“A fantastic resort”

Vinh Hung Riverside Resort
Ranked #58 of 163 Hotels in Hoi An
Reviewed 10 March 2014

My wife and I stayed here for 2 nights. We had a very comfortable and enjoyable stay.

The room is large and we had all the space that we needed and wanted.

Our room was in front of the large swimming pool (the other pool is smaller) and I swam on both days.

The staff service is excellent and the included breakfast with a view of the river and gardens was excellent. Location is also fantastic. We took the daily free boat ride at sunset to view Hoi An from the river.

We would definitely stay here again in future.

Reviewed 9 March 2014

We spent 3 nights here. The hotel and grounds are beautiful and really nice to walk around and look very pretty lit up. The room we had was very large with large comfy bed and a sofa area.

On arrival you are welcomed with a cold towel and refreshing drink which is a nice touch and the staff seemed welcoming and keen to help.

They have a boat service to drop you off in the old town which is free. We did not use this but thought it sounded like a good extra.

They also put on a little street food 'market' everyday for about an hour. There are various kinds of Vietnamese street food that you can try for free. This is great if you want to try the food or need a little snack in the afternoon.

The hotel is in a great location which is only a few minutes walk from the old town, tailors shops and various restaurants.

The pool is also very nice and a good place for relaxing or cooling down after a day of shopping.

Although the hotel is nice, there were a few things which caused us to mark it down from 5/5. We travelled around Vietnam so stayed in quite a few hotels in different locations so we are also comparing it to those. This place was a lot more expensive but I am not sure that the extra money got you a lot more out of the stay. We were in room 508 which is one of the furthest from the reception area. This meant that the wifi signal was not great and it cut out a few times whereas it did not in other parts of the resort. We were also woken very early one morning (before 7am) by someone in the property next to the hotel doing some kind of DIY or something making a right racket banging. To be fair this is not the hotel's fault but because of the room we were in it did impact on us. We also found the drinks to be much more expensive (by Vietnamese standards) to anywhere else we stayed.

Stayed: February 2014
1  Thank KARDJK
Reviewed 6 March 2014

This hotel was beautiful. i wish that i had more time to stay here and would come back just to stay here for another holiday. The rooms were lovely and clean and very big. The service was great. There was a huge selection for breakfast. The grounds and pool were very inviting. The Wi Fi worked perfectly. I don't have anything negative to say about this place.
Highly recommend a stay here.

• Stayed: February 2014, travelled with friends
1  Thank maxx1958
Reviewed 6 March 2014

We have just spent four magical days at this property along the river. The customer service is outstanding and the staff are so eager to please - the entire resort is restful and relaxing. The location is perfect as it is just a short walk to the old town which is so charming with such a festive air at night. We would like to thank everyone at the resort for making our trip so memorable and have vowed to return next year.
Cheers - Jules

• Stayed: March 2014, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 5 March 2014

This hotel is amazing. Great location and outstanding customer service. This is the 2nd time I have stayed and Vinh Hung and I know many people who have stayed here multiple times as well.
Because I was a returning guest, I was give free airport transport and a complimentary 3 course meal on our final day.

Amazing location with the river and the hotel offering a shuttle boat and a sunrise cruise.
Every afternoon being able to enjoy traditional vietnamese dishes is what makes this hotel stand out in my opinion.

The staff are so lovely and will go out of their way for you, nothing is ever to much hassle. Even the flowers and messages left on our bed are such a great touch after being out for the day.

I love this hotel and cannot wait to go back to Hoi An and spend time at this hotel.

Reviewed 4 March 2014

If you are unsure whether to stay by the beach or in town - stay in town at this place and cycle out to the beach! It's not far and is a lot of fun. This hotel is ideally placed in Hoi An, a few minutes walk to the main streets, but overlooking a beautiful river.

We stayed in one of the bungalows overlooking the river. After a long day traveling from Ha Noi, we arrived in our room, and saw through the veranda the river and felt so delighted with our choice.

Our room was lovely - the bed huge and comfortable, good facilities and the great view. Our veranda had a round day bed also. The bath was a bit tired but then it didn't matter. It is a jacuzzi and my 4 year old son and I had a great time filling it with bubbles and switching it on to have the bubbliest bath EVER!

The breakfasts were nice and we ate them outside each morning. We were given a free evening meal by the hotel, which was a treat. Each evening the hotel runs a "Market" where they provide free local street food, We also took advantage of the free sunset cruise and free boat shuttle into town. So for $125 a night we got lots of value.

The weather during our stay was not as we had hoped (we stayed 5 nights, hoping for sunshine so we could go to the beach), but instead it was sunny for 2. We hired bikes and cycled to the beach which was lots of fun. The other few days - I went shopping with my son, whilst my husband hired a scooter. Then I took a cooking class in the hotel, which was great as no one else did and so I got a bespoke class - thoroughly enjoyable. It ended up costing the same (maybe a touch less) than the places in town and they let me cook enough food to feed my son and husband. They thought I was a great chef!

We used the pool and the gym and the bars. There was one noisy morning - where someone was noisy just outside the room - but I think it was someone from a traveling school party who was talking. It did wake me. I found the staff quiet.

The hotel is one of the nicest I have stayed in. The staff are wonderful, and I felt honoured to be able to hang out with the lady who took me on the cooking class.

• Stayed: February 2014, travelled with family
Reviewed 2 March 2014

We stayed in the hotel for almost a week and we enjoyed our stay a lot, it was very comfortable. The rooms were spacious, we didn't have a room with a nice view on the river because they were already booked but there are a lot of nice places you can sit, so for us that was not a problem.

the staff was very nice especially ate the bar! The breakfast was very good, fresh eggs, a lot of fresh fruits, bread, salad and a lot of vietnamese food as well. They arrange a few things for their customers like some local foodtasting in the afternoon, we had much better on the street but it was free, so no complaining about that.

It is pretty close to the city center and still pretty quiet in the evening. Early in the morning the staff of customers are sometimes a bit loud, but waking up early at such a nice place wasn't a problem for us! :)

The woman in the opposite of the hotel will do your laundry for 1$ a kilo and you can also rent pretty nice bikes over there for about 25.000 VND.