“Beautiful beach resort”

Ranked #67 of 147 Hotels in Hoi An
Melbourne, Australia
“Beautiful beach resort”
Reviewed 7 September 2013

My partner and I stayed at Palm Garden in early September. We booked an ocean deluxe room which was beach front with a lovely balcony, exceptional views and extremely comfortable bed. After initially booking for three nights we extended our stay for an additional two. The resort is set in beautiful, very well kept grounds. While the pool area was very nice, our highlight was the private beach, where we spent most of our time - after walking along the beach we quickly decided that Palm Garden had the best beach front area compared with other resorts. Staff were very hospitable, attentive and we experienced no differential treatment traveling as a gay couple. We did not sample any of the restaurants as there were very few vegetarian/vegan options however the fruit at breakfast was exceptional. Other facilities we used were the gym and the shuttle bus to Hoi An. Conveniently there are shops and restaurants across the road. Would highly recommend Palm Garden to couples looking for a relaxing beach holiday while visiting Hoi An.

Room Tip: Pay extra for ocean view
  • Stayed September 2013, travelled as a couple
1 Thank lswc
eampgr, General Manager at Palm Garden Beach Resort & Spa, responded to this review, 10 September 2013
Dear Iswc,

Greetings from Palm Garden Resort.

We hope that you had a safe trip back home. On behalf of the management and staff, we would like to thank you for your kind words you have sent. I would definitely share this to everyone as it inspires us to further enhance more on our services.

Please do let us know should you be in need of our assistance.

We hope to welome you again on your next visit to Vietnam.

gm@pgr.com.vn

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (445)
  • Finnish first
  • Greek first
  • Korean first
  • Vietnamese first
Traralgon
Reviewed 5 September 2013

We had a wonderful stay at palm garden resort in July 2013. My husband and I travelled with our 16month twins and we were so glad that we selected such a family friendly hotel. Our room was very spacious, fitting both porta cots (we borrowed them from the hotel and they were clean and safe, and both of my children slept really well in them), all of our luggage and there was still room for the kids to play. The pool is one of the hotels best assets, it's huge so there is plenty of room and there is also a small babies pool that my two spent a lot of time in. The gardens around the hotel are beautiful and my twins loved going for walks around looking at the flowers and fish in the ponds. The staff are AMAZING, which really made our time at palm garden exceptional. They were so kind and especially good with our children. We left a backpack on the plane in da nang and they were very kind and accommodating in helping us retrieve the bag.

Definitely pick this hotel!

Room Tip: We stayed in a villa, which was beautiful and spacious, however, a little tricky with two prams goin...
  • Stayed July 2013, travelled with family
1 Thank Natalie M
eampgr, General Manager at Palm Garden Beach Resort & Spa, responded to this review, 11 September 2013
Dear Natalie M,

Greetings from Palm Garden Resort & Spa.

We hope you had a safe trip back home.

On behalf of the management and staff, we thank you for the kind comments. We are delighted to know that you and your family have enjoyed your vacation in Vietnam and the resort. I would definitely share this to everyone as this inspires us so much to further enhance more on our quality of service.

We hope to welcome you and your family once again on your next visit in Vietnam.

Please do not hesitate to get in touch with us should you be in need of our assistance.

Wollongong
Reviewed 3 September 2013

My husband and I stayed here for 7 nights in August and as it was our first visit to Vietnam we could not have picked a better resort in Hoi An. It certainly has everything to ensure that all needs are met. You can have an indoor or outdoor breakfast, you have the pool or the ocean to swim in with lots of shady umbrellas ( much needed as it was very hot). Rooms are well equipped and spacious and staff very friendly.
The free shuttle to town was a bonus we used on several occasions. 'Mia Casa' across the road became our favourite lunch spot, so cheap and the food is just fantastic. We had our laundry done there and bought our beer and water as well.
We were both very relaxed and not too happy to be leaving this resort at all. Would recommend it highly.

Room Tip: Ground floor rooms facing the ocean are great.
  • Stayed August 2013, travelled as a couple
Dear KirstenWollongong,

We hope you had a safe flight back home.

On behalf of the management and staff, we thank you for your kind comments and delighted to know that we have met your expectations. I will definitely share this to everyone as this inspires us to further enhance on our quality of service.

We hope to welcome you once again in your future trip in Vietnam.

Reviewed 2 September 2013 via mobile

My husband and I are currently staying in this resort and simply love it. Lovely rooms, great pool, with drinks service, nice beach, helpful staff and great food. A welcome retreat after a hot morning shopping and sight seeing. It is only $5.00 by cab into town and no problem with taxis here. There is also a shuttle bus service. We will certainly be returning to Palm Gardens for longer next time.

Stayed September 2013, travelled as a couple
Dear Maggie L,

Greetings from Palm Garden Resort & Spa.

We hope you had a safe flight back home. I would like to take this opportunity on behalf of the management and staff to thank you for your kind comments. We are so delighted to know that you have enjoyed Vietnam and the resort. I would definitely share this to everyone as this inspires us to further enhance our quality of service. We hope to welcome you once again in your next visit in Vietnam.

Perth, Australia
Reviewed 1 September 2013

We wanted a quiet relaxing interlude and it is what we got. It was perfect. If you wanted to hang around the resort you could and be treated like kings. Great food and wonderful service. Fantastic energiser fruit juice served by the pool or something alcoholic if you wish. Great pool. Good enough to do laps but you need to be up early to do so. There are some restaurants located over the road which range from adequate to good if you do not want to head into town (a $5 taxi ride). Also a girl in the tailor who will do laundry for $1 per kg plus a little more if you want ironing done also. The town is fantastic and you are spoilt for choice with food. Wonderful place. Can highly recommend Tina Designs for tailoring, 09 Vietnam for hand made shoes. There is also a Friends restaurant that is set up to provide work experience for street kids. Good food and service. Loved Hoi An and Loved Palm Garden Resort.

Room Tip: This hotel does a turn down service so if you are resting in your room in the afternoon put up your...
  • Stayed August 2013, travelled as a couple
1 Thank flickymicky
eampgr, General Manager at Palm Garden Beach Resort & Spa, responded to this review, 30 September 2013
Dear flickymicky,

Greetings from Palm Garden Resort & Spa.

Thank you for your kind words you have sent. We are very much delighted to know that you have enjoyed our facilities and stay with us. I will definitely share this to our team as it motivates and inspires us to further enhance more on our level of service.

We hope and look forward to welcome you once again on your future trip in Vietnam.

Please do not hesitate to get in touch with us on your most convenient time should you be in need of further assistance.

Reviewed 29 August 2013

Although we booked this trip through a travel agent, we were assured this was 5 star, this was not 5 star. 4 star maximum. The pool and beach location was great and it was central to Da Nang and Hoi An, and the breakfast buffet had a wide range to choose from. However my husband and I decided to have a treatment in the Day spa, it was the most terrible treatment I have ever received.As soon as we arrived we were rushed into the male and female change rooms and then watched whilst we got dressed, my husband and I were in seperate rooms which was good as we were having different treatments, my husbands massage was average, 3 times the therapist was interrupted and talking to other colleagues, the massage was meant to be 60 minute with a 10 head massage, and it was only 55 mins, my treatment was terrible I had a wrap with a full exfoliation, the treatment room was freezing and never once asked if I was ok, I had to say I'm freezing, whilst the wrap was on the therapist left the room and the came back to give me a scalp massage that was half with one hand because she was playing with her own hair. Once the time was up she hurried me to the shower then as soon as I came out, still standing up she applied a body cream all over standing up in the women's change room, normally they would take you back to the treatment room, the body cream was off as it had a horrible old smell, after that I had a shampoo and blowdry that I had to walk out of half way as the hairdresser got my hair into a huge knot. Worst experience in a day spa yet! We should have just had a local massage down the road like our friends for quarter of the price if that!

• Stayed August 2013
3 Thank Niquey2013
Dear Niquey2013,

We hope you had a safe flight back home.

I would like to take this opportunity to express my deepest sympathy on the experience you had in our spa. Anyone in your shoes would have felt the same. I would definitely look into this and ensure to apply immediate action. We would not allow this to hinder on our services as the resort's aim is to provide quality service to everyone. Rest assured that this will be rectified and never to be repeated.

We hope that you can be able to reconsider on staying with us once again on your future trip in Vietnam as I will personally ensure that you will be taken care of throughout your stay.

Australia
Reviewed 28 August 2013

When we first arrived at this resort, we were quite gobsmacked - this is an impressive place at $130 AUD a night (note: we tend to stay in mid-range accommodation). We arrived early so we headed to the pool until we could check in. When I set eyes upon the pool, I just couldn't believe my luck - a beautiful pool in an amazing setting in front of the private beach (which is also really beautiful). The grounds at this hotel were simply outstanding. The rooms were nice too (although just as nice as the rooms we stayed in for cheaper in other places in Vietnam and perhaps even less personal). I felt that we didn't take full advantage of this hotel as we only had two nights; it was so hot (we got sunburnt despite our layers of sun protection) and so we only went to the pool twice. Some of the other people staying here seemed a bit snooty compared to the other places we stayed, but I guess that's to be expected at a fancy hotel. The staff here seemed nice, although perhaps not as friendly as some of the other places. These really are very minor issues as overall, I would stay here again.

• Stayed August 2013, travelled with family
Dear Giggola,

Greetings from Palm garden Resort & Spa.

We hope you had a safe flight back home.

On behalf of the management and staff, we thank you for your comments. Rest assured that I will be looking into this and ensure to take immediate action. By this, it gives us the opportunity to further enhance the level of service we provide.

We hope you can consider us once again on your future trip in Vietnam and I will personally ensure that you will be taken care of throughout your stay.

Palm garden resort & Spa