“STAY AWAY!!”

Add it.
Kim Anh Shoe Shop
Ranked #420 of 452 Shopping in Hoi An
Reviewed 8 March 2016

THIS PLACE IS A COMPLETE RIP OFF! After my shoes were completed wrong 2x they still refused to give me all of my money back and was way overcharged. Do yourself a favor and stay far away from this store!

Reviewed 6 May 2015

Nothing is ok in this shop, the lady is just a bad person who stole my money and dont give me my shoes. I ordered 2 pairs, and also said her i leave the day after, she said everything will be ok, but the shoes didn't fit, she took it and she never came back and never refunded my money .... such a bad person, such a bad shop.

1  Thank Clem E
Reviewed 29 January 2015 via mobile

This shop was recommended to me by a tour company.
I showed the lady photos of 3 pairs of shoes and she confidently told me she could copy them and they would look exactly like the pictures. The lady said they would be US$75-95 each pair. I thought this premium price meant they would be excellent quality. She tried to make me pay the full amount upfront and I said I was only willing to pay a deposit (US$110). She confirmed the deposit was refundable if I was unhappy with the shoes.
The lady then measured my foot by drawing around it on a piece of paper.
At the first fitting, the shoes were so ill fitting I couldn't even put them on. The enclosed shoes were 1-2 sizes too small and the open toed shoes the straps over my toes were much too big while the ankle straps were so small they didn't even reach around my ankle to do the shoe up. Beyond that, the quality was terrible. The leathers were not those I had picked samples of. There were chips in the heel and there were small tears in the leather around corners. There was glue oozing out from the sole. The heel was only glued on and peeled off with a small amount of force and the heel did not sit flat with the sole. The insole was wider than the shoe and just glued on with no stitching. The shoes also looked nothing like the picture and instead seemed to be made from a run-of-the-mill style, so much so that 2 of the pairs of shoes were now fairly identical.
I told the lady I was not happy with the shoes and pointed out all of the above problems and she assured me this was just the first fitting and these problems would be fixed for the second fitting.
Alas, at the second fitting the shoes still did not fit, the quality was still terrible and they still looked nothing like the pictures I had selected. I told her I was only willing to buy 2 pairs for a lower price, and the third pair was simply not acceptable and could not be fixed. She again told me she could fix the problems on the other 2 pairs. The lady brought the shoes to my hotel later that night and absolutely nothing had been fixed. At this point, with a flight the next morning, I told her I was very unhappy with the shoes and wanted my deposit refunded. The lady pretended to make a phone call and then rode off on her motorbike, leaving the shoes at my hotel. The next morning I went to the shop and found it was closed (at the same time I had been there the previous days) and the neighbouring shops said she was always open by now and she was not answering her mobile when they called. I sat outside the shop waiting for it to open and the lady drove past on her motorbike, saw me and looked the other way and sped off.
Absolutely disgusted with the lady's conduct and the service I was receiving, I contacted my tour guide who had recommended that shop and he was somehow able to get in contact with her and got her to open the shop and refund my deposit.
The shoes were terrible and the shop was awful to deal with - please go elsewhere in Hoi An to have shoes tailored. Kim Anh was a stressful and unpleasant experience all round.

1  Thank Tegan T
Reviewed 24 August 2014

We had this place recommended to us on our last visit to Hoi An and had 3 pairs made then so I knew they lasted well.
We returned this time and had 2 pairs of short boots and 2 pairs of sandals made.All leather inside and out.The selection of leathers is very extensive and you can pick any design.The lady who runs the shop is friendly and a good saleswoman.
Make sure you allow time for them to make them and do a return fitting(about 2days)
I had to had one pair adjusted and they delivered them to the hotel for us later that day.

If you want some shoes made to your foot size and still at a reasonable price give this place a go

1  Thank traceaus