“Good location, poor hotel”
Review of Thanh Binh I Hotel

Thanh Binh I Hotel
Ranked #130 of 144 Hotels in Hoi An
Diemen, Noord-Holland, Netherlands
“Good location, poor hotel”
Reviewed 16 December 2013

Dear fellow travellers,

the location of Tanh Binh 1 (there are 3 in Hoi An) is very good as it is the closest to the boulevard where everything happens. The hotel itself is very simple and poor. For EUR 14 a night you can't expect much but we have had so much better for similar prices in Vietnam. Breakfast was quite okay but we had to go to Tanh Binh 3 to enjoy that, no worries there. That hotel also had a pool, which we could make use of. Wifi was working properly, happy with that.

The most annoying thing of the hotel where the staff. They do not understand that their watching a soccer match (very loudly) or putting on music at 6am (again very loudly) does not make you feel like you are very welcome. We don't mind waking up to sounds of the street, that's part of the culture, but this was a bit too much. We would not recommend this hotel to friends without this fair warning, but the location is as said quite okay.

• Stayed December 2013, travelled as a couple

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (10)
  • Korean first
  • Vietnamese first
Adelaide, Australia
Reviewed 3 December 2013 via mobile

Horrible,
Towels badly stained, door lock pathetic.
Unfriendly staff who were far too keen to keep passport.
Bed like concrete and in all just the worst place I gave ever stayed in.
Be warned, think again before booking there. You can do so much better with little increase in price.
Hoi an though is unique and worth the visit

Stayed December 2013, travelled with family

Travellers are raving about these Hoi An hotels

Sydney, Australia
Reviewed 25 November 2013

Staying on tour at this hotel. Room very small. Beds very hard. Airconditioner hardly works and cealing fan very noisy when running. Had to remove the mosquito nets as cealing fan hit them when running....

Room Tip: Try somewhere else. Poor quality
  • Stayed November 2013, travelled with friends
Here and There and everywhere
Reviewed 19 November 2013

This hotel is close to old town and has nice big rooms with a high sealing, AC and fan.
There was a huge bathtub in our room - but the water did not run....

Breakfast and pool is in the other Hotel called Thanh Binh III Hotel which is about 5 minutes walking away.
Breakfast buffet is good over there but you need to approach them if you want an omelet - they won't offer it to you if you do not ask.

• Stayed November 2013, travelled as a couple
Beaufort, Australia
Reviewed 15 November 2013

Just a walk away from the bus stop, the hotel is easy to find, the reception staff is friendly, first I was in the first floor room, the large bed was very comfortable, the bath was the good size, and the hot water was perfect. Situated in the start of the old city, not far from the market and the river. Unfortunately the rain and wind came and in the morning the room was like a little swimming pool, I just wanted the staff clean the room and give me towels to put near the window, but the staff insisted to move us in another room.with Agoda there is no breakfast included, so you can buy a breakfast voucher for $US 2 PP and walk to Thanh Binh 3 and enjoy this delicious buffet.

Room Tip: Definitely don't take the 202 when rain is predicted.
  • Stayed November 2013, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 13 November 2013

at the top of Le Loi you cant get more central especially for the budget price. Other reviewers mention getting harangued about going to the managers brothers tailors. My experience was he just handed me a card having helpfully, on my arrival, drawn all the main things to see on a map. my room way big, light and clean and with the deal I got with breakfast meant that although I had to walk to their sister hotel Thanh Binh III which was only 5 minutes walk. where I was paying $10 a night the breakfast restaurant was four times the price but we all got the same buffet! the breakfast was incredible, wonderful breads, pastries, eggs, bacon, fruit, ham etc.

anyway I digress, the Thanh Binh I is a very good central spot. I found the general Manger Minh to be wonderful and helpful, the other two males although limited by their English were also very pleasant, there was a female there who was disinterested and rude and asking for the key off her was as if I had asked her so most awkward favour in the world. However all told I enjoyed my 7 night here, a good place to explore Hoi An

• Stayed August 2013, travelled solo
1 Thank tomjb33
Ha Noi, Ha Noi, Vietnam
Reviewed 25 October 2013

I booked this hotel at a good deal (i thought). But it turn out a disappointment once we arrived. The bed was big but very cranky and make annoying sound. There was a glass window above the door which allow the corridor neon light radiate into our room whole night. Most ridiculous, a bathtub and wash basin outside of the bath room and located right next to our bed. The room wasn't clean. Water flow is not stable. Staffs were neither professional nor friendly. We wanted to move out right a way, but we reserved 2 nights on Agoda, so bearing this place was a brave decision. Hope no one else will make the same mistake as we did. Better pick a homestay or so in Hoian.

• Stayed October 2013, travelled as a couple