“Disappointing”

Thanh Binh III Hotel
Ranked #137 of 170 Hotels in Hoi An
Reviewed 22 October 2009

This hotel was recommended to me by a friend who stayed here about a year ago. It's obviously gone downhill from there because I was very disappointed. The staff are at best surly, at worst downright rude. Apparently breakfast was included but nobody told me that so I had breakfast in the town every day. The room itself was clean but the sheets on the bed were not. The pillows were lumpy and uncomfortable and the mosquito net had a great big hole in the top held together by a used band aid. The location is great but there are other hotels nearby that are probably better than this. Very disappointing.

• Stayed: October 2009, travelled solo

Reviewed 30 September 2009

We came here during low season and were able to get one of the best rooms for $22. The room had two beds, a huge balcony facing out the pool, and a western style bathroom. There was free internet and a free basic breakfast. The location was very convenient and we walked to all the major sights and attractions.

The decorations definitely showed signs of aging and it wasn't the most spotless hotel I've been to in Vietnam. I hear they charge $40 for this type of room during the high season and I definitely don't think it's worth that much.

I also wasn't that impressed with the staff. Upon my arrival I took a serious tumble in the lobby because it had been raining the floor was slippery. The staff just vaguely stared in my direction instead of coming over and helping me up.

So my recommendation is to stay here if you get a good price, otherwise you can get better accommodations elsewhere.

• Stayed: September 2009, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 25 August 2009

Solo female traveller, paid $22 for a room with TV, A/C, small garden/balcony out back, 1 double bed and one single bed in a big room, on the ground floor right by the pool, wifi, computers for free internet in lobby. Stayed here one night after moving from another hotel and didn't regret it. The pool was a god send. Chilled out there all afternoon that day met some great people that I spent all night with. The staff were really friendly. For some odd reason I woke up at 4 in the morning with no idea of what time it was. Wandered out to find a friendly guy who was more than happy to tell me the time and arrange for a wake up call. :) Would stay here again and actually recommended this place to 2 ladies I met along the way who were then told they were full.

• Stayed: August 2009, travelled solo
Reviewed 5 August 2009

My friend and I stayed here for 5 nights in June 2009. Do not confuse with the other two Thanh Binh hotels this is in 98 Ba Trieu St. The hotel itself was cheap and a good base to explore Hoi An. We paid AU$20 p/night for standard twin room. The beds were uncomfortable and the shower had no pressure but it was clean and the A/C worked well. There was free internet in the lobby and a decent pool. Complimentary buffet breakfast was basic but included fresh fruit, toast, eggs, ham and noodles with tea, coffee and banana shake to drink. The location was fantastic, only a 10min walk to the main part of town with decent restaurants/cafes, tailors and cobblers right outside. There is a bike hire place right outside and the hotel itself organises tours to the sights for you. Overall, a great place to stay but don't expect much chit chat from the staff.

• Stayed: June 2009, travelled with friends
Reviewed 27 June 2009

we stayed in the hotel for 1 week.
we payed 16USD per night which was good value - it had a big pool, helpful staff, and was on a nice quiet street. breakfast included.
the furnishings in the hotel are beautiful dark carved wood
the day we arrived there was a scum on the surface of the pool but the cleaned it up promptly.
the breakfast was not great. buffet style. same every day. the bread (which is great big abgueetes in vietnam -YUM) was always a bit stale, always seemed like it was left from yesterday.
we rented a dvd player from them one night which was a good relaxing night in.
overall happy with the hotel, good value for money.

• Stayed: June 2009, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 25 June 2009

We stayed here for three nights in May, 2007. We payed $25/night inc breakfast for a room on the 2nd floor overlooking the pool. Room was large, nicely furnished, clean, with nice ammenities including A/C, satellite TV w/English channels, fridg, fan, balcony. Staff was friendly and helpful. Free internet in the lobby. We negotiated this price from the $33 walk-in asking price.

Unique Qualities: Excellent pool, very good full breakfast buffet.

Stayed: May 2007, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 21 April 2009

We only stayed in this hotel for 1 night as the room was dirty. The sheets and bed covers were dirty and the walls and ceiling were filthy. There was a lot of dirt behind the toilet around the drain on the floor. The beds are as hard as rocks. We had to get the quilts on the bed and fold them over 4 times to get some softness. The breakfast was standard, bread, eggs, fruit etc. The hotel looks nice and the staff are friendly, the room was large and it has a pool but not worth the $40 us. The hotels next to this are much nicer for the same price or cheaper.

• Stayed: April 2009, travelled with family