“Great!”

Ranked #20 of 271 Hoi An B&B and Inns
Rome, Italy
“Great!”
Reviewed 14 July 2014 via mobile

A wonderful hotel! The room is big and very clean. The staff is helpuful and we free bicycles! Is near to the center but in a quite place. And the breakfast..good food and amazing view from terrace!! We really suggest this hotel.

• Stayed July 2014

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (76)
  • Korean first
Houston, Texas
Reviewed 4 July 2014

My wife and I travelled to Hoi An by train from Ho Chi Minh City. It was one of those "chalk it up to cultural experience" adventures that we try to avoid but enjoy talking about when it's over. The train ride was 15 hours and we left HCMC around 11:30pm. We arrived in Danang so grateful for requesting the private transfer to Green Life from the station.
We arrived at the hotel and were greeted with smiles. The room was spotless, updated and overlooked the rice paddies. The sunrise views were magnificent.
We stayed for 5 nights. It was in the perfect location with easy access to the Hoi An ancient town as well as to An Bang beach. The complimentary breakfast was something to write home about and probably deserves a review unto itself, unless you're prone to eating the western breakfast. If so, you should live a little. Anyone can make an omelette. I'm pretty sure your breakfast at home doesn't consist of fresh vegetables from a giant garden in the back yard. The owner's wife prepares something different every day and it's ALL homemade and delicious. Don't cheat yourself out of the full Vietnamese breakfast experience.
The staff and owners were extremely helpful and welcoming. If we come back to Hoi An, we'll definitely stay there again!

• Stayed June 2014, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Buddy S
Ho Chi Minh City, Vietnam
Reviewed 3 July 2014

I am a Ho Chi Minh city citizen but my home town is Danang. My wife and I would like to spend our holidays in Danang but some of our friends recommended Hội An instead. Initially, I denied this recommendation but my wife convinced me taking a trip to Hội An as we haven't been there for long. Search in Internet for an accommodation for 3 nights in Hội An, finally we chose Green Life because of its convenient location and comments from previous travelers, even it costs a little bit higher than the others but after staying there and have a chance to compare to the other hotels and home stays in Hội An, we can say that it was a right choice and worth with every penny we paid.
Understand our expectation for a private and "green life" room, Dung, the owner offered us a private room faced to the paddy field. It is not only a room, it is really an apartment! Nice decoration and clean. People there including the owners and staff are friendly and supportive.
I personally like the way Ngoc (Dung's wife) preparing breakfast for us. With support from the owner, we took a private trip to My Son; a heritage spot not so far from Hội An (I guess it is about 60km far from Hội An) by rental car with a reasonable price. We took bike to An Bang beach in next early morning. So beautiful beach with white sand and fresh air! On the way back, we explored Tra Que village. It was nice experiences to know how farmer plant vegetables and herbs. They encouraged us to try the farmer works with them! It was nice experiences!
We really enjoyed our holidays in Hội An and would like to thanks Dung and his family for their hospitality and supportive that making our holidays joyfully. We promised to come back Green Life with friends and family soon.

Hoang Cu Le
Ho Chi Minh city
Vietnam

Room Tip: Rooms on the paddy field site are excellent! Asking Dung (or his wife Ngoc) for car or motorbike ren...
  • Stayed June 2014, travelled as a couple
Woodinville, Washington
Reviewed 1 July 2014

Pros:
Amazing sunset/sunrise views from room and views of rice paddies
Great Vietnamese breakfast
Very friendly/accommodating staff
Updated style and clean room with all amenities
Short bike ride to downtown area and beaches

Cons:
None

I stayed a few nights and simply loved everything about it. It was quiet, clean, had great views and most importantly I felt I built a great personal connection with the owner, Dũng (pronounced Yum!). I asked about taking a motorbike ride from Hoi An to Hue and the owner himself offered to take me. Not only did he offer to take me, he let me drive his personal bike a good part of the way. I greatly appreciated his willingness to do both. On the way to Hue and in Hue, he took me to typical Vietnamese locations for coffee and beers. I enjoy experiencing real culture (not the tourist versions) and people watching so this was also much appreciated. His family that works at the hotel were all very friendly and deserve equal praise.

On a side note, he is planning to build beach-like bungalows on/near An Bang beach. He showed me some sample room build/designs and it looks great. I told him I'd make a trip back to Hoi An just to see it and stay when completed.

• Stayed June 2014, travelled solo
Ho Chi Minh City, Vietnam
Reviewed 28 June 2014 via mobile

I stayed here for quite a while and never got tired of it. Great views of the rice paddies while drinking coffee on my balcony or the roof top terrace.

Lovely hosts that always were willing to help with whatever you need in your room or advice for what to do in Hoi An.

Add to that the marvellous modern room design! It's my favourite place to stay in Hoi An.

Stayed June 2014, travelled solo
Montreal, Canada
Reviewed 26 June 2014 via mobile

The view is stuning, the room is huge and spotless!

Its a very charming hotel, and we loved the location, the staff is helpfull and nice. The breakfast on the rooftop is amazing and very generous.

Having said all that, the price is a but high, we had friend staying in another hotel with a pool very close for half the price! Even tough our room was nicer and bigger, I Still felt we paid à bit too much!

• Stayed June 2014
Reviewed 22 June 2014 via mobile

Like the name says, Green Life is beautifully located overlooking the rice fields, giving guests amazing tranquil views from the rice fields rooms and the breakfast terrace. I stay during my work trips in Hoi An, and the touches of a sophisticated yet humble boutique hotel are felt throughout. The tasteful decor appeals to the international traveler as the owner has experience in leading hospitality groups. The service makes it a fusion of a homestay and a boutique hotel - the in between where there is a 'home with heart'. Breakfasts are good, quiet location, spacious apartment style rooms, and the great range of DVDs... The owner also goes out of his way to cater for your needs as I am vegetarian he provided options for me. Special place with sophisticated charm. I had a chance to stay on the rice fields overlooking rooms as well as street facing and surprisingly the street facing rooms were not as noisy as I thought (actually serene and quiet too). So whichever room you get, all good. Lovely kitchenettes to go your own quick mini meals too. Close to the heart of Hoi An but away from the hustle and bustle:-) highly recommend this place.

• Stayed April 2014