“Great staff”

Ranked #120 of 142 Hotels in Hoi An
Hamilton, New Zealand
“Great staff”
Reviewed 16 May 2014

Very good central location. Helpful staff. Good rooms with huge comfortable beds. We found the hotel to be clean with great breakfast choices- had read a few negative reviews prior to going but we had a great experience here for 4 nights and don't know what those people were on about.

Room Tip: If you need a really quiet room ask for one not over the street at the front of the hotel
  • Stayed April 2014, travelled with family
1 Thank AndreaPete2013

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (37)
  • Korean first
  • Vietnamese first
Melbourne, Australia
Reviewed 26 April 2014

We stayed here for 3 nights and it was faultless.

We arrived into Hoi An early in the morning via a sleeper from Nha Trang and they had a room ready for us to move into straight away so we could have a nap.

The buffet breakfast was a selection of bacon, eggs, sausages, toast, baguettes, ham and different fruits. Yummy. The room was very clean and the bed can only be described as a cloud- so comfy!! A great range of cable tv channels and a small balcony.

The pool is big and in my opinion much better than going to the beach (the water is freezing there, only good if you want to sunbake!).

10 min walk to the river, great service, great room, nothing to complain about really.

• Stayed April 2014, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Roza182
Bristol, United Kingdom
Reviewed 5 April 2014

Taking other reviews with a pinch of salt we booked 2 nights so that if it was as bad as some seemed to think we could look elsewhere. The price was $25, when we asked if we could have a discount if we stayed longer we were moved to a much nicer room on the ground floor with a small garden, right by the pool for $23. Cleaned to a high standard every morning, everything worked ok & breakfast is good. Lots of fresh fruit, bagette or nice wholemeal, bacon, eggs, ham, salad. We really liked it & felt that for the price & location this is hard to beat, just a 10 minute walk to the old town but with lots of nice cheap restaurants nearby. The pool is lovely, well maintained & although there are only a few sunbeds & chairs we always had one, often with no one else there. Ok, if you want to nit pick the rooms are a little tired, some mildew in bathroom, wires sticking out of the walls but this is a budget hotel & if you want it perfect you need to pay more! I had a problem sleeping the first night due to a bright light over our french doors. I asked to have it switched off & although they explained it was for security, it was turned off every night. We ended up staying 10 nights & I would not hesitate in recommending this hotel.

Room Tip: Ask for a room near the pool at the back (104, 105, 106) you get a lovely little garden & the wi...
  • Stayed April 2014, travelled as a couple
New York
Reviewed 30 March 2014 via mobile

Possibly one of the worse hotels we have stayed in over our 3 months travelling. We swapped from the sunflower hotel to here for location but everything went downhill service wise.

The breakfast is awful. We didn't eat here, it's been pretty good so far on our trip but here you just get lank greasy tepid egg, stale bread and some stale pastries....oh and the hot drinks are all cold. Maybe it was because we were used to the sunflower where they had a buffet but you could also get made to order fresh eggs etc...who knows

Another thing is the staff walk around shouting and slamming doors (well they did on our floor) and everything's echoes so badly it's really hard to sleep. I'm usually a pretty deep sleeper but was woken every morning by around 5-6 by slamming doors and shouting. Wasn't really ideal...

They don't accept card payment either

The swimming pool is nice though and gets the sun for most of the day....ummmmmm and the location is pretty good, just a short walk to town.

The staff are......ok. I think we have been spoilt in the past with our hotel staff as they've all been really friendly. Hey ho!

I would advise looking around before making you decision to stay here

• Stayed March 2014

Travellers are raving about these Hoi An hotels

Kandy, Sri Lanka
Reviewed 8 March 2014

Although the hotel is a bit tired (e.g old window shutters and windows in bathroom expanded from water) I would still recommend this hotel. The most comfy bed I have slept on in Vietnam, nice little pool if you don't want to go down the beach and a great buffet breakfast including Vietnamese and Western food. Good location with only a short walk to the river and about 10 min walk through the ancient town to the central markets and only 5 kms to the beach (easy bike ride).

Stayed March 2014, travelled as a couple
Jeddah, Saudi Arabia
common_n_hotel_reviews_1bd8 2,434 helpful votes
Reviewed 6 February 2014

This review is very late. Thanh Binh III Hotel has been our home in Hoi An every time we visit this UNESCO world heritage town since 2009. The beauty of Hoi An is so alluring that we keep on coming back every year. I always book online on a popular hotel booking website but lately, I learned that I can get a better deal if I book directly with the hotel, and this is what I intend to do in all my future trips. The rooms, the lobby and the restaurant are tastefully decorated. Wifi is avaiable anywhere in the hotel even in the rooms. For those who didn't bring a laptop or tablet there are desktop computers with internet access at the lobby available to guests for free.

The friendly receptionist, Mr. Tran Cong Bang, is always there to assist. He has been very helpful in providing free room upgrades, arranging bus tickets, private car with driver, package tours, etc. One time, when I couldn't connect to the internet inside my room he even asked me to use the internet PC at the reception area so I can upload all my photos. Also, when I wanted to meet a Vietnamese friend in Ho Chi Minh City, he even called from his moblle phone to relay my message to my Vietnamese friend who hardly speaks and understand English. He was also an excellent host, he even invited me and my sister to a local restaurant for some food and drinks and insisted on paying the bill. He also assisted us in our shopping. He helped us in booking the MySon Sanctuary Sunrise Tour a couple of times.

The buffet breakfast at the ground floor restaurant is always a pleasant dining experience. The restaurant is open as early as 6am and the buffet table has a lot to offer; you feel like attending a feast and will definitely leave the restaurant with a heavy tummy and fully satisfied.

Locationwise, it is simply the best. The old town is just a short walk from Thanh Binh III Hotel and you can go to the shops anytime at your convenience; plenty of tailors and dress shops around the area.

The outdoor swimming pool is well maintained and the water is inviting anytime of the day and even at night. The pool area is well landscaped and provides excellent photo opportunity. For beach lovers, the Cau Dai Beach and An Bang Beach can be reached within five minutes by taxi.

I highly recommend the Thang Binh III Hotel to all eveyone visitng Hoi An. The room rates are reasonable and you will get good value for your money.

Room Tip: Ask for a room with windows and balcony facing the street. I is great opportunity for people watchin...
  • Stayed March 2013, travelled with family
2 Thank pinoytraveller2
Copenhagen, Denmark
Reviewed 1 February 2014 via mobile

Great hotel, clean beds and sheets, nice bathrooms except that the tub didnt have a shower curtain making showering a very messy affair.

The wifi in room 315 was also crap. You had to go out to get wifi and then walk into the room and hope it is still there.

Breakfast was great as well!

Stayed December 2013, travelled with family