“Very good place to stay in a beautiful place”

Anantara Hoi An Resort
Ranked #46 of 162 Hotels in Hoi An
Reviewed 11 February 2014

Great setting, with very good facilities. Our room was fine (unfortunately I had a heavy cold and ended up having to spend two afternoons in bed!); we used the 'cafe' for lunch on our arrival from Hue and the bar for drinks in the evening, plus the restaurant for breakfast.
Well recommended - we would certainly go back as Hoi An is a very special place.

• Stayed: January 2014, travelled as a couple
NoelCameron, General Manager at Anantara Hoi An Resort, responded to this reviewResponded 12 February 2014

Dear GrumpsDC

We are ever so sorry to hear you came all this way to our amazing location of Anantara Hoi An only to be bedridden with a cold. Thank you very much for recommending us and I do hope that I can personally welcome you back in the near future, more and more people who visit us a realizing Hoi An is a destination in itself.

See you soon and best wishes for a speedy recovery.
Noel & the team

Reviewed 9 February 2014

We stayed at anatara for three fantastic nights. The staff were all extremely friendly and helpful. In particular Ny in the resataurant. She was outstanding. We ate dinner there twice and it was brilliant. The resort is extremely well laid out.
Would recommend to all my friends. Don't change a thing.

Stayed: February 2014, travelled with family
NoelCameron, General Manager at Anantara Hoi An Resort, responded to this reviewResponded 11 February 2014

Dear MJS59

Thank you so much for sharing on social media all your amazing experiences about our incredible team and our beautiful property. I am honored to share your comments with Ny and the entire team and thanks for recommending us. The only changes will be our continued heartfelt passion to constantly improve. Thank you again and I do hope to be able to welcome you back in the future

Reviewed 8 February 2014 via mobile

The setting is lovely but I felt the hotel lacked atmosphere. The staff were helpful but I felt I could have been anywhere. We later stayed at the Essence Hotel which I much preferred. I guess I expected more and maybe was unrealistic. Loved hoi an however.

Stayed: February 2014, travelled with friends
2  Thank V R

Dear stilltravellingirl

Thanks for sharing your comments and I would have been delighted to meet with you in person whilst you stayed with us at Anantara Hoi An Resort to hear how the team and I could have assisted to make your stay a more memorable one. I am thrilled you loved Hoi An and we also love the town, the ease of a walk from the tranquility of our absolute river frontage colonial style resort into the thrill of the old town, its unparalleled in Hoi An. I am pleased however that your second choice was an enjoyable one. I do hope we can welcome you in the future to another of our unique Anantara properties and I would be delighted to assist should this be of interest to you.

Reviewed 7 February 2014

Originally booked in at a boutique hotel at the beach but "evacuated" here due to Typhoon Hayan.
And we couldn't have been evacuated anywhere better. We loved Hoi An and loved this hotel - excellent rooms , plenty of space, wonderful staff, very attractive hotel and well laid out. Ate in the hotel one night only because of the typhoon but was probably the best meal we had in Hoi An and we had some great ones. As I said all the staff were wonderful but particular mention to Ny , one of the waitresses in the restaurant who was a delight. Absolutely loved Hoi An and loved the Anantara - thank you

Stayed: November 2013, travelled as a couple

Dear simontkent

We really do appreciate all of your kind words you have shared and especially during this tragic event that passed through our beautiful region. We are happy to say that the hotels have recovered and the amazing life in Hoi An has returned to normal. The team will be just delighted when I share your beautiful comments with them and please do not hesitate to contact me if you are planning to return to Anantara Hoi An again

Reviewed 7 February 2014

We spent 2 nights at the Anantara in January 2014, and were delighted with our stay.

Our room was on the first floor a junior suite with an outdoor sitting area overlooking the gardens. It was large, extremely comfortable and very quiet, so we enjoyed a great night’s sleep.

An interesting shower/bath – sunken and made of reconstituted stone, but good water pressure for the rainforest shower head.

The staff were extremely helpful and pleasant, breakfast good, with a wide choice of both western & Vietnamese foods, served in the semi-outdoor dining room.

The main attraction, of course, is the hotel’s proximity to Hoi An city, which meant that you could walk everywhere, and there were almost any number of good restaurants at hand. For further trips the hotel provided bikes although we didn’t risk life nor limb taking them up on the offer – especially as it was during the Tet celebrations and even more chaos than normal seemed to envelope everywhere.

One interesting first were the women at the main gate touting for local laundry services (makes a change from some of the services we have been offered in other places) – but we can confirm that they are genuine, good work and a great deal cheaper than the hotel.

Room Tip: Almost any room
  • Stayed: January 2014, travelled as a couple
NoelCameron, General Manager at Anantara Hoi An Resort, responded to this reviewResponded 8 February 2014

Dear Briangb

Thank you very much for all your wonderful observations about Anantara Hoi An resort and our amazing city.

We are delighted you have had such a memorable experience in just two days and would love to be able to welcome you back in the future for a longer stay with us as you will continue to be thrilled at what is on offer.

Thank you also for sharing such experience with us and if you need any future assistance please feel free to contact me direct

Reviewed 6 February 2014 via mobile

My partner and I stayed at the Anantara resort late January and found it amazing!. As a well travelled couple we love to experience new countries, cultures and cuisines. It astounds us at the time and energy people put into such poor comments... We would not change one thing about the resort. The staff were friendly, approachable and will do anything to ensure you are happy.. The food was ridiculously good to the point where I wish I could find it here... Look out for the trendy poolside bar and the potent margaritas. They were delicious!.
We would stay at the resort again and recommend it to all our friends and family.
C and D
Australia

Stayed: January 2014, travelled as a couple
NoelCameron, General Manager at Anantara Hoi An Resort, responded to this reviewResponded 7 February 2014

Dear Chloe_tab

It was amazing this morning to see the smiles on the teams face as we shared such a kind and objective review of Anantara Hoi An. Thanks so much for choosing to stay with us and we would be thrilled to welcome you back in the future.

We are determined to continue to constantly improve and evolve and in doing so create amazing stories for our guests to take with them from Anantara Hoi An. Please do not hesitate to contact me in the future if I may be of any assistance.

Kind regards, the Anantara Associates and Noel

Reviewed 3 February 2014 via mobile

We stayed 8 days in the hotel and overall it was very good. Spacious rooms , lovely pool, good breakfast, bicycles to enjoy, friendly staff. The only disappointment was the manager who looked miserable the entire time. Shame. We never ate meals in the hotel as there are plenty of cheerful places around. We would go back as it remains a unique hotel.

• Stayed: January 2014
NoelCameron, General Manager at Anantara Hoi An Resort, responded to this reviewResponded 11 November 2014

Dear Mary B

Thank you very much for your recommendation and for choosing to stay with us here at Anantara Hoi An Resort during your visit to this unique destination.

We are delighted that your stay has culminated in so many amazing memories and we do hope that these will result in a return visit in the future.

On behalf of the team and I, thank you again for your amazing review and its been a pleasure to be of service to you