“Good & Bad”
Review of Ha An Hotel

Ha An Hotel
Ranked #48 of 159 Hotels in Hoi An
Reviewed 21 November 2013

Good - The rooms are quite nice, nice furnishings, great stone bath, pleasant atrium off the room.
Bad - the bed is too soft, the room is crowded, too much noise can be heard from the lobby. hallway & other rooms, & the wifi did not work in the bedroom. This was bought to the attention of management who stated, this happens. Not good enough !!!

Good - The best Pho Bo I have had so far after 6 days in the country, was served at the hotel restaurant, also good breakfast choice & cheap beer.

Bad - no wifi reception in the restaurant either.

Good - quiet location for the hotel, about 10 minutes walk from the action.
Bad - constant badgering by local business each time u walk past.

Staff generally seem bored, uninterested & a major lack of smiles, apart from the driver who picked me up from the airport, who was friendly & smiley.

Better options available I am sure

Room Tip: do not accept ground floor
  • Stayed: November 2013, travelled solo
There are newer reviews for Ha An Hotel

Reviewed 11 November 2013 via mobile

We have just left the Ha An Hotel after our stay was extended from 3 to 5 nights due to the Haiyan Typhoon and I have nothing but praise for this beautiful hotel.

Airport transfer was easily arranged and we were greeted by fresh juice and welcoming staff upon arrival.

The hotel is conveniently located within a short direct walk to the old town and is beautifully arranged around a front garden. Our room was very comfortable, clean and a home away from home during the Sunday of the typhoon when we were advised to remain in the hotel. The staff are all very friendly and they work tirelessly to ensure that customers are well cared for.

The girls on reception were very helpful in ensuring that clients were well prepared for the typhoon (that thankfully wasn't as bad as expected) and rearranging flights/extending our stay etc.

The hotel restaurant (incl the buffet breakfast) is truly excellent and as good as any of the other restaurants we ate at in Hoi An.

I would highly recommend this hotel to anyone visiting the beautiful town of Hoi An.

Reviewed 11 November 2013 via mobile

We had a lovely 3 night stay here. The room was spacious, clean and comfortable. The bathroom had a really good shower and a bathtub. Lots of special touches which gave our stay a real feeling of a bit of luxury (scented bath oil and salts provided, welcome drinks, an in-room computer, selection of dvds provided etc.) The restaurant was very nice with excellent Vietnamese and Western options served and an amazing breakfast with such a wide variety of things to choose from - one morning we ate so much we skipped lunch entirely! Staff were friendly and helpful. Location is very convenient for exploring the old town. Would definitely recommend this hotel for a lovely place to stay in Hoi An!

Reviewed 4 November 2013

A hotel that is defin-itely different, something that can't be said about many places in town. A strip of build-ings buit in Hoi An stye, all set in a lush, lush garden. Decorative flair inside and break- fast is included. We had the fammily stay in here, it was so pleasing to receive such wonderful service! Love the hotel and the town.

• Stayed: November 2013, travelled with family
Reviewed 4 November 2013 via mobile

After staying at larger hotels this was quite the opposite. Two floors with small but adequate rooms. Garden rooms overlook the courtyard garden with table and chairs outside French doors. Perfect for a beer before heading into town for evening meal. Whilst hotel is an old building with old rooms everything was still provided. Quaint and charming is best description. Staff very caring and attentive at all times and all doing their best to ensure great stay. Breakfast here delightful and best service to date. Freshly squeezed juices brought to table did it for me! Highly recommend but don't expect large modern rooms.

Reviewed 30 October 2013

I had heard great things about this property so my expectations were high.
I booked a lead in room (USD$75) on line. I later received an email saying the room type I had booked was not available so I would need to book a larger room for USD$90 per night, I agreed but expressed my disappointment that the room type booked was now not available. I also received a confirmation that a driver would be waiting to meet me on arrival at the airport to transfer me to the hotel. No driver was at the airport.
The product was beautiful with lovely garden and in a heritage style building with a real sense of authenticity. The buffet breakfast was well presented, fresh, varied and plentiful. The staff were lovely but no real connection was made by any of them - something I would expect at a boutique hotel. Bathroom could have been cleaner and I the spa was expensive. I was surprised that I was charged for a bottle of water to take with me in the car to the airport.
I may stay again but I would drop my expectations.

Room Tip: Ask for a room on the 1st floor so you get a bit more privacy from people looking in when they are e...
  • Stayed: October 2013, travelled solo
1  Thank Simon J
Reviewed 29 October 2013 via mobile

Stayed at Ha An for 4 nights and could not have been more satisfied with the stay.

The staff were some of the most friendly and helpful I have ever encountered. Buffet was delicious and the free bike service was a great touch.

The room was probably a fraction small. Having a computer connected to the TV was excellent as we could watch some of our own movies in a little bit of down time.

A great location and great value for money

Stayed: October 2013, travelled with friends