“Lovely hotel in great town”
Review of Ha An Hotel

Ha An Hotel
Ranked #44 of 153 Hotels in Hoi An
Bath, United Kingdom
“Lovely hotel in great town”
Reviewed 18 February 2013

My husband and I stayed here in December and had a lovely time. We stayed in a superior room with balcony which had a cool and laid back interior with a comfortable bed. We had arrived early in Hoi An after a torturous journey by bus from Mui Ne our room wasn't ready but we were given a complimentary breakfast and our room was shortly made available. Free bikes are offered and they also have a pool table out front. Great hotel, great location - one of our highlights of a month long trip through Vietnam.

• Stayed December 2012, travelled as a couple
2 Thank Jade W

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (237)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Hebrew first
  • Korean first
  • Turkish first
  • Vietnamese first
Reviewed 10 February 2013 via mobile

Cannot say enough about this hotel. The best hotel we stayed in, in mainland vietnam.

3 star but feels like 4. Staff were very friendly, welcoming and helpful and room was comfortable, clean and felt more authentic than anywhere else we had stayed.

Setting around hotel is really peaceful around a garden courtyard. Excellent cafe on site.

About 10/15 min walk into old town, much quicker if you borrow one of their bikes!

Stayed January 2013, travelled as a couple
hoi an
Reviewed 4 February 2013

This is our second stay here and it doesn't fall short of our lovely memories - the minute we got here we changed our flights for another 2 nights! Lovely pool, nice room with balcony, flowers everywhere, easy to get to the town, and lovely friendly staff; the breakfast is amazing, everything you could wish for; we were allocated a room at the back, overlooking a road and school, but my husband got our room changed by very helpful receptionist.
I hope we can get to stay here again someday

• Stayed February 2013, travelled as a couple
1 Thank blooky
cheshire
Reviewed 3 February 2013

I stayed one night in a standard room and two nights in a deluxe room, both with a balcony. Both were pretty rooms, although the standard room was quite small, so if travelling as a couple, there would not have been any room to put any luggage. For someone travelling solo, it was OK space wise. The deluxe room was beautiful and spacious. Rooms are well appointed, with little flowers left on the bed and in the bathroom. As for breakfast, I have never seen such a spread! You could get freshly cooked eggs, pho, beautiful pain au chocolat, fruit, pancakes, waffles, fried rice..... Restautant was competent, but I have eaten better food elsewhere. In terms of what could be better, I felt that the staff were a bit distant, so in terms of getting information other than the basics, I had to ask. When I did ask, I did get good answers. All emails were dealt with promptly, and having got my dates wrong, they managed to accommodate an extra night for me without trouble. They also organised a transfer at 4.30am for a flight from Danang - complete with a little breakfast bag. Location - about 5 to 10 minutes walk from the tourist hub, so very convenient. If you don't want to eat in the hotel, there are a few options close by that are starting to get established and are worth exploring. Thank you!

• Stayed January 2013, travelled solo
1 Thank holidayqueen21
Germany
Reviewed 2 February 2013

It may really be one of the best choices in Hoi An, but still some of the enthusiastic reviews seem a bit exaggerated. The rooms are very small and there is not much privacy, some of the staff has a real weird and not very friendly attitude. Its not possible to open any window and there are no mosquito net at the door. And its very, very humid in the rooms, so make sure to use the dehumidifier which they provide.
But the location is very good, a five minutes walk from the center. Its very quite and far enough away from the constant noise of the motorcycles. Breakfast buffet is quite extensive and they can arrange private drivers for you (pick up from Da-Nang for 20 USD, 35 USD for the return trip to My Son Sanctuary, 70 USD for the drive to Hue with stop at Marble Mountains and the Hai Van Pass)

Room Tip: Not the ground floor, as everybody will be walking in front of your room and there will be no privac...
  • Stayed January 2013, travelled as a couple
2 Thank floonline
Vientiane, Laos
Reviewed 2 February 2013

My partner and I had been recommended to book the Taste of Hoi An Food Tour and when I did, I asked the tour organiser, Neville Dean, to recommend a hotel and he advised the Ha An. So I hadn't read many of the reviews on Tripadvisor before we went. We travelled through Vietnam, Cambodia and Laos for four weeks and this was the nicest hotel of all (maybe a dead heat with the Thongbay in Luang Prabang). The rooms were fabulous, even though we were on the ground floor as all the balcony rooms were gone when we booked and the bathroom was the most beautiful one we have ever seen - plants, marble pebbles in the shower, amazing design in general. Complimentary giant fruit basket every day, TV and computer with internet access in every room, rooms made up twice a day. Breakfast is included and is magnificent. Free bikes, free umbrellas and great advice on which shops and attractions to visit. The restaurant is excellent with prices much the same as restaurants in town. There was great attention to detail and aesthetics throught.

Many of the average and poor reviews (of which there are not many) mention the staff being unfriendly or even rude. Obviously this can happen but my partner and I never experienced anything but friendliness and professionalism of the highest order. It is true that people in Cambodia and Laos probably smiled more and were more effusive but Vietnam is different that way - more businesslike and direct. I really cannot praise this hotel enough.

Room Tip: If the weather is humid, there will be a damp odour in the lower rooms but that is why there is a de...
  • Stayed January 2013, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Ruairi1959
London, United Kingdom
Reviewed 1 February 2013

This hotel was such a great find!! When we walked in, there were flowers on our path, on the bed and the granite bathtub was filled with hot water and yellow daisies. There was also a bowl of exotic fruits and bottles of water that were being replaced daily AND coffee and tea making facilities in the room. The Bed was grand, lovely bedsheets and very very clean. It was the BEST room I stayed in tnroughout my stay in Vietnam. We also had a private balcony and a bamboo shower. I was too lazy to use it but the balcony was properly secluded with all of these exotic plants and it was nice to wake up in the morning and sit outside with a cup of tea instead of being cooped up in the bedroom. The massive TV was connected to wifi and even had a keyboard so on a couple of occasions I put on tunes and just chilled in our balcony. Breakfast was a feast!! Lovely baguette with lots of choices of jams, fillings and there was a chef cooking your egg the way you wanted. Staff were very helpful and if I do go back then I would definitely be staying there again!!

• Stayed October 2012, travelled as a couple