“Back to the Anantara”

Anantara Hoi An Resort
Ranked #48 of 170 Hotels in Hoi An
Reviewed 31 August 2014

We stayed a week at the Anantara last March and we're seriously considering a return trip. The hotel was very welcoming, room was good, service was good, the pool was good and the food was good. It was within easy walking distance of town, with a path leading directly to the riverside walk.
PS the online form prevents me from giving the correct date of stay, which is as above.

• Stayed: September 2013, travelled as a couple
1  Thank martinyarnit
NoelCameron, General Manager at Anantara Hoi An Resort, responded to this reviewResponded 1 September 2014

Dear martinyarnit

On behalf of the team and I we wish to thank you very much for sharing your experiences on social media and for choosing to stay with us at Anantara Hoi An Resort while you were in Vietnam.

I am delighted that you have had such a wonderful stay with us and for considering a return trip back to in the near future. If I may be of any assistance please do not hesitate to contact me as I will be delighted to welcome you back.

Kind Regards
Noel Cameron

Write a ReviewReviews (2,081)

Reviewed 30 August 2014

First impressions of the hotel were good, property seems like it had a lot of character. We were taken to our room which was a "Junior Garden View Suite" and happened to be the most expensive hotel in our three week stay, despite only being a 4 star property. Upon entering the room, I felt the need to reconfirm with the attendant that the room was indeed a Junior Suite, as I could not believe how small the room was! Looking at the pictures, if anyone is thinking of staying at the hotel, book the cheapest room - there really is not much difference.

In the evening as we were preparing to sleep, I noticed that the pillows were microfibre (I have not stayed in a 4 or 5 star hotel for a few years where the standard pillow is microfibre). Being very particular about the type of pillow I find comfortable, I phoned through to house keeping to ask for a feather pillow - "I will check sir" was the response, and within 10 minutes someone came to my room with more micro fibre pillows! I explained that I only wanted feather pillows but was told that there were none left. After a bad nights sleep, I went to reception the next morning to explain my predicament and asked for 4 feather pillows if possible, so my wife could also have some, but was only given 2 - which was of significant relief.

Breakfast had a good selection, although due to the nature of the open air restaurant and high humidity, one is left needing his second shower by 9.30am. That is unless you want to go to the green swimming pool - not green because of dirt but a strange choice of tile colours! Location was very good as was the use of hotel bicycles to get around.

Overall, a very disappointing stay at what was meant to be one of the highlight hotels of our trip to Vietnam.

Room Tip: Cheapest room possible
2  Thank matrixyat
NoelCameron, General Manager at Anantara Hoi An Resort, responded to this reviewResponded 30 August 2014

Dear matrixyat

Thank you choosing to stay with us at Anantara Hoi An Resort and for your recent review and I and very sad to read your comments about your recent stay with us..

Over the years Anantara Hoi An Resort has ensured many guests, both first time Anantara visitors as well as seasoned Anantara travelers leave with memorable holiday experiences.
As a result of reading your review this does not seem to be the case for your valued stay with us and as General Manager I am always eager to meet as many guests as possible while they are spending their vacation with us. I would have been delighted to have met you in person whilst you were in residence and listened to concerns that that you may have had with the view to constantly improve our product. In respect to the pillows we pride ourselves on a top quality pillow menu and clearly this service was not to our standard during your visit which I sincerely apologize to you as well as thanking you for bringing this to my attention and please be advised that this is being addressed with the team.
Matrixyat,please allow me to assure you that I would have made every effort to ensure that you left with the amazing memories that make Anantara Hoi An so special.

On behalf of the team and I thank you again for your comments and for staying with us and allowing us to constantly review our product and service with the view to exceed our guests expectations.

Kind Regards

Reviewed 30 August 2014

One of the best places we stayed at during our holiday in Vietnam. The staff are all so friendly and welcoming and I was impressed that all staff greet you in Vietnamese as a posed to English like many 5-star hotels now do.
The rooms are lovely and sunlit and set in beautiful gardens along the river, at the door step of the old town but so quiet and peaceful. I loved the informative information of the area and stories of Vietnam that were provided in our rooms.
A pleasant surprise was that the food was excellent with a range of specialty dishes from the region of Central Vietnam (and great Mojitos). We are both lunch and dinner overlooking the river with fishing boats going by.
I would definitely stay at Anatara when we are next in Hoi An

3  Thank JCWGreen

Dear JCWGreen

On behalf of the entire team and I thank you very much for choosing to stay with us at Anantara Hoi An Resort and for taking time to share your experiences on social media

We are delighted that you have enjoyed so much of what our resort has to offer for our guests and as a result you have so many wonderful memories to share.

Thank you also for choosing to return again in the future and I would be delighted to be of any assistance you may require for such a visit.

Reviewed 30 August 2014

The hotel was amazing, peaceful, and in a perfect location within a 5 minute walk of the centre of Hoi An. The rooms are very spacious and the beds so comfortable. We travelled as a family of 3 and our daughter loved the pool, although it's not that deep and a little warm but perfect for cooling off. The staff are very warm and welcoming and the choice of breakfast offers something for everyone. We very quickly relaxed into our
stay here. Beautiful hotel.

• Stayed: August 2014
NoelCameron, General Manager at Anantara Hoi An Resort, responded to this reviewResponded 11 October 2014

Dear Jane77Kent

Thank you ever so much for choosing to stay with your family here at Anantara Hoi An Resort. I am delighted you have had such a wonderful time and thank you for sharing these experiences on social media.

On behalf of the team and I we do hope to see you again soon and again, thank you very much.

Reviewed 29 August 2014

This is one of the best hotels in Hoi An and it has many good features. The suite rooms are excellent and well serviced, the pool good and the buffet breakfast is as good as any.

We visited off season and the hotel wasn't busy. We had a couple of lunches by the pool which led us to decide we would not risk dinner. Hotel prices being what they are, we decided to go into town - a short walk - each night.

I would stay there again, certainly, but I'd be circumspect about the food.

Room Tip: Suite rooms for more space.
2  Thank Preposterous

Dear Preposterous

Warms regards from Anantara Hoi An Resort and thank you very much for choosing us to be your place of residence during your visit to the amazing old city of Hoi An.

We certainly appreciate you taking time to review us and for your comments. Thank you also for expressing your wishes to stay with us again in the future and I’d be delighted to welcome you back.

Noel Cameron.

Reviewed 28 August 2014

This is one of the best hotels we stayed in during a 3 week visit to Vietnam.

If you are happy to live without the sea on your doorstep you could not ask for a better hotel.
Whilst there is no sea, there is a river running right past the hotel, and the proximity to the old town is perfect, less than a few min's gentle stroll away.

The Entire complex is relaxing, everything is thought of, right down to bowls of aroma therapy oils in the rooms making a beautiful sensual greeting for you, nothing seems too much trouble.
Fresh local fruits are also provided on your arrival.

The rooms are very spacious, and most (if not all) have an outdoor seating area, just before your door, making for a relaxing, sheltered place to sit should you want to watch the gecko's run about of an evening.

The cleaners have a very good sense of humor, leaving thoughtful gifts when they have made their evening visit (Hand towels crafted into an Elephant etc).

The breakfast's are delicious, everything tastes fresh and made with quality ingredients.
To add to this, if you manage to get a seat near the window/openings, youu have an unspoilt view over the river.

We did not have an evening meal here so can not comment on the food, however taking into account the rest of this hotel, I imagine it to be top class, we can confirm the Cocktails are very good and reasonably priced too.

The pool is generous and well thought out, with plenty of beds to be able to sit around, snacks and drinks are available here too.

All in all, a fantstic place that we would love to visit again.

Room Tip: Try and get an upstairs room, less people traffic
  • Stayed: July 2014, travelled as a couple
4  Thank Giovanii
NoelCameron, General Manager at Anantara Hoi An Resort, responded to this reviewResponded 29 August 2014

Dear Giovanni

On behalf of the entire team and I, thank you very much for choosing to stay with us here at Anantara Hoi An Resort and for sharing all of your amazing experiences and stories here on social media.

We are delighted that you have encountered the true essence of the destination and the resort and as a result you have had such an amazing time with us and that you now wish to return yet again.

We would be thrilled to have you stay with us here in Hoi An or any other of our unique Anantara destinations around the world. If I may be of any assistance with these plans please do not hesitate to contact me and thank you again for taking the time to share your wonderful experiences with our followers.

Reviewed 24 August 2014

My family and I thoroughly enjoyed our stay at Anantara Hoi An Resort. The staff were just lovely and so eager to help. On arrival into Danang, we were greeted at the airport by a lovely man, who had cold water and refreshing towels for us. This transfer was organised with the resort and made life a lot easier. Would highly recommend doing this. Once at the resort, we were assigned a staff member who would look after us during our stay. He too was wonderful. Telling us about the complimentary bikes etc that the hotel had to offer.

We were given a gorgeous room, with great amenities and a view of the pool. We dined at the resort on several occasions, with the restaurants situated upstairs, overlooking the river. Breakfast was light and delicious, and dinner was of a great standard too. Would love to come back!

• Stayed: January 2014, travelled with family
1  Thank CheCheRose
NoelCameron, General Manager at Anantara Hoi An Resort, responded to this reviewResponded 28 August 2014

Dear CheCheRose

Thank you very much for choosing to stay with us at Anantara Hoi An Resort and for taking the time to share your amazing stories on social media.

We are delighted that you have had such a memorable time with us and we would also love to see you back again.

If I may be of any assistance with these or any future plans to visit another of Anantara’s unique destinations I would be delighted to be of assistance.