2,483 results
All reviews golden lotus mi casa rocking chairs beachfront bungalow shuttle bus beach bar tennis courts beach is lovely plenty of sunbeds kids club large pool old town stayed here for nights sun loungers shuttle service vietnamese food laundry done
Reviewed 12 November 2017 via mobile

The hotel was very nicely laid out with friendly staff. We asked to move from our first room as the aircon was totally ineffective which was a shame given the 45 degree heat outside. Ww were moved after a couple if days and the same issue.. the safe in the room had to have batteries changed every couple of days. Location was a 15 minute white knuckle ride to the centre of hoi an every night although we ate in the fantastic mia casa 4 or 5 times and run by a lovely family. Hotel food was horrendously overpriced and therefore restaurants and bars were empty in the evenings despite the hotel being fully booked. Pool and beach was nice but spoiled by huge inflatables and some very loud and rude guests. On reflection 14 nights was probably too long to stay.

Stayed: August 2017, travelled with family
1  Thank markc-yorkshire
VAN DUNG L, room divison manager at Palm Garden Beach Resort & Spa, responded to this reviewResponded 19 November 2017

Dear markc-yorkshire,

It was a pleasure to have you stayed with us and I was well noted some of the points you mentioned for which I well admited the disapointment when a technical issue just happened like this upon effort of the engineer team though we do not wish such thing happened. I take the responsibility and would sincerely apologized these things made you not happy. I have followed up to fix ensuring this did not happened to next guests and I just however ensure this is not our usual standard of our resort. I thank you for your compliments to the hotel staff members and if your travel plan brings you back to visit us please feel free to contact me directly at rdm@pgr.com and I direct myself and team to look after you well.

Reviewed 8 November 2017 via mobile

More a club med than a hotel. Biggest gripes are a lack of English speaking staff and terrible air conditioning - in my $120 room it points straight at the bed and the only control is temperature, meaning you either sleep with a serious breeze or sweat under decidedly too warm covers.

Stayed: November 2017, travelled with friends
3  Thank Dmitry V
VAN DUNG L, room division manager at Palm Garden Beach Resort & Spa, responded to this reviewResponded 19 November 2017

Dear Dmitry V,

Thank you for your stay at our hotel recently and I was so sorry that your stay was not up to your wish. I would see the point you mentioned pointing it out to improve while asked the crew checked on the air con fan. I wish these can be shared upon your stay and the aircon air fan was a matter of minute to improve while ou reception team could convey every conversation to meet discussion required understanding. Thank you for bringing the point up to us and we must improve. We look forward to show you the best we did as we serve our guest at high level of service standard we strive.

Reviewed 7 November 2017 via mobile

This place is in a great location, very beautifully laid out and landscaped.

All the staff are lovely and very helpful.

We came at the time the strongest typhoon
in 16years hit the coast, so we could not enjoy all the best spots of the Hoi An ancient town, but this is no the fault of the hotel.

My only criticism of the hotel is the terrace restaurant menu is a bit boring and expensive after more than 2 visits, but the weather forced us to revisit.

Regardless of this we made our own fun and enjoyed ourselves.

We can recommend you book through the hotel and get a driver to take you to Marble Mountains. I would’ve wanted to see this spot even if ancient town wasn’t flooded. An amazing mountain to visit with many temples and caves to explore, but be warned even though an elevator takes you up you need to have a reasonable level of fitness to explore the rest!

Our drivers name was Nguyen Tan Ti - a local who works for the hotel and lives in Hoi An. He was a lovely person and great company, he deserves much praise.

1  Thank evan_cremer

Dear evan_cremer,

I was so much thrilled that you found our hotel a great location, very beautiful lay-out and the service of staff excellent that met all your needs of the stay. For your commence on the food price i wish you could see how different between the service at a high standard hotel and a street restaurant but we do in harmony of price discussion between guests at certain period we do have discount on meal. Beside being so happy to reward to the driver you mentioned as his job was a pleasure to serve you at a high level he strived. I wish to welcome you back and please email me before you come at rdm@pgr.com.vn I sincerely appreciate.

Reviewed 5 November 2017

Booked in just after a typhoon, expected some problems because of it. Room beautiful, gardens lovely. Food the worst we've had in Vietnam! Hot breakfast was clod, prices high, quality poor. Even with all tours off, bars closed, beach and sea wall gone or undermined, this place insists we will be charged for the full service. We left!

Room Tip: Don't. Tour groups only.
6  Thank David L

Dear David L,

Thank you for your stay even shortly between understading that change stay in high season of Apec at any hotel could cause conditions which was agreed. Checking the points you made I took a tour through our breakfast and see what we can do as we can do for our breakfast one of the most famous excellent for most of westerners and asian guests with full of hot and cold dishes available could please a guests at any wish. Addedly that we offered any special request to ensure tastes of our guests were pleased at any point they wish. I sincerely regreted that you changed your destination while other 400 guests including Apec delegation and other customers were enjoying their stay. I took your comments seriously in which we must consider the posiblity of offering more activities at the hotel if Hoi an town wanted to limit a some places of services when the weather come in any uneasy way. Thank you once again and we hope that your next visit could conbine with nice weather and excellent plan.

Reviewed 4 November 2017 via mobile

We were here during Hurricane Daymen and we still thought this was a very nice resort. The room is large and the bed was HUGE. The bathroom was very modern and all the amenities were there. It is outside HoiAn old town but they do have a frequent shuttle into town. The ocean is very close to the resort. There is a large outdoor pool. We didn’t get to access these features because of the weather but I’m sure they would be lovely. We had a 75 minute massage which we would say was average. The spa area is nice. The included breakfast was very good with lots of hot and cold choices.

Stayed: November 2017, travelled as a couple
VAN DUNG L, room division manager at Palm Garden Beach Resort & Spa, responded to this reviewResponded 20 November 2017

Dear worldtraveler0924,

It was nice that you spent your holiday at the hotel in the unexpected affecting storm Damrey but still enjoyed the facilities and service we offerred. We are happy to read that you found our hotel a nice resort especially the room bedding and cleanliness met your expectation. I hope that we will have another chance to serve you better upon your next visit in Hoi an in near future.