“Very friendly staff.”

Van Loi Hotel
Ranked #88 of 156 Hotels in Hoi An
“Very friendly staff.”
Reviewed 30 April 2014

Van loi has been a great choice for us. The pool is clean and refreshing with a pool bar at its side. The food was great! We also had the chance to take a cooking class right from the hotel. Our cooking teacher Ly brought us to the market in the morning. She explained the different foods at the market. From the market we went back to our hotel to cook the food. We had a great experience. We will make these dishes again.
All the staff at the hotel have been so accommodating. We would come back again. I recommend!

• Stayed April 2014

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (91)
  • Korean first
  • Vietnamese first
The Hague, The Netherlands
Reviewed 26 April 2014 via mobile

We arrived late evening and were greeted by two green-eyed dragons guarding the front entrance. The foyer was reminiscent of a pagoda, with lovely dark wood carvings and furniture. Instantly impressive!
We had 2 adjoining rooms on the 4th floor that we asked to be linked. The rooms were large enough with outside balconies facing towards the countryside and river.
The airco was a little erratic and the bathroom a little dated, but this did not detract from the charm and friendliness of the hotel and its staff.
The staff like to help with anything, and provide drinks if you are waiting in reception for more than a few minutes!
Breakfast buffet was nice and fresh; the accompanying views were spectacular.
The pool was a welcome relief after a hot day in the old town; watch out for the dragon!
It's a short walk over the bridge to the old town and market, and this keeps it nice and quiet at the hotel.
Very happy with our stay; would stay again.

Stayed April 2014, travelled with family
Newbury, Berkshire.
Reviewed 23 April 2014 via mobile

My first impression was not good but, in fact, it is a lovely place to stay. Large bedroom, clean with a balcony. Lovely pool area and very good breakfast served in the restaurant on the top floor with great views. My only gripe would be that the bathroom is in need of updating.

Stayed April 2014, travelled as a couple
London, United Kingdom
Reviewed 22 April 2014

I was at the Van Loi Hotel for 3 nights, the staff were amazing!! Very friendly, kind and helpfull! Reception staff Spoke very good English, when I was waiting for friends I was talking with them and they had a very good sense of humour I miss them already!!! The room was pretty big, loads space, air con, nice shower, all I need! I did not go in the pool but my friends said I was really nice, the spa was very good, I got a hair cut and shave which I liked!

I did not use all the services in the hotel but I can not think of any improvments either.

Thank you for making my stay in Hoi An unforgettable

• Stayed April 2014, travelled with friends
Review collected in partnership with this hotel

Melbourne, Australia
Reviewed 18 April 2014

We stayed here from 11th of April to 16th April. We arrived midnight due to our international flights out of Melbs & Singapore being delayed.

We asked to change rooms the next day as we were situated directly under the restaurant which we could hear all the noise from. We were moved from level 4 to 3. Same room just away from the restaurant. Walls in general are very thin and you can hear other guests shower, their tv etc

We ordered room service once. We spent about 450VND (approx $20aud) and barely touched it. They used plastic cheese on their pizza and their spring rolls smelt funny. I did mention it to them however they proceeded to charge us the full amount.

Location wise was great. I HIGHLY recommend getting your laundry done directly opposite the hotel there is a lovely lady who is always smiling and happy. We loved how she wasn't so rude and arrogant to get you in so we more than happily paid her extra and made an effort to hire push bikes and buy drink etc from her. In a country where it's their in their nature to instinctively rip foreigners off she was a nice change to all that.

There is a fitness gym about 5 minute bike ride from there on the main road to the beach. I can't remember the name but it's opposite Via Hotel I think? So if you're riding toward the beach on the right side if the road it's on the left. We missed it when we first walked there cause it's tucked away but you can't miss it if you're on the same side of the road heading back to the hotel (away from the beach)

We were there around the lantern full moon festival and found the beach area closed early because of this. We did a cooking class with Morning Glory...their restaurant and the course were fantastic and their cooking school has a great set up. My partner is chef with fine dining training and was impressed with their set up for a 3rd world contry.

Overall...we surprisingly loved Hoi An. We would go back again just perhaps pick a different hotel lol

• Stayed April 2014, travelled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with this hotel

Reviewed 18 April 2014 via mobile

Van loi is great. Everything you need and a great view during breakfast. Nhan and the rest of the staff was very friendly and helpful. Swimming pool and cocktails are very refreshing after a hot day in hanoi. Rooms are clean, neat and have a great view.

Stayed April 2014, travelled with friends
Runcorn, United Kingdom
Reviewed 18 April 2014

Two years ago I went on a ‘Travel Photography’ holiday to Viet Nam and was lucky enough to stay at the Van Loi hotel in Hoi An. We had superior rooms with excellent views from a high vantage point. The hotel fulfilled all my expectations and more.
The rooms were spacious, clean and tidy. The breakfast in the restaurant on the top floor was varied and plentiful. My favourite pastime was watching the chef create the beautiful omlettes we enjoyed each day.
After a day’s sightseeing the pool was a welcome recreation and always relaxing and peaceful.
The location of the Van Loi Hotel is ideal, it is near enough to the Old Town but a pleasant enough walk away to keep it quiet and free from disturbance in the evenings.
The staff I found very helpful and friendly – they advised us on places not to miss with lots of
‘photo-opportunities’ and helped me learn a few phrases of Vietnamese to ease contact with the friendly locals.
My best recommendation would be ‘Would I return there?’ And the answer is ‘Yes !
We have reservations to return in late July this year to enjoy its friendly, relaxing hospitality.
Hoi An is one of the most beautiful places I have ever been to, and staying in good accommodation is important, that is why I am writing this glowing report of the Van Loi Hotel.
Colin Paul 18.04.14.

Room Tip: Higher floors have better opportunities for landscape phots