“Friendly staff”

Ranked #58 of 147 Hotels in Hoi An
Den Bosch, The Netherlands
“Friendly staff”
Reviewed 20 August 2014

I've booked this hotel because of the great reviews on several sites. I wasn't disappointed.

In advance I had arranged a airfield transfer from Danang Airport because my flight was arriving at 10.00pm. With a delay of almost an hour and a half the airport transfer was still waiting. The driver was very friendly and says this happens often with these flights. When arriving at the hotel the whole staff was already at sleep but one of the receptionist woke up to help me with my stuff and said there was a complimentary fruit plate waiting in the mini-bar. Nice!

The room was big, had a nice balcony, mini-bar, AC and quite a nice bathroom. The staff is very friendly and really tries to welcome you everytime with your first name everytime you come back at the hotel. If you want to plan some activities the staff is really helpfull to give you tips about Hoi An and about touroperators you can trust.

The breakfast is quite good with a lot of different food to choose from. They even make you a fresh omelette.

The only downside of this hotel is that it's a 15min walk from the old town. In daytime this isn't too bad but at night I wasn't that happy with the walking.

But afterall it's a good hotel and value for your money. I surely would recommend this hotel to my friends.

• Stayed August 2014, travelled solo
1 Thank MrSjuhs

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (203)
  • Polish first
  • Vietnamese first
Melbourne, Australia
Reviewed 19 August 2014

By far the best value place I have stayed at so far in Vietnam. Amazing, and friendly, staff who remember everyone's name, rooms are great for the price and a nice quiet pool to relax in the hot afternoons. From the moment I arrived the service was amazing, especially from yummy who helped organise the rest of my trip. Everything she booked she made me go on the internet and check reviews and prices before I made my decision. Absolutely exceptional service!! Will stay there again without question!

• Stayed August 2014, travelled solo
Amstelveen, Noord-Holland, Netherlands
Reviewed 19 August 2014

We travelled for more than three weeks in Vietnam and stayed in a lot of different hotels. Hoi Au hotel was the best. The warm welcome of the female employees was terrific. They learned all our names from the head. Mimi, Yammi, Tina, Sally you were great. Always ready for small talk and in the evening a goodnight hug even with the beauty mask on their faces. The hotel room was very nice with good beds made up with flower petals and the towels formed into swans and hearts. It was a real family hotel with a nice breakfast, The pancakes were terrific, The service was super good and the advise about trips and possibilities for restaurants also. It has also a small swimming pool and a nice patio were you can relax and have diner or a snack.

• Stayed August 2014, travelled with family
1 Thank Ariane V
Reviewed 18 August 2014

Great place to stay. Cute, convenient, comfortable. Love the free fruit on arrival. Free water, coffee, tea restocked daily. Cute little pool with lounge chairs, good breakfast. Staff is very kind.

Despite the stairs, I might prefer a higher-up room next time because the roosters outside woke me up at 5:00am. But that is not the hotel's fault and they did offer to let me switch rooms.

My only other suggestion is that this busy hotel maybe needs additional bikes (they are free)-- when I left for dinner, there were none left.

Great value, would recommend.

• Stayed August 2014
Brisbane, Australia
Reviewed 16 August 2014

On my most recent trip to Hoi An I had no hesitation but to book the Hai Au hotel. As always I received excellent service and the staff just make the place a dream. As always, consistent, pleasant and fantastic.

Tam, Ruby, Sally, Minh, Tao, Yummi, Long and all the staff....you guys make this place special!!!

• Stayed August 2014, travelled as a couple
Worthing, United Kingdom
Reviewed 16 August 2014 via mobile

Me and my partner stayed here for 3 nights whilst discovering Hoi An and we loved it! The personal service of the reception staff (greeting you by your first name all the time) was excellent and excelled above many other hotels. We were provided with a computer in our room and fresh fruit upon arrival, all unexpected perks that made our stay perfect! Breakfast was good with a large choice including local and Western options. Couple of things to be aware of though, the pool can get a bit crowded meaning a battle for sun beds and also there is no lift, we were on the top floor so literally had to hike plenty of times in a day to get to and from our room. Overall though very happy with our stay!

Stayed July 2014, travelled as a couple
Dublin, Ireland
Reviewed 15 August 2014

I really loved the look of the hotel. It was comforting and charming, almost like a home away from home for us. Our hotel window overlooked the pool on the main floor. The breakfast buffet had a variety of hot and cold food. I say the staff made the best impact for this hotel. They were very friendly and helpful and spoke good english. The location is about a 10-15 min walk from the centre of Hoi An, but still a nice scenic walk to and from the hotel.

• Stayed August 2014, travelled with friends