“Nice place though a bit slow, and the dinner is expensive.”

Palm Garden Beach Resort & Spa
Ranked #78 of 167 Hotels in Hoi An
Reviewed 9 April 2011

Tis a nice hotel with a great pool nicely cordoned off at one end for kids. It's the perfect water depth for our 4&6 yr old. The beach entertainment includes sail boats (laser picos) wind surfers, jet ski, kayaks, beach balls, etc. The beach s as good as a quartz sand beach gets. I like cancun-like cabonate beaches myself. Hoi an itself is rather underwhelming! I would recommend a max of 4 days. Oh, They don't seem to offer rooms really made for a family of four. We had two local size full beds that each sleep 1 adult and barely a child, but we made do by pushing em together, since there's no space for extra bedding.

Room Tip: decent cheap seafood alt. 10 min walk S. of hotel.
  • Stayed: April 2011, travelled on business
Write a ReviewReviews (2,260)

Reviewed 3 April 2011

Before I go further with this review I have to disclose the fact that we got upgraded to a beach front bungalow. We booked a beach view room but apparently they were over booked, which suited my Mom and I just fine. We were also there during the best weather. The skies were clear, the sun shinning, the breeze blowing. I literally didn't want to get off the beach and go into town. My Mom and I oscillated between the beach and the pool and were equally satisfied. Palm Gardens treated us very well and if I were to return to Hoi An I would not hesitate to book a room there again.

Room Tip: I would recommend booking the beach front bungalow
  • Stayed: March 2011, travelled as a couple
1  Thank princessonemillion
Reviewed 24 March 2011

We had 4 great nights in this hotel the staff are so nice. The room we had was a beach front little house with the bath on the outside in a little forecourt. First time i had a bath looking up at the starts.
The town Hoi An is so nice at night you could walk around the place for hours and not get board. It is a very safe place with good cabs.
If you would like to know anymore my e-mail is latchy1975@yahoo.com
Take care

• Stayed: February 2011, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Latch1975
Reviewed 16 March 2011

i traveled VN for over a month; ive been in roughly ten different hotels and countless planes, trains and automobiles. my bf and i experienced all ranges of hotels from budget to private bungalows (from $17 to $300+). Hoi An was one of our favorite places and here, we stayed in 3 different hotels. Palm Garden was our last because the Hotel Victoria was fully booked for our last two nights. After reading trip advisor's reviews on PG, i told my boyfriend we weren't going there. We ran into an English couple who loved it so my bf nudged me to try. Upon arrival, even before I got out of the car, a young man from the hotel opened the door for me. he spoke perfect English. We headed towards reception and did all the necc paper work and waited for our room. it took a long time but we patiently waited. After awhile the same young man approached us and asked us if he could buy us a drink as we waited for our room. he told us a bit about himself and excused himself and left us to our drinks while he checked on our room for us. he came back and said, "i didnt like the room you were given so i'm going to upgrade you." it turned out to be one of the sweetest surprises of our trip. Alistair is very professional and its easy to see he loves his job and knows how to do his job. he's a great people person and everything we needed, we only had to go to him. from the start to our last day, he was there to make sure we were happy. the hotel is very nice and the staff are very kind. Alistair is a GM that pays attention to detail and is very good at anticipating guests needs or at least he did with ours. he took what would have been a good experience and turned it into one that my bf and i will always remember. our bungalow was very comfortable, the gardens are gorgeous and even prettier at night. anyone into gardening or flowers will appreciate the care that goes into this place. other + about the Palm Garden is the breakfast buffet, its' beach, live entertainment at night and a great GM..the staff for the most part was reliable though i did have shoes sent there to my hotel and the front desk never called me to let me know they were there so my bf and i waited in our room for over an hour before we decided to inform the front desk we were leaving for dinner and the shoes were there waiting for me.

• Stayed: March 2011, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 15 March 2011

We travelled to Hoi An for our friends combined 50th birthdays and stayed at the Palm Garden Resort. You have to arrange transport from Da Nang airport but our travel company (Indo China Tours) had that covered. They are very good by the way and arranged some great tours for us while we were there. The check in at Palm Garden was smooth and friendly and very quick. Our rooms were mid range, spacious and comfortable and house keeping checked in twice a day to see if we needed anything as well as making up the room. The prices for mini bar are probably the cheapest in the world in Vietnam but if you go across the road from the resort to the shops you can meet some great people and get very cheap drinks, nibbles etc. We found the pool to be very good and the beach was great to walk along. Not too much pollution and I swam in the ocean albeit it being brown rather than blue. Meals at the Palm Garden can be either Western or Asian influence and the breakfast buffet was good. We ate Western one night on the ala carte menu just to have a break from the Vietnamese food (which is very good but we had eaten nothing else for 4 days). Once again reasonably priced but try across the road one night - the owners of the restaurants compete to get your business and provide a great meal. We fed 16 of us with drinks for about $100 US. Ask for the beer to be put on ice when you get there so you get nice cold drinks. We didnt use ice in our drinks except when at the hotel and this probably prevented a few upset stomachs. The massage and spa facilities at the resort were very good and our wives and girlfriends had a 4 hour spa experience ( US $90) while the men played golf nearby. Another tip - its only $3-5 taxi from the town to the resort - dont use the meter! Establish the price before you get in the cab (green and white ones the best) Lastly, our arranged transport did not arrive to pick us up at 4 am on the morning of our departure, and the hotel quickly arranged taxis to get us to Da Nang airport on time. Great service.

• Stayed: March 2011, travelled with friends
2  Thank southaussies1
Reviewed 21 February 2011

I think Palm Garden Beach hotel is a excellent hotel. When I read someone complaining about the service ? I don't understand. We met a staff in restaurants, reception, garden, beach that was very serviceminded, smiling and very helpful. If you smile to a person you will have a smile back. If you go around in world beeing grumpy - you will meet grumpy people.
There was plenty of staff/emloyees I may be that's why the price is high.
I think this is a good hotel - NO party hotel, but for us in the fifties it has beeb a very good choice.
Stein Flaten - Telemark - Norway

• Stayed: February 2011, travelled as a couple
2  Thank steingal2011
Reviewed 18 February 2011

resort is nice with beautryfull gardens
sevice is lousy,rooms are spacious but very noisy and 3 star decorated
bathrooms are totally basic and badly maintained
breakfast is rather ok but service is bad
bars are emty and closing in time at midnight
mature travellers all over the world,but this one was not to recommend
definitely a 3 star property