“Comfortable with good location”

Hoi An Lantern Hotel
Ranked #77 of 159 Hotels in Hoi An
Reviewed 24 April 2013

Spent 2 nights here as part of a small group tour. The location was good, right at the end of a main shopping street and very walkable. Plenty of good restaurants nearby. My room was a fairly good sized room with a refrigerator, working A/C, clean, and a decent shower. I didnt have much of view but it did not matter as I spent most of my time exploring beautiful little Hoi An. The lobby is large with comfortable sitting and the breakfast buffet is more than adequate. There is a pool that looked attractive. I liked this hotel. My only reservation is with the front desk...not particularly friendly and when asked to reserve a massage at a nearby spa, they pulled out THEIR massage listing at the hotel and said they could reserve one of those, completely ignoring my request. All in all, I would recommend this hotel.

Room Tip: Ask for a balcony or near the pool.
  • Stayed: April 2013, travelled solo
LanternHotelFOM, Guest Relations Manager at Hoi An Lantern Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 3 May 2013

Dear value guest,
Thank you very much for your kinding comments our hotel on tripadvisor. Nearby old city, friendly staff, good services, that was the comment from visitors after they staying at our hotel, that's right we are always working with the motto "service from the heart" and ready to provide all available services in our hotel to guests, we do not want our customer spent their money without service value, we are not allowed to refuse or ignore requests from customers, we look forward to what is selling good and services affordable for our customers first.
we hope see you again in our hotel.
Wth my kindest regards,
Guest Relations Manager
Nguyen Duc Tai / Mr

Reviewed 11 April 2013

I have stayed in this hotel several times over the years. It was formerly known as the An Phu hotel but has since changed hands. The new owners have painted, added new fixtures, drapes, flat screen TVs , changed the lobby lay out and furniture and in general ptesent a better managed hotel with attention to customer needs.
The location is close to Old Town while giving easy access to the beach. The general maintenance is improved and any complaints I had were addressed right away. They have a decent pool, and spa services as well. The breakfast buffet is good, having added cereals and pancakes to last years menu. Overall a better experience and a good size room

Room Tip: Street side rooms can be a little noisey, but they have balconies, while the pool facing rooms are l...
Stayed: March 2013, travelled solo
1  Thank xing-yi
LanternHotelFOM, Front Office Manager at Hoi An Lantern Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 12 April 2013

Dear our value guests.
Thank you for came back to the hotel, we were glad to give you a sense of comfort while staying at the hotel.
We are the new management team and still in time to upgrade the hotel and improve more hight level service skills, they will be done in soonest time
We appreciated your nice comments.
Thanks for your spent time at our hotel.
Our best regard.
Xing_Yi
Nguyen Duc Tai/ FOM Manager.

Reviewed 3 April 2013

I visited the hotel principally to partake in the cooking class and lantern making, which I would highly recommend to anyone. The cooking class included a trip to the local market with Mr
Tai, the Executive Chef, where he explained all the local produce to us whilst purchasing some of the food that we cooked on our return. We made three delicious traditional Vietnamese dishes, and Mr Tai tailored the cooking class to meet my requirements because I am vegetarian. It was the highlight of my holiday and I look forward to going back one day. In the afternoon we had a lesson in lantern making. We learned about the history of lanterns and the meaning of their shapes and colours from a lovely teacher, and we were able to take away the lantern that we had made. Although some of the rooms have been refurbished my room was basic, decorated in a traditional Vietnamese style, but very pleasant and clean. The staff were very friendly and couldn't do enough to help us. I really loved my time there and would highly recommend the hotel, cooking class and lantern making to anyone. NB Mr Tai explained that since January the hotel has been under new management. Rooms are being upgraded, the restaurant is being refurbished and there seems to be a buzz of excitement and a desire to make this the best 3* hotel in Hoi An. I cannot wait to go back and see the progress!

• Stayed: April 2013, travelled with friends
LanternHotelFOM, Front Office Manager at Hoi An Lantern Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 14 April 2013

Dear value guest from united kingdom,
Many thanks for joining cooking and lantern making class from Hoi An Lantern hotel, we's on the time refurbishing the model, imprving services and upgrade all facilities of the hotel with 3 star international hotel, we really appreciate your comments of our hotel services and warmly welcome you spend 1 or 2 nights with us to see and feel for changes and progress of hotel.
Best regads,
Front office Manager
Tai. Mr

Reviewed 28 March 2013

Hotel is in a good central location. Staff were friendly and very helpful. Room was clean and a nice size over looking the pool. We were a little surprised that the do not take credit cards, so have cash available.

Room Tip: Ask for a room facing the pool area as they are quieter.
  • Stayed: March 2013, travelled with friends
LanternHotelFOM, Front Office Manager at Hoi An Lantern Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 17 April 2013

Dear Jim R,
We are very happy when you stay and comments about our hotel, but there is a small problem make you unhappy in our professional services,hotel managerment teams are always receive your ideas and fix it as quickly as possible. We have already fix remedied the problem after a small error on the system's technical charges credit cards in a short period of time to delay it, we hope it will not happen again.
Best wishes for you,
FOM
NGUYEN DUC TAI,MR

Reviewed 11 March 2013

My family stay in Lantern hotel one weeks ago.We very happy when we stay here,because the hotel very close to the old city ,rooms from the hotel so good an excellent clean ,staff were friendly,breakfast was delicious,upon arrival we were checked in and given a welcome drink and cold towel.
I would highly recomend the LANTERN HOTEL to everyone. i will definitely stay here again when back in Hoi An

Room Tip: good room.
  • Stayed: March 2013, travelled with family
LanternHotelFOM, Front Office Manager at Hoi An Lantern Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 19 April 2013

Dear hoainguyen,
We want to thank you for the wonderful comments our hotels, the board of directors and all our staff are always directed to the same quality of service. Hoi an lantern -3 star hotel is the only hotel in the old town near hoian advantage old citi compared with other hotels, utilize the advantage that we find ways to navigate to the most service quality perfect, pleased to welcome you back to our hotel!
Have fun!
Best regards,
FOM
TAI.MR

Reviewed 27 February 2013

I stayed this hotel ago 2 weeks, every thing seem be changed and so new. I really impress with staffs in here. They're friendly & help me very whole-hearted. I chose deluxe poll view, i think i didn't make a mistake. The room is well-equipment and cool, in morning standing in balcony very comfortable. Especially, on the top of the hotel, i can see all of HoiAN view... And many thing was good. I'll return this place.

• Stayed: February 2013, travelled with friends
LanternHotelFOM, Guest Relations Manager at Hoi An Lantern Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 24 April 2013

Dear Thanhle,
Thank you very much for taking the time to comment on our hotel, that's right, the hotel is upgrading the facilities and technical and services as well wish to go to the best satisfaction for customers while staying at our hotel, which I think is very special to many customers do not know about our hotel, on top of our hotel has a small lighthouse where you can relax with a drink of water and looked all city through the telescope.
We hope to welcome you again in your next trip.
Best regards,
Guest Relations Manager.
NGUYEN DUC TAI/MR

Reviewed 20 February 2013

We chose this hotel after friends had recommended it to us, and so booked without seeing some of the awful reviews from some people. I really am not sure if we stayed at the same hotel as those people!!
We arrived after a long tiring journey on an overnight bus and we were allowed to use our room earlier than the booking in time. We were met by very friendly staff at the front desk, and our cases were taken to the room by equally friendly porters, in fact, 'friendly' is a word I could easily over use in this review as we did not meet one member of the staff who didn't greet with a cheerful smile and an obvious willingness to help if needed.
Our room, was a good size and clean. There was a satellite flat screen TV which actually worked with a quality picture. good size fridge which was well stocked. The room also had a usable balcony although the view wasn't perfect, (well you can't have everything)
There is a beautiful open sided restaurant which served a lovely buffet breakfast with a great selection of food and a chef ready to cook your eggs fresh and to your liking. Then you can eat your breakfast to the sound of soft music to start the day.
After a long day of sight seeing what's better than to cool off in the hotels pool.
Overall, this hotel has been the best one we have stayed at on this holiday and one that I can't make any negative points about. Oh sorry there is one, our shower water wasn't particularly hot, but hey, who needs scolding hot water in those temperatures.
Thank you Lantern Hotel for a great place to lay our heads, will definitely recommend you to others.

• Stayed: February 2013, travelled as a couple