“Absolutely stunning!!”

Anantara Hoi An Resort
Ranked #47 of 159 Hotels in Hoi An
Reviewed 21 March 2014

This place is amazing!!! Could not fault it!

The service was amazing, I got quite sick at the resort they arranged for a doctor to visit me on site room and the cost was not even enough to bother claiming on my insurance!

We made the most of all the classes the resort offered, painting, lantern making, boat cruise, we took a guided city walking tour with a resort staff member. All of it was excellent I highly recommend it!

The air conditioning in the room is amazing as it gets pretty hot here you need it!! Swimming pool and day spa were fantastic, I booked a full day spa package and have never felt so relaxed.

This is definietly the place to book when visiting Hoi An! We will be back!

• Stayed: February 2014, travelled with friends
NoelCameron, General Manager at Anantara Hoi An Resort, responded to this reviewResponded 27 March 2014

Dear Rochelle T

Thank you for being a part of Anantara Hoi An Resort and for sharing your incredible journey and stories here on social media. Our team are delighted that we have created so many amazing memories for you to take with you and look back on, also please accept our sincere thanks for your kind recommendations.

When that time does come for you to return please do contact me direct and I will be more than happy to assist accordingly as well as with any other of our other unique Anantara products.

On behalf of the team and I again, thank you and kind regards

There are newer reviews for Anantara Hoi An Resort

Reviewed 21 March 2014

We stayed for 4 nights, wife & myself and our 2 kids (3 years & 7 months baby). Made to feel very welcomed the entire trip. From the airport transfer with the cold, refreshing towels, to the welcome and introduction at check-in, there was welcome snacks and drinks for the adults and some welcome sweets for the kids (nice!).

At check-in, we were told we were given the river view junior suite (thanks for the upgrade). Very nice, large room and an nice aroma similar to other Anantara properties. The kids loved splashing in the pool, and the hotel surroundings were just so beautiful and well maintained.

The staff were the stand out for this property. Always greeting us with Xin Chao or a smile as we walked around. Management was visible and proactive in asking after our well-being. I would like to point out a staff, Ho Thi Lai (I hope I got her name right), she particularly took care to remember our names, provided great tips and made arrangements for our activities.

Breakfast was top quality with good variety. Our favorite was the beef pho and personally I couldn't get enough of the pennywort juice. We also had an afternoon tea at the riverside cafe, which was a good mix of savouries and desserts.

We used the daily shuttle to An Bang beach, also took a nice hour long boat ride on the Thu Bon river. There were also bicycles for rent, useful for riding into town, I used it mainly to grab Banh Mi from the nearby famous stall.

Location wise the hotel was a nice 10 minutes stroll to the ancient town. We usually made dinner reservations with help from the staff and had a lovely time just exploring the town. So beautiful with the lanterns.

This was our 1st trip to Vietnam and our 1st stay since becoming AVC diamond members. We enjoyed it so very much and look forward to continue our travels with the Anantara group. Anantara Hoi An is a special place and we hope we have the opportunity to visit again.

• Stayed: March 2014, travelled with family
2  Thank HappyBingo

Dear HappyBingo

Welcome to the Anantara family and thank you for choosing Anantara Hoi An resort to experience Vietnam for the first time. You have captured the essence of what makes us truly unique and thank you very much for sharing your incredibly journey, stories and recommendations here on social media.
It has been a genuine delight to have your family and you stay with us and I do look forward to seeing you all again in the not too distant future I hope.

If I may be of any assistance in a future booking please do not hesitate to contact me and

On behalf of Ms Lai, the team and I thank you again and kind regards

Reviewed 20 March 2014

Great place to relax after the culture of Hue.
Made to feel really welcome on our arrival, with some nice little 'extras' (flower petals and cakes) waiting for us in our room.
Very nice pool area with full service of drinks and snacks. In the evening, a sadly under-subscribed buffet barbecue in front of the cocktail bar, serving very good local and European style food. A very welcome Happy Hour in the cocktail bar, but we did wonder sometimes how much, or how little, alcohol went into the drinks.
Breakfasts were great, with buffet with wide choice of food, including Pho, of course.
Ideally placed on the river for evening walks, a short didtance from all the action in Hoi An town.

• Stayed: February 2014, travelled as a couple
2  Thank welshprince

Dear welshprince

Thank you for choosing Anantara Hoi An Resort during your vacation in Vietnam. You have encountered so many amazing experiences and we appreciate the fact that you have taken the time to share these on social media, we also thank you for your recommendation.

I would also like to share that Anantara strictly adheres to exacting standards in all our areas and offerings including beverage measures. I am sincerely sorry that in your experience you feel that this has not been reflected. I would be delighted experience a story or two over a cocktail with you on your next visit and please feel free to contact me directly if I may be of future assistance.

Reviewed 19 March 2014

We spent 4 very enjoyable nights here. On check in we were given a snack and tea which was a lovely touch. However, they wanted to charge our credit card $80 and refund any money at the end. Refunds can often take weeks to process so we suggested no credit card but gave them the cash instead. This was the first hotel do want to do this on our 4 week trip. Our deluxe garden view room on the 3 rd floor was quiet and spacious. Outdoor lounges, split level lounge and bedroom sections and very large bathroom area. We spent our afternoons around the beautiful pool. It is a short easy walk to the shops, markets restaurants and the lantern bridge. Night time in Hoian is magical with all the colourful lanterns and lights. We had clothes made at 24h around the corner from the hotel and very happy with the finished product. Did the Red Bridge cooking school, a real highlight of our trip. Loved Streets restaurant and Morning Glory. Happy hour at the Heritage bar with snacks was good as was the coffee shop. Breakfast was adequate and we loved the poached eggs. They have free push bikes to use. We got a taxi to Cui Dai beach and was $3 each way. Really loved our stay here.

Stayed: March 2014, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Debba123

Dear Debra123

Warm regards from Anantara Hoi An Resort and thank you for choosing to stay with us as well as taking the time to share all of your amazing experiences and encounters you have had in the unique world heritage site. We are all thrilled that you have “loved your stay here”.

I would like to clarify the credit card comment that we do not charge but we take a pre-authorization of an agreed amount. I am sincerely sorry if this has been interpreted in another way and I have reviewed communications with our team.

If I may assist in future plans to welcome you back to Anantara Hoi An resort please do not hesitate to contact me and I will be delighted to be of assistance.

Noel Cameron.

Reviewed 19 March 2014

The room accommodations were excellent featuring all the amenities. The staff from the welcome staff to the laundry service were accommodating. I traveled with a couple who inadvertently left money in a pants pocket and the laundry immediately returned it. The spa was very nice, beautiful surroundings and staff did fine job with a massage. The breakfast choices were aplenty and unique. Proximity to the lovely town of Hoi An was outside the gate. Wished we had stayed more yah two days!

Room Tip: Ground floor near the pool or facing the river
  • Stayed: February 2014, travelled with friends

Dear Deborah W

I am incredibly proud to read your generous social media posting and I thank you for taking the time to acknowledge the unique honesty of our team. We are all extremely proud of each other and I am delighted that the same team at Anantara Hoi An Resort has created such a memorable time for you.

I would be honored to thank you in person if you are ever passing this way again as well as assisting in a return stay with us.

On behalf of the entire team, thank you again and kind regards

Reviewed 17 March 2014

We stayed for 6 nights early March and were impressed with its great location to the old town, market, restaurants & massage parlours. Accommodation was smart, clean & staff were very friendly. Breakfast was better here than other hotels we stayed in during our trip. Read the reviews about the safety in the old market, but don't let this put you off staying here. It was nice to find that there were no children staying here during our stay, which is probably down to the lack of suitable entertainment. Just out side the entrance is a old lady with a shop selling the normal tourist souvenirs, T-shirts etc (no hagglin, fixed price) which turned out to be the best quality and cheapest we found in our Asia tour. Sorry to digress - other convenient places on the door stop include, Body Works Spa (great massages), White Lotus Restaurant, Hoi An Photo Tours Gallery.

Room Tip: Our ground floor garden room did have a bit of a musty smell and noise from neighbours. First floor...
  • Stayed: March 2014, travelled as a couple

Dear Morganbear

On behalf of the team and I thank you for staying with us at Anantara Hoi An Resort and for sharing a sprinkling of this amazing World Heritage town of Hoi An as well as the finer points of our resort.
Hope to welcome you back again in the near future.

Reviewed 15 March 2014

This hotel is great, in a great location. It has good food, great service and is situated on the river in a lovely town. The local people are very friendly and this is reflected in the hotel service. The rooms are a delight.

Stayed: March 2014, travelled as a couple
2  Thank Stoneleigh

Dear Stoneleigh

Thanks for sharing your amazing Anantara stories here on social media.
We are thrilled that Anantara Hoi An Resort has created such a great impression on you, hope to see you again real soon.

Noel