“Good Western Food”

Ranked #24 of 656 Restaurants in Da Nang
Price range: US$3 - US$15
Cuisines: American, European, Gastropub, Italian, Mexican, Cafe, British
Good for: Kids, Special Occasion Dining, Groups, Child-friendly
Dining options: Brunch, Breakfast, Dinner, After-hours, Lunch, Delivery, Free Wifi, Highchairs Available, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Street Parking, Takeout, Waitstaff, Wine and Beer
Description: Bread of Life has been serving quality, fresh and authentic Western food since 2005 and belongs to Jean-Luc Briastre a Frenchman who loves Vietnam. I bought Bread of Life Restaurant (BoL Restaurant) in 2015. My restaurant was founded by American missionaries to provide work to the hearing impaired and more recently, widowed mothers, and retired people with no pension. Bread of Life Restaurant operates like any other restaurant; our income depends entirely on our business. We are proud that we produce quality meals and service while also providing employment to persons who normally would not be considered employable. We thank you so much for helping us to continue to offer employment to our special population and employees, as well as convivial meeting place for Western ex-pats Vietnam.
Hanoi, Vietnam
“Good Western Food”
Reviewed 11 August 2014

We came here for dinner and thought the food was good. Not great, but good. However, we've eaten here before for breakfast and thought it was excellent - so my advice is to come here for their eggs, hash browns, pancakes and other authentically prepared western fare, and come hungry because the portions are very generous. Most of the staff are deaf, and a portion of what you spend goes to help the deaf community, so it's a good cause, too.

1 Thank tumbleweeds023

• Korean first
  • Vietnamese first
“Unique concept, friendly staff, simple food and excelent coffee”
Reviewed 8 August 2014

Very friendly staff and personal service and then they all know English. Great and simple food - Excellent coffee! You should definitely stop by for a visit.

• Visited August 2014
“Great western food spot in Da Nang”
Reviewed 8 August 2014 via mobile

We had a Vegetarian wrap and a chicken burrito. Both were excellent. A little more expensive than other options but worth it to support a good cause.

Ho Chi Minh City, Vietnam
“Over-price, but at least it supports the people with disability (?)”
Reviewed 5 August 2014

A friend of mine liked its hamburger, so I came twice.
The services were good, and I heard that the owners opened it to support the people with disability, so it is good.
However, the prices was too expensive, and I do not think the quality of the food matched with it. Besides, I was suprised to see the bill: the VAT (tax) did not count in the menu until you read the bill. (But later on, I understood that it is normal for most of the foreign-owner restaurants in Da Nang...)

• Visited October 2013
Los Angeles, California
“Wonderful Lunch!”
Reviewed 4 August 2014

I came looking for this restaurant as I loved the concept and job opportunities that were provided. It was a little hard to find walking around, but after looking online with a map, I came across it and was glad I did. The menu was large with lots of choices of western food which I was missing after all the Asian foods.

I decided to have a Taco Salad as there was a few Mexican options and the descriptions and ingredients listed gave me hope it would be made right. As I'm from California and really love Mexican food...I rearly order it when I travel. I just had a good feeling that it would be good here and I was so impressed.

The Chicken was very well seasoned (a little spicy which I loved). There was a homemade salsa and guacamole, two types of beans, cheese and a home made tortilla shell plus it was all on top of a med of romaine. This was so tasty, I polished it off.

I looked around at the other dishes coming out and they all looked great. I just wish I was in Da Nang longer as I would have come back for sure.

Friendly staff, great baked goods (which I had to buy on the way out).

If you want some great western food, in a cozy place (with strong wifi), this is the place to come eat and hang out.