“A real favourite” 5 of 5 bubbles

Ranked #6 of 242 Hoi An B&B and Inns
West Midlands
“A real favourite”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 16 July 2014

We stayed in some really good hotels in Vietnam, and this was no exception, in fact it was probably the best. After a long but thoroughly enjoyable day on a motorbike from Huế, we were greeted by Mr Duong and family with cold drinks and big smiles, and this continued throughout our stay.

The room was spacious and extremely clean, the shower was powerful and the beds more comfortable than we had elsewhere. It is well located just outside the old town, which can be easily explored by foot (or even more easily and enjoyable by bikes for $1/day).

The staff couldn't help us enough to ensure we made the most of our time in Hoi An. We also used this as a base for our overnight trip to the Cham Islands (Bai Huong) which they arranged for us (very basic - which Mr Duong warned us about - but I would thoroughly recommend not being put off by this if you want to experience a non-touristic side to Vietnam - definitely one of our Vietnam highlights).

We loved Hoi An and loved Blue Clouds. I'd recommend to anyone!

• Stayed June 2014, travelled with friends
      Sleep Quality

Business
Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (27)
  • Indonesian first
  • Korean first
  • Thai first
  • Vietnamese first
Dublin, Ireland
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 12 July 2014 via mobile

We stayed with Mr.Duong's family for four nights whilst in Hoi An and we were extremely impressed by their warmth and generosity from the moment we arrived. We were offered a welcome drink, checked in four hours before check in time and were offered a delicious complimentary Sunday lunch to meet other guests on our first day! Mr. Duong and Kim arranged our tours and had plenty of bikes for rent at $1 per day - perfect for getting around Hoi An.
On our last night we were interested in sampling the local Banh Mi sandwich so we asked Mr. Duong where he would recommend for us to try it. We couldn't believe it when he insisted in buying it for us as it was our last night in his home!
We would highly recommend Blue Clouds for real Vietnamese hospitality and hosts who go above and beyond to help during your stay in lovely Hoi An!

Stayed July 2014, travelled as a couple
Melbourne, Australia
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 10 July 2014

Great value and without doubt the best place that I stayed in Vietnam. Clean and shiny new but the best feature is the warm ambience and wonderful staff. John and Kim go out of their way to make you feel welcome and comfortable. A mere 10 minute stroll out of the old town but grab yourself a rental bike. I loved riding around Hoi An!

Room Tip: If you come by taxi from Danang airport. Negotiate a "off the meter" deal with the driver...
  • Stayed June 2014, travelled solo
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
Inverness
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 9 July 2014 via mobile

We have just spent three nights at Blue Clouds Homestay, and I can safely say this is one of the nicest places we've stayed at in our five months of travelling across NZ, Australia and SE Asia.

They were prompt and polite in their emailing, and organised our car to Hoi An (15 USD) from Da Nang.

When we arrived, we were greeted warmly by Kim, and the first thing they did was to offer us a cold drink of lemon juice, which was blissful on a very hot afternoon. They also took our heavy backpacks to the room for us. We arrived mid-morning and had to wait for our room to be cleaned, but this wasn't a problem - we sat and had our drinks whilst Kim showed us a map of Hoi An and explained all the attractions. She also told us that on that afternoon they'd be serving lunch (I believe they do this every Sunday?) so we were happy to hang around.

Lunch turned out to be for all the guests together, about 13 of us. They set up tables and chairs in the little courtyard outside and served us a beautiful noodle soup with and cold fizzy juice. It was a really nice chance to get to know the other guests and chat. And Mr Duong offered us seconds, although none of us could manage!

The rooms are beautifully decorated, the air conditioning was great and the beds comfy. The mattresses are quite stiff, but we slept well. There was a lockable drawer and cabinet for valuables.

We visited their family's tailor shop called Nu Ni and had some quality items made - a dress, three shirts and a tie. We could tell they wanted us to buy more things, but they didn't push it. We are extremely happy with the quality, which you wouldn't get in all local tailor shops.

Throughout our stay, Kim organised taxis and trains for us swiftly and with a smile. They went over and above when I fell ill on our last night: despite there being a storm and a short power cut and I'm sure plenty of other things they could've been doing, they made me some ginger tea with honey and plain rice in broth, free of charge, to help me feel better! The next morning they went even further, and gave me a snack of muesli and milk (and even one of their spoons!) for the train to Hue, saying that train food wouldn't help my tummy. I tried to offer them some money to pay for the rice/tea/snack/for their kindness, but Mr Duong absolutely insisted that he was happy to do it for nothing. I've never received customer service like this... ever, I think! I am very grateful to them for looking after me.

If you want to stay in a clean place with great location (7 minutes from old town) and especially with trustworthy and helpful staff (just like family), you have to stay at Blue Clouds. I would go back in a heartbeat.

Stayed July 2014
1 Thank Stu_Frannie
London, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 8 July 2014

We stayed for 4 nights at Blue Clouds and couldn't fault the place. The family who own and run it are lovely, really friendly and helpful, and make you feel right at home and well looked after. The rooms are great, breakfasts are nice and the location is close to the old town, 10 min walk or 1 min on a scooter. Also, if are planning to get clothes made whilst in Hoi An, the family place recommended is very good. We got 2 shirts, 2 dresses and a coat made and were very happy with the results. Overall one of the best places we've stayed in 10 months of travels.

• Stayed June 2014, travelled as a couple
Aspen
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 7 July 2014 via mobile

I originally booked for two nights but I enjoyed Blue Clouds Homestay so much that I had to stay one more. This has been the nicest and cleanest place that I have stayed in Vietnam. The family that runs the homestay are extremely nice! They were very kind and made sure you were enjoying your stay. They would do anything to make sure you felt comfortable and were having a good time. They provide the best hospitality. The food was incredible and they even made an authentic Sunday lunch for everybody that was staying there. They are very generous and invite you into their home with open arms. If I had more time I would have stayed longer. I felt very comfortable and satisfied. They had a ton of TV channels and two of my favorites (national geographic and discovery channel)! If you're looking for a place to stay in Hoi An, look no further! Best place to stay in Hoi An!

• Stayed July 2014
1 Thank Doublek818
Birmingham, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 7 July 2014 via mobile

The value for money that you get here is great. The rooms are clean and comfortable. There is always someone on hand to help you. They serve breakfast which was nice (at extra cost). It's only about a 5 minute walk to the centre but it's down a side street so you don't get the noise. The bikes are rented for 1 dollar a day (some places eg the 'full house home stay' offer breakfast and bikes inclusive of the price) and it's not too far to the beach. The owner offers a free lunch on certain days to all guests and this was a great experience and was so kind of him to do so. Great value for money.

• Stayed July 2014