Review Highlights
STAY AWAY!!

THIS PLACE IS A COMPLETE RIP OFF! After my shoes were completed wrong 2x they still refused to give... read more

Reviewed 8 March 2016
wonderlustflygrlks
My only bad experience in vietnam in one month ....

Nothing is ok in this shop, the lady is just a bad person who stole my money and dont give me my... read more

Reviewed 6 May 2015
Clem E

Top Selling Tours & Activities in and around Hoi An
from US$36.00
from US$54.00
from US$24.80
from US$83.00
More Info
See what travellers are saying:
Reviewed 14 July 2014

I stumbled across this place on my holiday in hoi an and the lady was very genuine (Kim anh) I showed her a photo and she took me to her house where they were being made so I could see exactly how they were being made and it was nothing short of amazing.
The fit was perfect and the leather is very soft!! Highly recommend!!

Date of experience: July 2014
1  Thank bridget378
Reviewed 9 April 2014 via mobile

This place was recommended by a friend who had sandals made, and as the other, good review is for sandals I'm willing to assume that maybe they do sandals well. But the boots I had made are horrible. When I first went for my fitting the boots I was shown looked nothing like the pictures we had discussed, the heel was different to the one we had chosen and the left boot was a size too big. After I complained Kim remade them, and at least they now fit, but they still don't look how I expected and the finish is cheap- the heel and sides of the sole are misshapen in parts and the pull-loops at the top of the boot are made of un-stitched, thin, cheap leather. The leather soles are unstitched and topped with an ugly beige non-slip surface. They obviously work off a standard boot pattern as the top of the boot is still nothing like the style I wanted- it's just wider than their first attempt. A friend had a pair of shoes made at the Friendly Shoe Shop down the road and I should have gone there as the quality was far superior, if slightly more expensive.

1  Thank Amfo
Reviewed 21 October 2013

What an experience! Very honest ladies to deal with and open to bargaining.
After the typhoon hit Hoi An, their trade, like the other traders, was drastically affected. Most tourists had been evacuated as a precaution which resulted in a mainstay trade downturn.
Yet they kept their chin up and faced adversity well.
Just when you thought it was safe to come out of the water, yet another minor hiccup took place. The sandals were delivered to the wrong hotel of the same brand and too late to be rectified before we left for Ho Chi Minh city.
These ladies made sure that the sandals were couriered to our hotel in HCM and we received it the day after our arrival on a Saturday at that. It would have been a great cost to them.
I salute their integrity and customer care.

Date of experience: October 2013