“Anantara resort Hoi An Vietnam”

Anantara Hoi An Resort
Ranked #45 of 157 Hotels in Hoi An
Reviewed 5 April 2014

We loved this resort. What a magnificent pool area with fantastic personalised service. The pool and surrounds are a special feature. In general the grounds are immaculate, manicured and beautiful and the buildings inside and out are fastidiously maintained. This is a well managed resort. Breakfast area, upstairs and open overlooking the river, is excellent as is the food and service.

I heard someone say their room, which fronted the river was noisy because of the fairly constant movement of 'pop pop' boats up and down. We didn't find this at all. Our room, (115) was superb-quiet, well appointed and spotless. The domestic staff serviced the room twice a day and it felt like pampered luxury. Be careful with the floor in the shower area because it can be a bit slippery when wet.

Originally we were booked to stay at a resort at the beach. I am glad we changed to Anantara Hoi An itself. As New Zealanders we weren't too impressed by either of the beaches (pretty touristy-brash-developed) compared to what we have at our backdoor but even more importantly we were glad we were by the old quarter of Hoi An with all its features. This resort is so handy to everything that we wanted to experience in Hoi An and both beaches are a very short cycle if that is what you want.

Nice relaxing place to spend 4 days-unreservedly recommend it.

3  Thank mussos
NoelCameron, General Manager at Anantara Hoi An Resort, responded to this reviewResponded 13 April 2014

Dear mussos
Thank you very taking the time to share all of you amazing memories of your recent stay at Anantara Hoi An Resort on social media. I am delighted that we have created so many incredible experiences for you and you really have captured the true essence of Anantara Hoi An Resort and its amazing association with the world heritage city of Hoi An.
I do hope your future travels will involve another visit and if so I would be delighted to be of assistance a future booking with us, hope to see you again soon and again, thank you for your amazing posts.

There are newer reviews for Anantara Hoi An Resort

Reviewed 2 April 2014

A wonderful hotel in beautiful surroundings with first class care and attention. I was on an organised tour of Indo China and stayed at this hotel, sadly for just two nights. Unfortunately, after dinner on the first evening there, I became poorly and fainted, suffering from exhaustion. The care and attention I received that evening could not have been better. The following morning I did manage to go for a very light breakfast and was most touched by the number of staff who came to see how I was feeling. I decided to miss out on the tour around the town with the others in my group but have a quiet morning in my room and walking around the hotel grounds. Anantara is right on the riverfront. I had only walked a few steps when there were two or three men planting flowers around a tree and a gentleman standing, who I thought was in some sort of hotel uniform. This was, in fact, Mr. Tieng, the hotel Chief Engineer. When he realised why I was on my own, he took me for a short walk along the riverfront and back through the town. He even adjusted the air con in my room for me to a lower temperature! Thanks to his great kindness I did get to see part of Hoi An town with a "personal" guide! My thanks also go to Mr. Tuan, who I think was Front of House Manager, who came to find me whilst I was having something to eat at lunch, purely to ask if I felt better.
I'm just so disappointed that our group was not staying at Anantara for longer. I'd like to spend my 80th birthday there but don't think I could cope with the long flight - who knows!!

• Stayed: March 2014, travelled solo
2  Thank globetrotting n
NoelCameron, General Manager at Anantara Hoi An Resort, responded to this reviewResponded 19 April 2014

Dear globetrotting n

Thank you very much for such an amazing story you have so kindly shared with us here on social media and thank you very for taking the time to publish this with us all. The team is extremely proud that we have made such a unique and positive impression on you and your vacation to this magical part of the world.

You have encountered the true heartfelt hospitality of the Anantara people and I am delighted that you have enjoyed.

I would be honored to be of assistance for that next trip you are thinking about and on behalf of us all we would be thrilled to welcome you again anytime here at Anantara Hoi An Resort.

Thank you again and we wish you many more unique and fabulous travels experiences.

On behalf of Mr Tieng, Mr Tuan, the team and I
Noel

Reviewed 2 April 2014

Stayed at the Anantara after being at the Victoria Resort at Cua Dai. No comparison - the hotel is top class and the location is sooo close to Ancient town. We had the pleasure of being upgraded to a riverfront junior suite (we'd booked a garden view) which was very welcome. Breakfast had a good range of food - the only downside was the bread. I had hoped for lovely french baguettes and french sticks but the consistency was very much (what I call) Asian cake bread. However if that is the only negative… The spa was lovely and I had a hot stone massage. The pool was lovely and had plenty of shade. We booked a river cruise one afternoon which was a great way to see Hoi An Ancient town and surrounds. We also had the pleasure of meeting the painter who brought us bottles of water because he thought we looked hot while sitting on our balcony enjoying the river view. It was a lovely gesture from a wonderful gentleman. Noel the manager spoke to my partner and was very complimentary about his staff which is also a good sign of a great hotel. Recommend this hotel to anyone who wishes to be close to the Ancient town but with the amenities of a top class hotel.

2  Thank Lake_Eildon

Dear Lake Eildon

You have captured so many amazing experiences during your stay at Anantara Hoi An Resort and we are all delighted that the people and the property have left such lasting memories with you.

Thank you for sharing these on social media and for taking the time out of you day to do this. I do look forward to the opportunity to welcome you back in we hope the not too distant future so you can continue to add to the already unique experiences gained on your last visit.

Reviewed 1 April 2014

We stayed here for 9 nights which seemed to be unusual for the staff as most people only stay a few nights. The hotel is beautiful and tranquil, the staFf are lovely and very freindly. The pool was great and a fab place for relaxing or taking a short walk into the old town.Free bikes were a nice touch and great for getting around the town and country. We had dinner one night and the only critisism we had were that the staff outnumbered the guests ( 8 people ) and the barbeque was on offer. We felt the staff a little too attentive, we hadnt even ordered when the barbeque was delivered to one of our friends, we sent it back. The food was good. We also had afternoon tea which for vietnam wasnt cheap but the tea was delivered in mugs well before the food and we sent it back, 25 minutes later the tea and food arrived again the tea was in mugs which spoilt it a bit as we expected to have a tea pot. But this is just a small niggle we would highly reccomend this hotel to anyone and if going back to Hoi Ann would choose this hotel again

Room Tip: they are all good although it would have been nice to have one overlooking the river
  • Stayed: March 2014, travelled with friends

Dear Valron 1947

Thank you for being a part of Anantara Hoi An Resort and for taking the time to share your experiences on social media. We are delighted you chose to stay for so long with us and the unique city of Hoi An does provide so many opportunity’s to enjoy as well spending quality time relaxing at Anantara Hoi An Resort.

Thank you also for your comments on food and beverage in our resort and which I am pleased to advise have been positively addressed.

We do appreciate your recommendation and I look forward to being of any assistance that you may require should you plan to return to this amazing destination.

Reviewed 1 April 2014

The Anantara is part of a chain, run very efficiently and charmingly. The choice was between a beach hotel ,the Victoria, or this one on the river and close to the central tourist part of Hoi An. The rooms either face the central garden or the river and are rather dark, having seating at the entrance ,a sitting area ,up steps to bed and flat screen tv and then through to a bathroom. The bath was sunken and was glamorous but slippy. Down side was the subdued lighting everywhere except in the bathroom if you are a reader. The pool was very pleasantly laid out with spaces between loungers, plenty of shade and a bar and pasta station for light food. Also two very nice pavilions for fresh breezes off the river. I could have watched the river all day. Healthy snacks and drinks were brought around at intervals and fruit on kebab sticks which was a pleasant gesture. The clientele seemed mainly Australian as there is a direct flight I was told from Darwin to Da nang. Otherwise cycllng groups and independent travellers. The breakfasts were very good international but with very busy chefs producing pancakes,omelettes of all sorts and interesting healthy concoctions of herbs. The setting is lovely and the hotel is a short walk from the restaurants and sights of Hoi An

Room Tip: No lifts and not all rooms have a bath. River rooms could be noisy as it's a working river .

Dear Mansell-11

We are thrilled that you have encountered so many amazing experiences with us here at Anantara Hoi An Resort and for sharing these on social media.

Hoi An has so many unique attractions and the results are seen in the daily welcoming of people from all corners of the globe to this word heritage destination.
If the team or I may be of any assistance at all regarding your return journey please do contact me direct and I will be delighted to be of assistance.

Reviewed 30 March 2014

The hotel is by the river in Hoi An but just outside the main town, so it is a calm space in a frenetic city. The rooms are lovely with lots of space, ours overlooked the river. Everything is clean and well maintained and the staff are friendly and helpful. It would have been nice to have a gym but otherwise no complaints at all.

Room Tip: It was worth spending the extra on a river view room
  • Stayed: March 2014, travelled as a couple
NoelCameron, General Manager at Anantara Hoi An Resort, responded to this reviewResponded 31 March 2014

Dear Charlie M

Thanks for sharing your amazing experiences on social media and for choosing to stay with us at Anantara Hoi An Resort.
The team and I are delighted you have had such a memorable time with us and I do hope we can welcome you back in the near future.

Reviewed 29 March 2014

Excellent location next to the river and at the edge of Hoi An town. It was possible to walk to most of the amazing restaurants. We had a junior suite with garden view and it was well worth the extra money. The breakfasts were also very good with a good selection of Western and Asian food . We would have liked to have spent more time by the pool but it was still coolish so not possible. We enjoyed the bar but did not eat in the restaurant as there was such a great choice in Hoi An. In Vietnam the days starts early (5am) and the Public Address system is used to provide music and news to the local people. This also acted as an alarm call for us although we did not want to be woken at 5am. This is not the fault of the hotel and we would definitely recommend it as a place to stay.

• Stayed: February 2014, travelled as a couple

Dear DJJH

Thank you very much for choosing to stay with us at Anantara Hoi An Resort and for sharing all of your amazing stories on social media. We are thrilled the resort has made such a memorable impression on you and that you have captured that true essence of this amazing destination and its beautiful people.

If I may ever be of any assistance for a return journey to this unique city of Hoi An please do contact and I will be happy to help.