
Reviewed 22 March 2014

Went to Hanh Hung with a photo of a dress I wanted copied, and found a particular fabric I liked. While the price was probably at the higher end of what I was willing to pay in Hoi An, the finished product was great - exactly what I asked for (a few small changes were needed, which were no problem for the staff), and the quality seems great.

Customer service from the staff could probably be improved on a little, but all in all I'm happy with my pretty new dress!

TIP: Always make it clear when you're bargaining a price that the store hasn't been recommended to you by anyone - that way you can get a really good deal as the store owner won't be paying any commission to anyone.

Visited March 2014
1 Thank Gracie A
Nguyen N, Manager at Hanh Hung Tailor, responded to this review, 27 November 2015
We have read with pleasure your review about your recent shopping with us at Hanh Hung tailor shop

We appreciate your kind comments about your experience shopping in our shop.
We look forward to welcoming you back to Hanh Hung tailor shop.

Cork
3 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 4 helpful votes
“No attention to detail”
Reviewed 22 January 2014 via mobile

Having read that Hoi An was a quality place for tailored suits I was extremely disappointed with the end product at HanhHung. The suits were simply thrown together with little emphasis on quality. Any issues identified to staff were simply shrugged with a "that won't be seen when the suit is on" response!! I have previously got suits made in Bangkok and these were a million times better with all emphasis on quality - the same cannot be said for this shop. I would advise shopping around! Or else, like me you will have to get a tailor back home to fix all the issues left when you leave hanh Hung. They work to the ethos that you only hAve a few days in Hoi An!

Visited January 2014
1 Thank Scouse R
london
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 9 helpful votes
“Acceptable jacket; unacceptable service”
Reviewed 16 January 2014

Had a women's black jacket with wool lining made at a competitive price ($65) Three fittings and they got the coat quite close to what I asked for, although I had to push and be very clear about issues they needed to amend - they tended to feign ignorance of the problems I was highlighting (ie when I pointed out a wonky stitched in pocket - "that? That's fine! No problem"). Once the coat was complete, I realised that a couple of buttons would improve the look, and asked that if I paid extra would they make these amendments. Response?
Lady owner/manager: No. Too late now.
Me: why? We can wait to leave till after these changes are made.
Lady owner/manager: no.
Me: why? I can pay extra.
Lady owner: not even if you paid me a hundred dollars.
!
I was very disappointed at the final service. I felt as if they had gotten our business and could no longer be invested in making us happy customers. It seems that it's always a risk knowing which tailor shop to choose - I guess you get what you pay for.

Visited January 2014
2 Thank kbblondon
WV
4 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 12 helpful votes
“quick , fair and quality”
Reviewed 15 December 2013

I went into this shop at ten and was measured for a jacket. By three my jacket was ready...fits like a glove!

Visited November 2013
4 Thank ritabird

We appreciate your kind comments about your experience shopping in our shop.
We look forward to welcoming you back to Hanh Hung tailor shop.

Australia
6 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 10 helpful votes
“Best tailors”
Reviewed 23 October 2013

I had some clothes made here whilst in Hoi An in March/April of this year. Excellent workmanship and lovely people to deal with. I had a silk jacket, skirt and pants made and they were perfect with no alterations needed and at a very reasonable cost. I would not hesitate to recommend this tailor shop.

Visited March 2013
4 Thank Jilly20
We were thrilled reading your praises about your recent shopping with us at Hanh Hung tailor shop. Your kind words will encourage our business to take care our guests
and creating memories to be shared with friends and family back home.

Once again, thank you for having chosen Hanh Hung tailor shop, and we are looking forward to welcoming you back to our tailor shop.