“Lovely!”

Ranked #40 of 144 Hotels in Hoi An
Wantirna, Victoria
“Lovely!”
Reviewed 24 August 2014

A great resort close to restaurants and good shops. The rooms are spacious and the staff so friendly and helpful. Two minor points which we found slightly annoying - the first was the shower. Why is it considered a great design to have showers without screens or curtains? It may be trendy but it only results in water over the bathroom floor and soggy bath mats. The second was the pool. It is beautiful to look in a lovely setting but the water was no cooler than the weather! Otherwise the resort was lovely.

• Stayed August 2014, travelled as a couple
NoelCameron, General Manager at Anantara Hoi An Resort, responded to this review, 25 August 2014
Dear Elzed

Warm regards from Anantara Hoi An Resort and thank you for choosing to stay with us while you were visiting Vietnam.

I do appreciate your objective feedback and I will certainly look into the possibilities surrounding improvement opportunities for the shower.

Thank you again for staying with us and I do hope to be able to welcome you back in the near future

Noel Cameron

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (464)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Greek first
  • Korean first
  • Polish first
  • Vietnamese first
Stockholm, Sweden
Reviewed 24 August 2014

This hotel seems to mainly cater to large groups. Hotel staff seem to have seen too many guests already and was not too keen of seeing more of them. But if you have a busy tour schedule and will be out of the hotel most of the time anyway this is a good alternative with easy walking distance to the center of town.

One night they offered silent movie showing in the main bar. Nice touch. Only that there were only the two of us in the bar and the staff seemed like they would have liked us gone as well. Towards the end of the movie the movie broke down but nothing was done to fix it.

Average room with nice view of the river from seating outside the entrance door. Average breakfast.

Room Tip: Junior River View Suite
  • Stayed May 2014, travelled as a couple
Dear bee438

Thank you for staying with us here at Anantara Hoi An Resort and for sharing your feedback here on social media.

Bee, over the years Anantara Hoi An Resort has ensured many guests leave with memorable holiday experiences following their stay with us.
As General Manager I am always keen to meet as many guests as possible during their time staying with us and I would have been delighted to have met you in person whilst you were in residence and listened to any concerns that that you may have had with the view to constantly improve our product. Please allow me to assure you I would have made every effort to ensure that you left with the amazing memories that make Anantara Hoi An so special.

Thank you again for staying with us and kind regards
Derby, United Kingdom
Reviewed 23 August 2014

The Anantara is a quiet hotel about a slow 10 minute walk from the Old Town with lots of restaurants and the main tourist sights.
There are plenty of restaurants near the hotel so if you don't want to walk of evening you don't need to.
If you require any laundry there are numerous places right outside the resort entrance but as a warning as soon as you walk out of the resort during the day you have lots of ladies shouting laundry and trying to give you their business card.

This only happens during the day in an evening it's nice and quiet outside.

We had a lovely River View room and we heard more from boats on the river than we did scooters or motorbikes on the small lane between the river and resort.
The air conditioning in our room was very quiet and we could hardly hear it even though it was on full power.

The staff were all excellent always spoke when ever they saw you and went out of their way to make your stay as enjoyable as possible and were always willing to give advice and tips on where to go and what to see.

The room we had was an excellent size, with a separate seating area with a large bathroom with a sunken bath and plenty of space for our clothes which is unusual for a lot of hotels.

Breakfast was the usual buffet style not the largest choice but still plenty of choice to suit all tastes.

The food served in the hotel is good quality but as per normal for all hotels it is more expensive than outside restaurants.

The hotel provide free bikes as well but we didn't take advantage of these during our stay.

It isn't the biggest resort so it has a slightly smaller pool than a lot of other places but the only complaint I could find with the resort is the lack of sun beds but the odd person does come and get a sun bed then go off and do other things and then come back.

A nice touch is the free iced water and fruit that is given to you round the pool if you are there t the right time.
On my next trip to Hoi An this is certainly the place I will stay and would recommend it to friends and family.

• Stayed August 2014, travelled as a couple
Dear John W

On behalf of the team and I thank you very much for staying with us at Anantara Hoi An Resort during your trip to Vietnam and we are thrilled your time with us has resulted in so many amazing stories to share.

It has been a genuine pleasure to be of service to you and we thank you also for sharing your experiences on social media.

Should your future travel plans see you visiting the ancient city of Hoi An again I would be delighted to welcome you back to stay with us and offer any assistance that you may require.

Washington DC, District of Columbia
Reviewed 22 August 2014

Wonderful hotel that is within easy walking distance of all of Hoi An. Hotel staff are fantastic and work around the clock to provide excellent service. Rooms are fantastic, great layout, great views. While the pool is smaller than some resorts, it is quiet and a blissful escape from the heat. Staff are willing to set up any excursion/services needed. Highly recommend.

Room Tip: pay for river view, it is barely a larger expense and exponentially worth while
  • Stayed July 2014, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Jnmoe72
Dear Jnmoe72

We are thrilled that your stay with us has resulted in so many delightful experiences and thank you very much for choosing to stay at Anantara Hoi An during your time in Vietnam.

Thank you also for taking the time to share all of your experiences on social media and I do look forward to welcoming you again soon.

Reviewed 21 August 2014 via mobile

I was lucky to attend the hotel earlier this month with my family.
Very often, a stay is depending on the hotel itself of course but also on his staff.
I must say I was lucky to have met someone (under the name of Duc) who recommended us with good restaurants and was always very helpful when it came to get some tips regarding the area as far as where to go, how to go and what to expect, in addition to fulfil special request such as B'day cake for one of my son.
However, I could not say the same for the rest of the staff when it came to check out.
I was actually very surprised I had to wait fo so long to check out whereas I received the bill the night before. More precisely, I woke up early as I had a flight to catch and went to the front desk to pay the bill. As the lady was not able to set up the the total amount, she told me to get my breakfast and come back so it would be ready.
Well, after 20 mn breakfast, I came back but still had to wait for 15 more minutes... Anyway! I was on vacation after all...
As far as the hotel itself, it is well located but not as peacefull as we could expect.
The room we had was nice but noisy as the engine for the air condition was likely to be behind our wall... In addition, at first I was surprised for not having a view on the river but I soon understood it was worth not having it. More precisely, there is a road between the hotel and the river which is quite used by scooters and motorbikes.
Therefore I suggest the visitor to choose the courtyard, more quiet.
We also appreciated the fact that the hotel had bicycles at disposal.
However, I recommend to check out the tires before using them. While riding one of them and far away from the hotel, one of the tires exploded due to the the fact that bicycles were quiet old and consequently their tires... Thks to very helpful Vietnamese peasants, we had it fixed!
Last but not least, I was very disapointed from the swimming pool. In fact it is more a space to cool off rather than swimming...
Apart from these little details, our stay went fine and I would recommend this hotel but for one day or two.

Stayed August 2014
1 Thank ilan l
Dear Rachelle_Darron

Thank you both very much for choosing to celebrate this amazing time in your lives with us here at Anantara Hoi An Resort. On behalf of the team and I we are thrilled that your stay has resulted in so many amazing stories to be shared and thank you for doing this here on social media.

Should your future anniversary plans bring you this way, or to another of Anantara’s unique destinations I would be delighted to be of any assistance that you may require.

Thank you again for sharing your amazing stories with us and congratulations.

The team and Noel
Canberra, Australia
Reviewed 21 August 2014

One of the places that stood out for value for money and quality on a month long tour! Awesome room with a really cool design. Plenty of space and our own balcony that looked out over the river. A short walk to the old town, bars and best restaurants. Cheap taxi ride to the main 2 beaches as well.

Room Tip: A room facing the river is highly recommended!
  • Stayed June 2014, travelled as a couple
Dear N_MTraveller85

We are delighted that your stay with us at Anantara Hoi An Resort has resulted in such an amazing time for your during your vacation in Vietnam.

We would be thrilled if your plans bring you back to Hoi An as we would be honored to welcome you back and thank you for choosing to stay with us.

Newton, Massachusetts
Reviewed 20 August 2014

Beautiful hotel with private patio for each room. The location is excellent. Just a short walk to the old town and short easy cab to the beach. Service and food are excellent. Wish I had more time to enjoy the pool.

• Stayed August 2014, travelled solo
Dear Kathie

Thank you very much for choosing to stay with us at Anantara Hoi An Resort and for sharing your wonderful experiences on social media.

I do hope we can look forward to welcoming you again soon to the incredible destination of Hoi An.