“Enchanting hotel”
Review of Thanh Van Hotel

Thanh Van Hotel
Ranked #62 of 162 Hotels in Hoi An
Reviewed 28 April 2010

I took a vacation at this hotel 2 years ago. I'm thai. I rented a van from Thai - Laos border to travel around central Vietnam through Laos-Vietnam border. Vietnamese civil servant provident fund didn't almost allow us to pass the border becuase of the driver's temporary driver's license. You shouId check his driver's license before you hire some drivers. knew it from the internet. It's nice place to stay. There was a small swimming pool in the center of the hotel. You should take a swimming suit because it's so hot in the afternoon. When you're back to the hotel after walking around Hoian world heritage site. I believe that you'd like leap to the swimming pool all at once. Their rooms were convenient & clean. The price included American breakfast such as omelet & baguette that was popular food. This place is very near the center of Hoian ancient town just walking 3 blocks. At night, you should walk around the site for shopping and try some local food. There were many shops for buying souvenirs, but I think it's more expensive than at Hue (Dong Ba market).

• Stayed: April 2008, travelled with family

Reviewed 28 April 2010

Me and my girlfriend stayed for 3 nights in this place and it was a pleasant stay. They have a swimmingpool and a breakfast buffet next to it! A good location also since its close to the old town. If I go back here I would stay at the same place!!!

Reviewed 28 April 2010

We stayed at this hotel for 3 nights, and it was nothing to complain about! The room was great with both aircondition, fan and hotwater shower. The breakfast buffet was the best part! Johnny was nice and helpful, as the rest of the staff! I highly recommend this place.

Reviewed 25 April 2010

We live in Saigon and have been here for 2 years and stayed in around 50 hotels around the country so have no issues with Vietnamese culture problems or language barriers.

My pregnant fiance and I booked a deluxe room reduced to $40 a night for 2 nights for a long weekend during the public holiday to celebrate King Hung. On arrival we were shown to a nice large room, clean with 2 large balconies and a nice bath and separate shower.

When we came home from town around midnight we realised a curtain in the room was missing and went to bed, unfortunately we were woken at 5.20am with the sun bursting in. Not a massive issue at the time so we got up and had breakfast and before heading out reported to reception the missing curtain and asked they replace it as my fiance is pregnant and wanted a good nights sleep. They said it was being cleaned and would replace it before we went to bed.

We said ok and if they couldn't, to let us know so we would move to another hotel (no rudeness just explained that fiance needed sleep and they had no rooms) but they assurred us when we came home the curtain would be there. Again we returned at midnight and all the staff were asleep and lights out with hotel keys left on the side. We went to our room and were pretty surprised to find no curtain.

Again woken at 5.30 and after breakfast when we checked out raised the issue of there being no curtain even though we were assured it would be replaced. The receptionist just said " Sorry its still being cleaned" and laughed about it being sandy. No apology, nothing at all.

I go to Hoi An about four times a year and this is the first time i have stayed here, the last times at River Beach outside of town. The purpose of staying here was because my manager in HCMC is organising a work trip to Hoi An and I was checking out suitable hotels for the 43 staff members coming on the trip.

I will probably stay at the Tanh Van II with my fiance again as the rooms were nice, it was well located but seriously they need to get their level of service in check. Its not somewhere i will put my trust in to look after our staff though so Tan Vanh II you have missed out!

Taxi approx - 300k from Danang Airport

Reviewed 25 April 2010

This hotel is great value for money. We paid USD15 per room per night and the service was very good. Breakfast is included in the rate which is a very decent spread. Free internet, a great, clean pool and staff are very helpful. I forgot my camera cable at home and needed to load my photo's onto flikr every night and they were always willing to assist with their cable on hand. It is a 10 minute walk to the Ancient town and they offer a return shuttle for USD2 per person to Cua Dai Beach where you get free deck chair and towel to use as long as you want. They are also situated just round the corner from the wonderul Hoi An Day Spa!

• Stayed: April 2010, travelled with friends
Reviewed 22 April 2010

We've been backpacking it on a $10-$30 a night budget for our room (standard double), and experienced a wide range of service. This hotel was as nice as many 4 star hotels in Australia, with friendly service and large rooms. It's a bit further out of town than many others, but still an easy 10-minute stroll to the Old Town area, so it's very managable. Just don't assume that it means it will be quieter - our room overlooked a major road, so we were woken up a bit by buses and trucks with very loud horns, at all times of the night. Definitely worthwhile though, and very popular with families. The shuttle bus was fantastic as we haven't needed to spend a cent on transport within the town!
Very nice for couples looking to spend a couple of nights in a comfortable, quiet room.

Reviewed 21 April 2010

A wonderful change to have such a beautiful place to stay thanh Van 2, a little out of town but a shuttle bus to take you in, 5 minutes.
people friendly, helpful, breakfast very good and swimming pool super.
Various prices for rooms but none too expensive.

• Stayed: April 2010, travelled solo