“A little luxury!”

Anantara Hoi An Resort
Ranked #47 of 167 Hotels in Hoi An
Reviewed 5 December 2013

Stayed here for two nights as part of tour. Great location, only short walk into centre of town. Hotel had been evacuated due to flooding and typhoon a few days prior to our arrival. You wouldn't have thought so. All was up and running as normal, Great work by staff. Very close to river, lovely location and peaceful, great for relaxing if on a busy tour. Staff very approachable and happy to help. Rooms very comfortable.

Room Tip: Deluxe room had all you need!
  • Stayed: November 2013, travelled with family
NoelCameron, General Manager at Anantara Hoi An Resort, responded to this reviewResponded 20 December 2013

Dear Globetrotter Tyneside:

Thank you for visiting Anantara Hoi An and so glad to read that the service and the location made your stay a great experience.

Delighted to share your kind words with our dedicated team and hope to welcome you back soon to Anantara Hoi An.

Noel Cameron

Write a ReviewReviews (2,054)

Reviewed 1 December 2013

Stayed three nights.Hotel is located at end of main street,in walking distance of many local sights and restaurants.Large comfortable rooms,clean and tidy.Large clean swimming pool.Had a set evening meal in restaurant which was very good but staff tended to hover over us to take away plates as we took our last mouthful.Did not eat there on subsequent nights as there appeared to be only two set dinner menus which seemed ratther expensive.Stayed in ground floor room which has a pleasant ouside area,but many passing guests,and noted some noise late at night from room above.

Room Tip: Best have a room on top[3rd]floor to avoid noise from above.
  • Stayed: November 2013, travelled as a couple
1  Thank TravellerCleethorpes

Dear Traveler Cleethorpes

Thank you for taking the time to share your valuable feedback following your visit at Anantara Hoi An.

I am sorry to read about your impressions on menu offering at our resort and I assure you that we have an extensive array of menu choices in our three restaurants to cater for our guest’s desires. I do apologize that in your case these options were not offered to you and that you felt the team hovered in your presence.

I have personally been involved in these opportunities to improve our standards and I am happy to say that this has been implemented and I thank you for your constructive comments via trip advisor.

I do hope your travels will bring you soon back to Anantara Hoi An in the future and if so I would be delighted to welcome you personally to resort

Wishing you a joyful Holiday season,

Reviewed 30 November 2013

Although the Hotel was well situated a short walk from all the shops, restaurants, cafes & sights of the old town of Hoi An, it was a disappointment by South East Asian standards. The room was nice enough, and the service fine but not excellent. The pool area felt gloomy. There were insufficient staff there. They made no effort to see whether clients wanted a drink, perhaps the offer of cool towels might have been good. The breakfast was pedestrian, the staff were helpful enough but seemed to lack professionalism. There seemed to be an absence of management & training compared to other hotels in the region. This hotel is okay but has the potential to be very good or excellent given its privileged location.

Stayed: November 2013, travelled as a couple
1  Thank NW2FOODIE

Dear NW2Foodie:

Thank you for staying at Anantara Hoi An and for taking the time to share your valuable input with TripAdvisor’s readers

Please accept our sincere apologies as it appears that we fallen short in providing you with the Anantara experience you are to expect and fulfilling our promise to create an amazing story from your visit with us team.

Thank you for bringing up your candid feedback to our attention and please be assured that I have personally reviewed all service delivery in the property and we have implemented the required actions to ensure any such experiences are not encountered again. Should your travels bring you back to Hoi An, please feel free to contact me directly so that I may assist and restore your trust in our commitment to Anantara.

Reviewed 29 November 2013

I wanted to go back the minute I left! I'd go again. I enjoyed the bustle of Hoi an but it was tranquil to go back here and only a 5 minute walk. The staff were discreet but very helpful when you needed them. Our room was really nice with a private seating area in front. This was great if we didn't want to sit at the pool. Some of the poolside meals could be expensive but you were so close to the old town we mostly ate there.

• Stayed: March 2013
NoelCameron, General Manager at Anantara Hoi An Resort, responded to this reviewResponded 7 December 2013

Dear Amanda:

So glad to read that you enjoyed your stay with us and the service of our team!
Our oasis amidst the charming town of Hoi An is looking forward to welcoming you soon!

Cheers,

Reviewed 28 November 2013

We loved our stay here. First stop, and still suffering from jetlag, it was a relaxing start to our vacation. The Old Town is literally right outside the door of the hotel. Hotel staff were friendly and gracious, and provided valuable info on places to see and places to dine in the Old Town. Enjoyed morning yoga. If your class members are novices, they will cater to that level. Caution, yoga could be on a mat on concrete (not great) or in the covered, tiled area (better.)

Room Tip: We booked a river view. From our perspective we are glad we did. Garden views are pretty as well...
  • Stayed: November 2013, travelled as a couple

Dear Jean S;

Thank you for choosing Anantara Hoi An and taking the time to post your feedback on TripAdvisor.
Glad to read that you enjoyed our yoga class and thank you for mentioning the location of the mats, we have shared your input with the team and this has been corrected.

Enjoy your journey discovering our beautiful country,

Reviewed 25 November 2013

We had a most enjoyable stay at this hotel and did not experience any noise from fellow guests or any tour parties.

We had booked a de luxe room but were up graded to a ground floor junior suite which was excellent. A huge room with a beautiful bathroom and everything we needed for a comfortable three night stay.Everything was very clean and hosekeeping was very good.

Breakfast was very enjoyable with a huge selection of food and drinks.

The only thing we could find to slightly critise was the swimming pool as we felt it was a bit small and shallow for the size of hotel but it was wonderful to use after a hot and humid morning sightseeing.The sun beds are a bit close together and if the hotel was full I'm not sure there would be enough.

The hotel is in an ideal position within a short walk from the market,river and the centre of Hoi An,we really enjoyed the walk even though it was very hot and humid in August.We also used the laundry just outside the hotel and received excellent service for a moderate cost.

We would certainly stay at this hotel again although we prefer smaller boutique type hotels.

Stayed: August 2013, travelled as a couple
NoelCameron, General Manager at Anantara Hoi An Resort, responded to this reviewResponded 30 November 2013

Dear Joandgr

Thank you for taking the time to share your valuable input about your stay at Anantara Hoi An.
As you mentioned, the lovely historic town of Hoi An is just steps away from our tranquil and relaxing resort and a refreshing swim is a great way to refresh after a few hours of shopping.

Looking forward to welcoming you back at Anantara Hoi An,

Reviewed 16 November 2013

We were so looking forward to visiting Hoi An and staying at the Anantara. The hotel is well located near the old town and near several terrific restaurants, and from what we saw during our 2 night stay, the buildings were quite attractive. Our second floor river front suite was comfortable and quite large.

But this is a large hotel and there were at least 4 different tour groups staying at the hotel...not what I expected from a $235 per night hotel. And as expected with tour groups, they tended to be loud in the common areas. So it wasn't the serene experience we hoped for!

The staff seemed a bit harried and English seemed a problem for many. And with all the tour groups staying there and needing assistance, I didn't feel that the service orientation was extraordinary.

Breakfasts were expansive but I found the food fairly ordinary, well below the caliber of breakfasts at most of the other, smaller hotels we stayed in throughout SE Asia.

So, all in all, I was disappointed. I expected something much more than average!

Stayed: November 2013, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Sallie L
NoelCameron, General Manager at Anantara Hoi An Resort, responded to this reviewResponded 21 November 2013

Dear twofoodies:

Thank you for taking time to share your feedback regarding your recent stay.
At Anantara Hoi An, we are passionate about providing each guest with a highly attentive and personalized level of service. I was therefore disappointed to learn that on this occasion it appears we did not achieve this. Please accept my sincere apologies that you were left to feel disappointed.

On a positive note, I am happy to read that you were able to take advantage of Anantara Hoi An’s great location and that you were comfortable in the spacious river front suit. We pride ourselves on this offering and our guests often comment on the generous size of our rooms.
Notwithstanding, it was with concern that I came to learn of your experience with other guests during your stay, and I regret you found some to be loud in common areas. May I please request you to consider this an isolated incident, not reflective of a typical experience in our hotel.

I have noted your comments regarding certain team member’s conversational skills. Rest assured, we are actively and continuously identifying language needs for each staff member and run an ongoing and intensive training programme in this regard. We are also constantly reviewing our menu selection and we regularly change our offering to meet our guests’ expectations and preferences.

While I appreciate that these initiatives cannot make up for your stay, I do hope we will have the opportunity to restore your confidence in our hotel. Should you be returning to Hoi An in the near future, I welcome you to contact me directly – I can personally assure you we will make every effort to surpass your expectations.