“Wonderful.”

Ranked #65 of 144 Hotels in Hoi An
Hue, Vietnam
“Wonderful.”
Reviewed 19 November 2012

The rooms are lovely, the gardens are second to none, the beach is right on the doorstep and amazing, the pool is probably the nicest I have ever sat around. The staff attentive and helpful. Very few downs to this hotel, laundry a tad pricey and it's a way out of hoI an itself. Perhaps the shuttle bus good be more frequent? But I really am being picky here. Lots of cheap eating options just across from the hotels main entrance. We had a great stay at this hotel.

• Stayed November 2012

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (439)
  • Finnish first
  • Greek first
  • Korean first
  • Vietnamese first
Santa Rosa, California
Reviewed 10 November 2012

This is a very clean, well maintained resort located on the beach just outside of Hoi An. Easy to get into town for shopping and restaurants but away from the noise and crowds. The rooms are large and very clean and comfortable.The beach is fantastic! Breakfast is complete and offers something for everyone. The staff is very nice and if you have any problems or need help of any sort, contact the guest relations manager, Dao Trung Xuan, who is always available to assure you have a pleasant stay.
Highly recommended

Reviewed 10 November 2012

We really enjoyed our stay here, especially relaxing at the beach. The pool was nice, but more oriented towards families...which is fine, as we could rely on the beach for peace and quiet and fabulous breezes.

Meals were ok, but a bit pricey for only mediocre quality... Best if you stick to the Vietnamese dishes, which i sppose makes sense anyhow!

Great spot for a long weekend away that allows you the best of both worlds: beachside resort with easy access to cultural hotspots...

Stayed November 2012, travelled as a couple
3 Thank Oliana M
Limerick, Ireland
Reviewed 26 October 2012

This hotel would have deserved 5 stars except for the following:
I paid my restaurant bill at checkout, having used nothing from the minibar.
On boarding my coach for departure, I was presented with a bill for $3 for " Liptons Tea". While I protested that I used nothing from the bar, the hotel would not accept my word.
As the rest of my party were already on our coach, which was about to depart and, to avoid delay and further embarrassment, I reluctantly paid.
I have since written to the hotel to advise them that they may have an ISSUE! with the reconciliation of their minibar stock control.

My advice to any guests is TO CHECK YOUR MINIBAR ON ARRIVAL AND DEPARTURE IN THE PRESENCE OF STAFF.

Room Tip: Check your minibar on arrival
  • Stayed October 2012, travelled with friends
3 Thank fernrock
Melbourne, Australia
Reviewed 26 October 2012

This is a very nice hotel situated right on the beach. We stayed here for 4 days and had a very relaxing and enjoyable time. The staff are friendly and helpful, the resort clean and well maintained and the location right on the beach is great. We ate breakfast each morning in the open air restaurant overlooking the beach, which was very relaxing. The pool is great for families with kids, while the beach is very safe for swimming. The hotel is located a 5 min cab ride from Hoi An Old Town and was great to come back to. If you are looking for a really nice hotel then I can recommend this place for families and couples, we had the most enjoyable relaxing time in a picturesque location. For the Aussies out there - defiantly a Rhonda and Ketut moment.

Derby
Reviewed 21 October 2012

First I should say that we visited the resort slightly out of season which may account for some of my negativity.We originally tried to book a deluxe ocean view through our agents when there was an offer on.By the time the resort responded to them the offer was gone and the rooms were all booked.We were persuaded to book a superior garden view , and as the pictures looked OK on the web site we booked but this costed the same as the original booking should have been . We were told by email 24 hrs before booking in that hey were having major renovations and disruption may be between 6 am and 7 pm , not a good start but didn't really effect us .However the gym was going to be closed and facilities moved.This was moved to a covered area which had no changing facilities and consisted of 4 pieces of equipment and a set of weights.
When we arrived and were shown to our room it was awful.Dark ,and so far from the beach it could have been anywhere.The "view " from the balcony was into a ditch and a tennis court .We went back to reception and said we weren't happy and were told we could pay for an upgrade to the deluxe ocean view!!I was not happy about this but as it was the middle of the night in GB couldn't do much via the travel agent and in the end only cost £112 extra for 10 days but did smart a bit .The girl on reception was very good at trying to sort it but was close to tears as her English was very poor.After saying we would like to look at the room before we agreed to pay we were taken by a young man who said he could show us a different room as ours wasn't ready.We explained we wanted to see the exact room and had to be taken back to reception again and someone else showed us the room.Now that may sound slightly warped given that we were in Vietnam but everywhere else we went in Vietnam the locals English was really good and they were happy to try to communicate but the staff on the whole here had very poor English we spoke to and some didn't seem to want to try.We settled in our new room and cant fault the view from here of the beach which was lovely and just a short walk away.The room had mini bar and some snacks which were expensive by Vietnamese standards and added 5% service charge and 10 % government tax ( or other way round cant remember ) this also applied to room service and anything purchased at the pool bars or restaurants.They make a point of saying you are not allowed to bring snacks and drinks in from elsewhere but we completely ignored this and it seemed slightly dictatorial. Make sure you ask for them to break down your bill in what ever language you speak , as we were given one in Vietnamese and asked to check it but of course this is no use when you don't speak Vietnamese as most guests appeared not to.
The way the food services are laid out here is quite confusing .I ordered from a number of the places e.g. coffee shop, pool bar, beach bar but they always had to go somewhere else to get what I wanted which meant a wait of sometimes quite a while.An example is one day by the pool I ordered a mango lassi which said it had ice cream from the pool side restaurant and after about 5 minutes saw someone run up to the main restaurant and back down with some yogurt and a few minutes later do the same again with a carton of mango juice.It arrived soon after with no ice cream and was luke warm. Now bear in mind this cost god knows how much in a supposed 5 star hotel while one of the beach in India with fresh mango costs about 50 p.On the same day I ordered a Vietnamese coffee which was horrid and nowhere like what we had in someones back yard on the way to My Son .On this occasion I was grunted at to move to a sun lounger with a table rather than the staff move a table to me.Again this may sound quite trivial and spoilt but I feel that I work hard for my money to get there and moving a table a few feet is not much to ask where as I had to pack up all my stuff and move into the shade to accommodate them.The whole time we were there it felt like the maintenance and " look" of the resort came before guests .There was always something being pressure washed , or scrubbed and the cleaners woke us up next door very early on few mornings moving heavy furniture.It sometimes looked like this was occupation for occupations sake as nowhere ever looked much different. Our room cleaners made sure they called in on our last day we suspect for a tip but up till then their input was dubious and we know that the sheets were not changed when we asked then to as the bed was still full of sand.The day after the tropical storm the containment staff were moving the pot plants back to the pool area and were moving guest out the way so they could do this.The staff also spent a large portion of that day standing watching gardeners cut branches off the trees rather than the pool where guests were.The pool menu is really limited and why anyone would choose to pay about £ 8 for a burger and fries is beyond me when there are some lovely places to eat nearby for peanuts.The breakfast choice is large but the same every day and all the stuff that should be hot was cold and cold stuff was luke warm.Loads of staff milling round at breakfast but 9 times out of 10 you had to ask for tea and coffee . Conversely guests only had to have put the last bit of food of the plate into their mouths and the plates were whisked away.The beach guards/ towel attendants were very put out one day when we asked for towels and sunbed and said " but its going to rain today " .They were not at all happy as they had to stop what they were doing but yes it was going to possibly rain but not for some time and we wanted to use the beach.The shuttle bus times are ridiculous as there is a huge gap in the early evening and the last return bus is 8.30.It feels like this is to keep you there over evening meal time but most guests seemed to just get taxi's or eat across the road.We ate most of the time in Mi Casa as did a lot of guests which we could fault in no way ( please see review).
Again to illustrate the way staff approached guests on a very rainy evening we tried to leave the hotel and the man who stood in reception stood in front of my husband impeding his exit from the hotel and shouted to a girl on reception who came and told us very politely she needed to know our room number as they " had to control the umbrellas " this is no way to carry on !The reception staff did help us when we had a last minute hiccup for our flights home but by this time it was too late. Again it must sound like I am being extremely racist regarding staff not speaking English but we were so blown away by all the other people in Vietnam that I cant believe a big organization like this cant promote this is staff a bit better and I don't hold the staff responsible at all.There was one young man at breakfast who was at least interested to ask us how you would pronounce " raining ".The spa did look nice but no-one was using it as it is massively overpriced.Try Bali Spa a little further up on Lac Long Quan St.
This all sound like we had a rubbish time but we didn't but saw the hotel as just somewhere to sleep very quickly which is not really what you expect when you choose a 5 star resort.We also had some really lovely nights on the beach when the sun had gone down with a bottle of wine and our I pod. My advice would be to the resort : drop you prices , do some education with your staff and put you guests first then you may be a bit busier.Advice to would be bookers , go somewhere else.

Room Tip: some garden view rooms have little or no view worth looking at , always go ocean view!!
2 Thank fw37
Tel Aviv, Israel
Reviewed 20 October 2012

My wife ans I stayed at the hotel on September for 3 nights. We stayed in a deluxe garden view room with a balcony which was very nice and the gardens are really beatiful. The room and the gardens are beautifully maintained. The staff is freindly and always happy to assist.
The pool and the private beach are beautiful. Breakfast is fantastic with huge variaity of food - western, Vietnamese and assian.

Due to our very early flight, we checked out the hotel before braekfast. The hotel orgenized a breakfast to go for us.

There is a shuttle bus to Hoi An 4 times a day and if you miss it a taxi to town is only 5 dollars.
Transportation to the airport that the hotel arranges is too expensive. Travel agencies in town can arrange it for you for half price (15$).

Room Tip: The deluxe sea view rooms are not justifying the diffrence in price unless located in front of the b...
1 Thank Eran S